1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Should celtic pursue joining the EPL

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jozo The Provo, Oct 16, 2014.

Discuss Should celtic pursue joining the EPL in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Celtbot

That's wishful thinking. The Huns might help but that's it. There's a reason those teams were bankrupt and went down. Those underlying conditions still exist and won't go away. Every Scottish team including ourselves are going to financially struggle for decades to come. Everybody here knows this, why else would we be complaining so much about the lack of a transfer budget, inexperienced managers, and the lack of any star footballers that would want to stay at Celtic long-term. Do you seriously think if the Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies are back in the top flight our tv money is going to increase all that much? :smiley-laughing002:

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

With the Huns return, interest will return to an extent..so will the calibre of player we can attract.. I remember Hopper saying the Derby was a big selling point when signing, players love playing in that game..

Hearts and Hibs are both needed in the league as well, and the league is better with all three playing in it! Not much but defo better!

Competition is better for us, and according to PL the Huns being absent has effected us financially..

Having three of the biggest clubs back in the league eventually, can't be a bad thing for us on or off the park...ps Hearts look a decent outfit at the moment and wasn't much in the game when we played!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  3. Nasser

True the English clubs do not want us playing in England as we would be big competition for them. But I suspect Sky, BT and the sponsors would love it if we did join. But it's already been put to bed ages ago as the English FA said that it would be unfair to Scottish football if we joined, so it won't happen.

I don't think Scottish football will go bust it will toddle on whist the EPL will get bigger and bigger.

4. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    There is nothing to pursue, we haven't been offered and until we do, there's not much point thinking about it.

The EPL have a goldmine and don't need us, simple as that.

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Please, mate, you keep saying the same things over and over and therefore forcing me to repeat myself over and over because you aren't addressing my point. Just listen for a second so we can stop derailing the thread.

It's not a matter of underestimating (or not) the fans, it's a matter of power and leverage. When they no longer need our money or support, why should a board of directors, appointed to represent the interests of major shareholders like Desmond, listen to us no matter how awesome the protests may or may not be.

Do you get it?

6. SpringburnBhoy

You keep bringing up Dingwall ffs,I have said in the past many many times,how * stupid is it that some young people follow Celtic to places like Dingwall,Aberdeen,Inverness and sing Irish Rebel songs,how * stupid is it that they use a wonderful anthem The Soldier Song to taunt people in said places,while if called to arms would run like *.

Go watch a Gaelic Football game or a Hurling game in Ireland and tell me if you hear any Reb songs,or folk singing their national anthem during the games,of course you wont.
    But hey,go to Dingwall while supporting a Scottish team that has more Celtic Football songs than any other team,and sing Irish Rebel songs,makes * sense huh?

Yes let the people sing their Reb songs at football games,let the huns sing about No Surrender at football games while in Scotland,and some folk wonder why the EPL want no part of us,and some others wonder why Scotland didn't vote for Independence.

7. SpringburnBhoy

Though lest people forget,we would need the OK from UEFA,FIFA,The FA and the SFA and that aint going to happen.

8. port boy

I've asked before I'll ask again, why are thousands of people all of a sudden flocking to our games?