1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shevchenko wants move to England

Discussion in 'World Football' started by regicfc, May 12, 2006.

Discuss Shevchenko wants move to England in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. regicfc

AC Milan's Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko wants to leave the Serie A club and move to England, club owner Silvio Berlusconi said on Friday.

"He wants to leave. He wants to go to England," Berlusconi, who is Italy's outgoing Prime Minister, told a group of students in front of the prime minister's office.

Shevchenko has been frequently linked with a move to English champions Chelsea and recently held a meeting with Berlusconi at his residence.

The former European Footballer of the Year joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999.

Shevchenko confirmed at a press conference at Milan's training ground on Friday that he had discussed with Berlusconi the possibility of leaving the club.

"It is useless hiding things -- I was with the president, we talked of many things and also about the possibility that I could leave," said the forward.

"There hasn't been a definitive decision. I want to be clear, we are only talking. This has nothing to do with my relationship with Milan, there has always been a great deal of affection, as with my team mates and coaches.

"The decision that I am considering regards above all my family," added Shevchenko, whose wife is American.

"I want to say another thing to the fans who have always been and will be very important to me -- it is not about financial matters either, that would be absurd.

"I find it hard to talk about this and now I have to weigh things up well after seven years at Milan and think. We haven't taken any decision -- we will see in the coming days," he said.

Milan are three points behind leaders Juventus as they go into the final game of the season at home to AS Roma.

Shevchenko, who is set to feature for Ukraine in their first ever World Cup finals next month in Germany, is suffering from a knee injury and will not play in the Roma match.

Looks like hes off to chelski :87:

2. baileybhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    I Just can't get enough
    hope he doesnt go there because the premiership is only goin to get less competitive

3. mickey bhoy!!

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    toy will never walk alone
    if he goes to england it will be less competitive cause the same team will win the title all the time. (chelsea)

4. CHRIS2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    if he does move there thats the season over

5. coz_1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, JVOH, McManus
    I'd like to see him at Man Utd. Replace Van Nistelrooy who will be off.

6. MacDanny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    Yer all clueless, he's coming tae paradise :56:

7. Murphy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley + You'll Never Walk Alone
    Shevchenko and Riordian :50:

8. regicfc

Shevchenko decision due in a week

Andriy Shevchenko will decide next week whether he will stay at AC Milan or move to Premiership champions Chelsea.
    The 29-year-old Ukraine striker's deal expires in June 2009 but the club have offered him a two-year extension.

Asked if he was heading for England, Shevchenko told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I'm considering it and you will know my decision on the 24th or 25th May.

"I never said I had made my mind up to go to Chelsea. I just said that I was thinking about it for family reasons."

Shevchenko had said earlier this month that he was considering leaving the club this summer for family reasons.

He is married to American model Kristen Pazik and has insisted that a move to England would not be for financial reasons.

He added: "When you play for a successful club, it is not easy to find the time to learn another language.

"I don't speak the language of my wife and my son."

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon have confirmed their interest in signing the former European Footballer of the Year and Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has hinted Shevchenko may end up playing in England.

Shevchenko joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999 and has scored 19 Serie A goals this season.

He will captain Ukraine at the World Cup finals in Germany this summer.