1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

should there be a british league?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Yorkshire Tim, Nov 27, 2004.

Discuss should there be a british league? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. i've always thought a great idea would sort out celtic and rangers by putting them in a british league. this would mean there would be a BPL with top teams like arsenal,chelsea,liverpool,man u, etc. and celtic and rangers. it might be a problem if southend have to travel to inverness fo example but they'd soon get used to it! irish, northern irish, welsh, scottish and english teams would all be in it. or a British FA Cup where British and Irish teams could enter. i might just be fanasising but i would love this to happen. i'm sure fifa would like the idea just like they want a british national team, that wouldn't though because it'd nearly be all english players, barely any irish, barely any welsh, no scottish!, and no norhern irish. the fans would start fighting with eachover anyway! i would like to hear your views on a BPL and a BFA Cup. I think the fai, wfa, efa, nafa, and sfa could sot something out :87: :triplomur :78: :40:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2004
  2. BB Banned!

Dont wnat a british league for the reason that it will lead to a british national team...that would be a bad thing...

If it means suffering the spl a bitlonger i would keep it....Scotland,England,Wales & NI should all have their own national teams ..thats my opinion

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

British league with Irish teams............no thanks were not part of britan and don't won't to be even though the eircom league is a micky mouse one.

Don't agree with whole league thing but i defo think there should be a british cup.

(MOVED TO PUB)

4. i don't want a bnt like i said it would be all england players (nearly) with maybe a welsh, maybe an irish, and no scottish, northern irish!

5. Dubsbhoy Banned!

no irish player would play for a BNT anyways the ireland team would beat them anyway.

6. i'm a bit of a rugby fan and there's a british team there with irish players in but i dont want that in football. my point is that irish players play for great britain in rugby and aren't too bothered. i'm not saying i want a bnt, i'm saying i'm not sure that players from the eircom league would mind playing in a british (and irish) league.

7. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Well i can't speak for the whole league but i've never heard anyone over hear asking to join a british league, basically if your a good player in the eircom you usually end up playing in england anyways.

i dont want a british national football team. i'm trying to put my point accross that the irish might not be too bothered about playing in a british league. they don't have to be involved if they don't want to though.

8. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i know what your saying mate tbh i just can't see it happening but as i said i really think there should be a british cup.

9. yeh i heard only one player from the eircom league has been picked for roi in 15 years or something like that!

10. its just an idea, i think the fa cups should be kept, but there should be a british cup with british teams. do u think irish teams should be involved in that though?

11. do u own this site dubs or duz celtic mad?

12. Dubsbhoy Banned!

unless they called it something else... no, if it's a british cup and teams from the republic are playing in it then you may as well let teams play from spain etc, whats the rugby one???? the triple crown ???? you could make up a name like that and put teams from eire in it.

13. Dubsbhoy Banned!

CM owns the site.

14. do you know him or sumfin?

15. BB Banned!

Dont think its a possibility...couldnt have irish teams in a "british cup"...would then have to be "british & Irish cup"...too many ifs and buts and im sure there would be some politics in it...
    As dubs said the irish league is not up to much anyway...Most of the Irish support Celtic anyway so they would be happy with that....

16. Dubsbhoy Banned!

No, why the sudden change of topic though????

17. sorry, i just thought because you seem to know everything on this site and you usually move threads into the pub. i can't think of much more to say bout the British Cup. mind you i heard something about a british cup with english and scottish teams in a few months ago which sounded good. something like the winner of 'the' fa cup would play the winner of the sfa cup

18. Dubsbhoy Banned!

No worries i'm a mod for the site and its just better if threads that are more general are kept in the pub, and stuff that is strictly celtic stay in the celtic chat forum.

19. whenever i pub them in the pub they seem to come up on the home page!