1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sfa in Talks to Bring Var Into Scottish Premiership

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Avatar Daizen, Oct 1, 2021.

Discuss Sfa in Talks to Bring Var Into Scottish Premiership in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    It'll still be Hun * officials, who will also be in charge of VAR. It won't make a difference unfortunately

Morcombe likes this.
  2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Today's VAR assistants and live from Orange lodge 473 Brothers Stewart and Gascoigne will be in charge.

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Question....

Not sure about exactly HOW VAR works....

Is using it at the Refs discretion, ie. He doesn't HAVE to use it if he doesn't want to...if so, does TV get access to the feed anyway, despite the he decision to use it or not?

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Anonymous Hun officials as well I’d guess but even at that, only so blatant you can be.

I don’t think they conspire against us, I think they have a bias that makes a split second decision go against us. Some more than others - Beaton and Dallas being the worst.

Madden’s a big Hun, also think as Scottish refs go he’s one of the better I remember. As slimy as that makes me feel.

martin_d likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Yes he does, can’t overule blatant hand balls, like Caley Thistle under Ronny or blatant wrong decisions. Red cards automatically get checked. That’s guarenteed with VAR however it can be implemented horrendously, like England done it when it came in. Or it can be a bonus, like the International tournaments and CL do. I don’t trust us to do it properly or with any semblance of competence

6. Heb Celt

No way the SFA are bringing in VAR unless it benefits the Huns.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Since VAR was invented, I’ve always wanted it introduced in Scottish football, for obvious hun referee-related incidents.

Now, if/when it is brought in, I do not expect to see referees using it much to OUR advantage (as in making a correct decision) - but what I am looking at it to do is when even these rats still try to cheat us with VAR, we’ll be able to call out their institutional bias more clearly and evidently.

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I think this right here is the crux of the advantage of using it.

There's no way in * the referees are going to be able to deny their biological programming and give Sevco an honest refereeing performance. You can say Leopards can't change their spots but in this case, the referees of Scotland won't be able to change the nearly 200 years of institutional bigotry and racism that defines their very existence.

What it WILL achieve is an end to the prevalence of referees hiding behind "honest mistakes" and "difference of opinion".

Teams have been mostly powerless to challenge absurd Sevco friendly refereeing decisions under threat of discipline from the league body's. Managers get dragged across the coals for speaking out against incompetence as it's automatically labelled bringing the game into disrepute.

With VAR, not anymore. Referees wont even be able to wait a few weeks and pipe in that they made an honest mistake. Not that they ever do.

With VAR, it also puts both pundit complicity as well as institutional media by-balls to bed too. How is that mouth breathing alcoholic Boyd gonna sit on Skysports now and defend the indefensible... Not that he's ever had to.

It may not be the game changer we want it to be... But it's certainly a few less places that Sevco can hide behind.

You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that if there was ONE club in Scotland opposed to the introduction of VAR... It would be the tribute act.

martin_d and eire4 like this.
  9. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    BTW if this was in effect during our Invincible season we'd have won all 38 games.

The 4 games we drew

2-2 v Inverness. Their second goal came after a push on one of our defenders from a set-piece.

1-1 v Huns. Griffiths was denied a late-minute penalty after being tackled from behind when he was one-on-one with the keeper.

1-1 v Partick Thistle. There was a foul in the build up to Thistle's goal.

2-2 v Ross County. Their defender clearly dived to win a pen. Was spoken about at length after the game.

Still annoys me tbh

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Happy to see it come in.

Will expect them to * it up, worse than the english did, since they won't want to be using it too often against the Huns and we will still be left asking questions why some things are being reviewed and some aren't.

It will take time, but either it will weed out the cheating * by it being called out blatently. Or they will start to adjust how obvious they are and in turn things won't be quite as bad.

What we would really need/want is for a European wide VAR governance, where each league is following the same rules and usage of VAR and any major issues/complaints about its use can be passed up to what would be an independent panel.

Leaving it in the hands of the spfl/SFA to make it up, can see the issues that could arise for awhile.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. Buster

The "honest" mistakes will become deliberate cheating

12. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    The refs should be made to come out and explain their decisions after a game. Doubt it would help much, but they shouldn't be silenced the way they are. Would love to hear their excuses after all the pish we witness in a weekly basis. Huns have had 2 red cards in Europe this season. When's the last red card they got in Scotland? No penalties against them last year etc

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm not a fan of VAR in the way that the instant celebration after scoring a goal is very diluted now as they wait to see if it's going to be stand. It is the way forward unfortunately and think it's gonna come to us at some point so might as well be behind it for the positives it brings.

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It's going to cost every club 60K a year. I can't see the smaller clubs going for it. It would be a worthwhile investment for Celtic to just pay it all yearly

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

Bring it in.

The more that other leagues in Europe, European club tournaments and international tournaments use this and the slower Scotland is to implement it, the easier it becomes to call out their blatant bias.

Then by the point they are pressed into bringing it, they will have no choice but to play a more fairer game..... As much as they can.

eire4 likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I understand these thoughts look at it this way though they don’t have the excuse of they never seen the incident properly anymore they will see the same replay as us now and if they still give the wrong decision then we have our proof they are cheating *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamRS likes this.
  17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    VAR is ran in toe with the bookies, just look at the Euros and the EPL for proof of that. There's a reason why 15/20 teams are sponsored by a betting firm down there.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    2 seasons to implement …. Gtf

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Utter garbage what these * are doing.

As you say, how will it take until season 23/24 to bring some * cameras in to the game, especially when clubs are going to be paying for it?

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s only 60 grand a year aswell