1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shame on the Green Brigade...

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Domo1888, Oct 29, 2009.

Discuss Shame on the Green Brigade... in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domo1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Shame on the Green Brigade.
    Yet another reason for me to vehemently dislike them.

I had the unfortunate encounter of having to sit in with them tonight. And yes, although they may be a good crack and have the "oomph" that the Celtic support seem to lack these days, they are nothing more than narrow minded shallow *.

And it's not just a minority of them. A minority of the Celtic support, YES. But as I was sitting there tonight and I heard "You can shove your * poppies up your *" chanted by about 80% of them I had my mind completely made up on them.
    Ok, granted they may disagree with the whole Britain/Ireland thing (and so do I), but can they not at least show one iota of respect for the men who gave their lives to give us freedom in the first and second world wars? Do they not understand that we'd have been completely * had it not been for them sacrificing their lives in a selfless act to protect their future and our today?
    And do they not understand that the poppy isn't just a sign of "British Imperialism" and that it commemorates everyone who's died in war, whether it be the British troops, the gerry's or even those who fought for the IRA?

Just comepletely sums up my opinion on the backward, narrow-minded, shallow, selfish, "apparently non-racist/fascist" * that make up the Green Brigade.

Shame on them. It makes me feel ashamed to be part of the Celtic support being tarred with the same dirty brush as them.

111 is indeed NOT the place to be.

/rant

2. gazt1976

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov
    Well said

3. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    soldier song feilds of athenry hail hail
    Don't * sit there then .

4. GuitarBhoy

Gangland, Vancouver, BC, The Great White North
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic
    Disgraceful behaviour.

5. kennydal

Can i ask ,why did you sit there when there was 41,000 other seats empty.?

6. Domo1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well I would have been in my regular seat, but they closed the upper tier, so I got a ticket next to my mates.

I didn't think anything of it to be honest. Seat in Celtic park, as good as any other and all that.

7. Domo1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Anyways, it doesn't matter whether I was sitting next to them or not.
    If I was sitting in my regular seat (North Stand Upper) I'd still have been able to hear them, same if I'd been half way along the north stand or anywhere in the Lisbon Lions stand.

8. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    i agree most of the green brigade fans i know are very young as they get older they shall look back and know they were stupid i used to listen to the sam song now i look back and think how immature i was

9. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    Don't kid yourself mate. It is commemorate BRITISH & Commonwealth troops who died in all wars.
    I have nothing against people wearing a poppy, but if you don't want to wear one just keep it to yourself if there are others who want to wear one. It's just a personal choice.

10. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    no need to offend so many people, there are plenty other songs they could be singing.

11. Disneyk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover
    I'll answer your question in part Both myself and wife are season tickets holders and are part of the automatic ticket scheme as the top tier was closed we were sent tickets for area 111 with no choice

12. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    The green brigade :56: am a fan when i go 2 celtic park, am single as in 1 person and i think ever other person is the same.

If people that go as groups think they are better good luck to them, am just your normal fan, * anybody else that thinks they are better, cause they are in some kind of group :47:

13. FinnDineen

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Hooper, Laarson, Jinky, Holy Goalie,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover, just cant get enough.
    I just wish the Green Brigade would just be pro-Celtic (bring that atmosphere back) and not sing about backwards * that makes Celtic look bad. The few games I have seen at CP I have heard some suspect * come out of that section.

Sport and Politics.....keep them as far from each other as possible. One is pure (or should be) the other is corrupt. Not so sure what is what these days.

14. Disneyk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover
    A large number of the green brigade last night were not regular supporters, vast numbers were lads in the 16 yrs or under age group who were drawn to area 111 like a magnet!!!!! ok they sang a lot with some of the songs unsavoury but a large numbers sang just for the sake of joining in!!! I will give you an example when i was leaving the park last night i was in front of maybe 50 or so of the so called green brigade they started singing "sack the board" hastily followed by "sack Dermot Desmond" when this subsided i heard one of the group ask another "Who Is Dermot Desmond" Regulars at Parkhead I think not!!!!

15. wulliebad

Kids eh......:rolleyes:

16. boruc's ball

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, o'dea
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    not the best choice of songs, but i think when they are singing about the poppies they are referring to celtic's decision to wear the red poppy on their shirt last season

i could be wrong here, but from what i've read on other forums the red poppy is a symbol to remember the british war dead, whereas the white poppy remembers all who died in the wars

a lot of celtic fans last season were willing to compromise on this issue last season, by the club putting the white poppy on their shirts instead

the green brigade has never hidden its political allegiances, and seen the wearing of the red poppy as going against these beliefs, just like some supporters on here believe in their right to moan and boo about the team, they have the right to express their beliefs

people say football and politics should never mix, but by the spl and celtic wearing the poppy they have instigated this issue

17. WEEMAN7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul mcstay, Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf clover, Willie Maley
    When i was a wee bhoy i used to believe hatred had no place in paradise & only existed in ibrox. Ha

18. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    I know growing up with other Celtic fans that some of these people singing are young and don't actually understand any of the political baggage. Either singing that kind of songs to fit in with the older Celtic fans in the group, bit of ignorance and also want to be seen as controversial or be seen as some kind of rebels.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Moved to pub section.

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Unfortunately behavior like that makes us all look thugs and endorses the media view that we all support terrorism , Yeah they are primarily young kids but this drags the whole celtic support down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.