1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Brilliant. Lets get this * back 3 flying now.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Was originally dissappointed there wasnt any option as losing Forster after last season hurt a lot, but realistically we had zero chance signing Forster on a permanent deal if he was on 70k.

If Duffy is on 45k, theres no reason for us not to give him a deal on 30-35k a week if he does good, we'll have a lot of players sold/off our books this time next year too. Here's hoping we can do a deal for him in January.

Tommy25 and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. scootz

Sounds (to me) just like what we need Nobby. With a couple of exceptions (VVD being the obvious one!), we've neglected the 'defending' aspect when it comes to our CB's for years now.

I hope he's as no-nonsense as others suggest he is - we desperately need a bit of steel there!

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i'll trust in the talkceltic members hes good

2m fee and 45k a week he better be

Smithy likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

just think of what Jack Hendry cost ,makes a £2 million loan fee easier to swallow

MagicBallBhoy, Dan Breen and Hammy89 like this.
  6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Could have a great effect on young CB's at the club also, seeing how the physical side of things during a match should be dealt with. Ajer in particular could really learn off him and add to his own game.

Tommy25 and The Prof like this.
  7. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Will Lennon put him straight into EL 3rd rd match.

8. celtic warrior

"He's not match for yet" .

It's the new "he's raw"

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. murphy88

You would think so, however that probably means that Elhamed and Frimpong are probably going to see little to no game time, as Forrest will play more often than not. It's a good headache to have right enough but I'm no sure we have the right player on the left for it. Neither Taylor or Elyounoussi are a wing back in my opinion.

12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with you about Taylor but for me the 3-5-2 allows us to play both Frimpong and Elhamed and Duffy coming in keeps Ajer on his toes (assuming he's not for the off). Either Jamesy on the left or him and Frimpong competing for that right hand side spot.
    Barkas
    Elhamed Duffy Jullien
    Frimpong McGregor Christie Forrest
    Elyounoussi
    Edouard Ajeti
    Or if we're playing Broony or Ntcham then push Elyounoussi out to the left. Always good to have options, but for me we could get away with 3 at the back and still have attacking wingbacks in Forrest and Ely on, especially domestically.

13. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    FFS, told you all this was happening way back at the beginning of the month!

Anyway, welcome Shane.

cidermaster likes this.
  14. Lewis Kerr

Wow, salivating at that..

For me this is EASILY our strongest team and one we must start to play. Taylor can't be starting for us anymore, neither can Brown. I really hope Lennon starts to wake up.

fanakatic and JML67 like this.
  15. murphy88

All well and good putting up the team you would choose mate but realistically Brown is going to play and so is Ajer in that formation, that's a certainty. Forrest on the left is a waste of time as well in my opinion.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think Brown should be playing 90 minutes every week and essentially he shouldn't have to if we use our squad properly. There's every chance Ajer gets sold before the window closes and we've already played Forrest on the left a number of times.

Like I said, it's good to have options...

17. Maestro 08

With regards to this. Finding a broony replacement is a monumental task and it's highly unlikey we're just going to go out and buy someone who has the influence throughout the club that Broony does. We could probably go out and find a defensive midfielder tom that would play as well as him and do his job on the park but he's so much more than that.

He's ingrained in the club, players and staff love him and he has a huge positive influence day to day. That's something that you earn through blood sweat and tears over a long, long period of time. Even if you found a carbon copy, in today's modern game he would be away after a few seasons.

Brown is unique and will probably never be fully replaced but the closest thing we have to him or at least someone who ticks a lot of boxes is right here at the club. Callum McGregor has come up through the ranks, has been a committed long term first team player and by all accounts from people like KT, he has high standards, great influence and is proper captain material (probably guided and moulded by Brown). If this is Brown's last season, we should give Calmac Broonys wage and the armband and he'll see his career out with us.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really dont give a dam right now about the option to buy, just so glad he is here for this season. Am sure we will be able to figure something out at end of season when he has pockets full of medals.

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's here and that's all that matters. :yeah:

Tommy25, Overkill187 and Gully Sands like this.
  20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I beyond happy about this move,a really good step in the right direction for our Great Club:36:

Tommy25 and johnboy19 like this.