1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shon Weissman

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Jun 8, 2020.

Discuss Shon Weissman in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Weird thing is though, if he is quality why aren't Salzburg signing him? they just lost Haaland, Hee-Chan Hwang and Minamino in the last 6 months and less than a year ago lost Dabbur.

Why wouldn't they pick-up what for them is a cheap player even for back-up.

2. Jeremie Frimpong

Why did we fail to bid for Robertson when he was at Dundee United?

Champions0607 likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Ajax also missed out on Van Dijk, we missed out on Robertson. Sometimes these teams aren't interested for whatever reason

The_Bhoy and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  4. Jeremie Frimpong

I think that it is more likely that Red Bull Salzburg can simply afford to shop in more expensive markets, for better players, with the amount of money that they are bringing in these days.

I doubt very much that they think that Weissman is beneath them, given how prolific he is in the Austrian Bundesliga.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Difference here is Salzburg have lost a lot of their attack, their 4 best even lost another attacking midielder on top. 5 good quality attacking players in about 10 months with only pretty much teenagers coming in or young players there.

Would be more like if Ajax lost their whole defence and never signed Van Dijk or we sold Tierney and never signed Robertson.

Or even now if there was a 23 year old Stokes or Griffiths at Hibs just scoring 30 goals and we lost Edouard, Forrest, Elyounoussi and Griffiths and then weren't interested in him.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

He must be *, then.

jake10 likes this.
  7. Jeremie Frimpong

By the way, Robertson moved to Hull City in July 2014; Tierney made his debut in April 2015. Izaguirre was the only senior left-back at the club.

Ajax lost Alderweireld the summer that we signed Virgil, and Vertonghen the summer before.

8. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Robertson left us long before his move to hull, think he went to Queen’s Park when some bright spark in our coaching set up said the future epl and CL winner wasn’t big enough to make it

9. Ryanmcg84

Would love us to get him but for me it looks like a chairmen trying to use us to drum up interest.

If we have put a bid in I highly doubt our board will be too pleased with our business being made public. Generally when we do deal with clubs it seems to be agreed it's kept quiet until the deal is as good as signed.

Would be a cracking signing although I'm struggling to see where he fits in as I don't see us playing 352 as much this season after signing Moi

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. Mr Hoopy

As much as i would love to see him in the hoops there is no way are we signing this guy when we have Eddie, Klimala, Bayo and Griff. Maybe if Eddie and Griff were going but id rather keep Eddie...

Besides, a GK, CH and a FB are more essential positions just now.

11. DonnyCelt

Can see Bayo going out on loan and possibly Griff either loan or away permanently. Eddy already said he's here for next season

12. Pearse67*

I can see griff being sold, left out of france and now serious links with this guy.
    Could probably loan bayo out too, preferably an spl side.

13. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure who’s buying Griffith right now if he’s having issues tbh.

Hibs would try muster money for him but not sure they’d get enough together.

14. Foley1888

Salzburg seem to mainly sign teenagers and then try and sell them on it is almost more a business than a football club, therefore there lack of reported interest doesn’t surprise me. With Weissman he will likely not have a better scoring season so they maybe don’t see how they would add much value to purchasing him? It also seems to come down to if RB Leipzig are likely to fancy him in the future. So it’s not really comparable to the other European Leagues.

They also have Daka (for now), Koita and a few other young guys coming through and will no doubt sign others that we have not yet heard off.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. themouth1888

Griffiths could be on his road out and Bayo is pish.

Leaves us with Eddie and Klimala and Klimala is a complete unknown at this point. We need another striker in so hopefully there is some truth in this.

16. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Screenshot_20200712-093706192.png
    Wikipedia ahead of the curve here?

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Any * can edit Wikipedia.

_DannyBhoy_, The_Bhoy and gary88 like this.
  18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Salzburg have lost players you’re right. But they currently have 3/4 coming through in their ranks who they can see themselves making loads off again. I’m sure weissman will of been sounded out in some form by them, could still be. But he might just not financially fit the criteria they’re looking for. Also why would weissman do another year in that league if he feels he’s already proven himself there?

19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    How can you write bayo off as pish but be okay with keeping klimala as an unknown? I actually think towards the end of the season bayo showed some good qualities whereas when klimala came on he was like a headless chicken

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His scoring record is class but from what I’ve seen he seems quite slow with not much of an all round game.

Hopefully if he’s we’re after him it’s to replace Griff/play with Eddie.

The thought of him being a replacement for Edouard is a worry.