1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shakhtar Donetsk V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dubsbhoy, Oct 18, 2004.

Discuss Shakhtar Donetsk V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Few scary stories going around at the moment about a team that we are learning about day by day and the more i hear the more worried i'm getting.

one is that shakhtar have just signed a 14 million pound midfielder who is supposed to be top drawer, the other is the story below and finally the injuries we have at the moment could'nt of come at a worse time.

IMO we need Juninho, petrov, lennon (+who ever plays on the left i hope it's wallce he looked class against the hearts) to play outta their skins lennon normally does but i think we need our midfield on top form.

Never gonna be a better chance for henri to get his first CL goal for the hoops he could of easily of scored against AC but lets hope he does the job on the night. I hope long balls are not gonna be pumped up to BJH everytime we have the ball cos it's the worse style of football you can play imo.

Thats enough from me i'm praying for a 0-1 win but i think maybe a draw is more realistic altough we always play better when underdogs so c'mon bhoys lets get them first away CL pts on the board.

* him jackie will put him in his pocket

Mon the Hoops :icon_mrgr

2. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    True True, we are learning more and more about them everyday, kinda worryin that they can spend that cash on one player, all our players need to be on top form for this one and i would have to go for a 0-1 victory aswell
    Mon The Hoopsaaaaa!

3. mc_

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,lennon,petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    yeh they * arsenal 3-0 cpl seasons ago, point will b a safe result then we can take them@parkhead.if celtic can win the dbl header i think we'll qualify

4. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    i dont think well have much of a problem but only if we control the midfield, just like we did second half in Milan. we are gonna need some tight defending and hopefully Camera will have his shooting boots on cus he can make the chances just doesnt seem to be able to finsh them off.
    ne ways its great to hear Jacki is back i hope he is fully fit and ready to play a good one.
    hail hail 2-0 to the Celts

5. Mark

This match can go either way but I think we have the ability to not beat them tomorrow evening. A draw might not be enough although it would be better than defeat I would think.

What result do you want in the other match (what would suit us?).

Of course most important thing is that we get the 3 points and kick-start our CL campaign. We can do it and if we play a determined game we will win the match.

P.S. Big Sutty in defence would bring so much to the team. Who'll be the back-line for us? McNamara fit do you think? Balde is doubtful. Varga will start. Hmm

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i think it would be better if AC lost to barca but it won't matter if we don't do the buissness tommorow plus a lot of people are saying they'll play out a draw but thats bullshit imo.

7. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    well bhoys am gonnae say one nil win for the cellic C'MON THE HOOPS,C'MON THE HOOPS

8. joecool

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, Bobo, Stilian
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    No way guies we have to win! Shaktar think they have the secret weapon, but nobody wins a football game with only one excellent player, we'll win this match because our bhoys will play as usual alltogether, with the heart. Shaktar is not Barcelona, I can't hope we do a draw, 3-1 for the Celts.

Hail Hail the Celts are there what the * do we care now!!!!!

9. Dutch Tim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky and Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The Bhoys are very unlucky to draw a quiet though group. Normally the 4 team is a weak team, but these guys are good. They have a very rich chairman and players like Pletikosa, Rat, Srna, Hübschmann, all good internationals. I will be though, but a win is very much needed. Otherwise the need stage in the CL will be impossible.

10. Mark

Yes Dutch Tim all 4 teams are of quality and Barca and AC Milan are two of the world's finest sides. Shakhtar have quality but on our day we can match most teams - we can win this one! A draw and it's going to be very hard to make the next phase. A loss and we need to aim for UEFA Cup.

11. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Where are all of you gonna watch the game? Think i'll take a trip down to my CSC.

12. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    am gonnae watch, either in the hoos or the pub undecided the now

13. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yep, I'll certainly be watching it. Couldn't make the trip to Ukraine this time. We will have to win tonight, if we don't that is our hopes of qualifying out the window! We have the team to win but whether they will perform to the best of their ability tonight, we don't know. I say 2-1 to Celtic! Mon the Hoops!!

14. timforlife

aye, 2-1 the hoops. camara and bbj to score

15. Celtic_Babe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Teams should forget all the build up talk before the match and do their talking on the pitch

I think we should win this match thought and have big Sutty playing centre half

16. Dubsbhoy Banned!

* worse celtic performance i've seeing for as long as i can remember.

Marshell - could of done better for first goal
    varga - set up their first goal
    balde - doing back heels in our box
    agathe - never ran at them
    juninhio - our worse player on the night needs a kick up the *
    hartson - missed 2 6 yarders
    Sutton - done his best but never should be playing wide right

I thought these were a good team but after 45 mins i thought we could of got something be we folded like a deckchair after their first goal. We will be lucky to make the uefa cup. the board should be ashamed of themselves they spent 50 million on transfers this season and we loaned 1 player and got another on a free, what a * joke.

17. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    well well well
    what the * happened here, looks like this time there is no heroic story just bad defending, to tell u the truth im getting mighty sick of it, we seem to be the only team that cant win away and it is really getting to me, i have faith in our squad but at the moment i think we can leave Faith alone up to the others cause it aint gonna work here
    one * of tim

18. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We were a * embaressment, it was a truly shocking display.. I just dont get what goes wrong when we play away from home in Europe?! Is that now 8 away losses in a row in the CL? Thats crap.

We need to buck our ideas up thats for sure and hopefully restore a bit of pride in 2 weeks time.

19. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Definately the worst performance I have seen in years!!! We were dire tonight! I am getting a feeling that after MON's interview tonight hes having thoughts of going elsewhere! The board have got to wake the * up and start giving MON cash to bring in new players and not just any old player. We had a pack of youngsters sitting on the bench tonight, a joke!!

20. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    first 45mins thought we might have got summit from the game but soon as mcnamara and sutty went off that was it poor defending again cost us just no heart init in the second half soon as they scored u just new that was it . fed up saying it lack of signings has cost us again, uefa cup dont think we deserve either until we start performing away from home then it will never happen..............gutted