1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sevco 5088 v The Champions... 2 nil to the Champions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 29, 2019.

Discuss Sevco 5088 v The Champions... 2 nil to the Champions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

We NEED to be fired up for this. I don't care about the 'hostile' atmosphere, IMO that should be the motivation.

We have to be compact, focused and work together as a unit for the first 20 minutes to get a good foothold in the tie. Brown (who will play regardless of our opinions) needs to put in a top drawer performance in midfield and rally those around him.

We are SO dangerous up front and will create chances.

I'd go:

Forster

Bauer
    Elhamed/Jozo
    Jullien
    Bolingoli

Forrest
    McGregor
    Brown
    Ntcham/Bitton
    Christie

Edouard/Bayo

4-5-1 with the option to switch into a 4-2-3-1.

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The other side of this double edged sword is if we bury them this weekend, they will implode. Couple that with Europa league hammerings and the wheels will be well off by the january break.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

PorchBhoy67 and Tommy25 like this.
  3. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Need to win this, especially after last seasons games over there. A real statement victory and performance please.

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't see why people are so negative about this. Rangers have struggled through a lot of matches this season, struggling 1 goal wins and draws. Bar the matches against Cluj and a 2nd team outing in the league Cup we have been deadly in front of goal,39 goals this season already. 12 different players scoring, would have been 13 if Hearts didn't campaign for Bayo to have none

5. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    hopefully big Kris is ok and can play but if not, I would go for:

Gordon​
    Bauer Elhamed Julien Bolingoli
    Brown​
    Forrest Ntcham McGregor Christi
    Edouard​

The way we played tonight with the closing them down makes me want to remove Ntcham for fear that he'll just go missing again. The flip side is that he could use this game to put himself in the shop window, finally. Simo is just a ticking time-bomb in these scenarios to be fair. Bayo should definitely get minutes.

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We're looking at possibly playing a back four where not one of them have played in a Celtic v huns game. That is a recipe for disaster, I genuinely have major doubts over our defence now that Ajer is out. Elhamed and Julien havent even played together in central defence let alone played in the atmosphere of a Celtic v huns game. Perhaps they will rise to the occasion but if they * it then it could get very messy.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

With no Ajer or Eddy, make no mistake this will be a very tough game. Luckily Bayo looks sharp. Is Jozo back?

8. ddub11

Lets be honest mate,
    Their where we are in EL,and their only behind us in the league on goal difference so for all our great performances and their poor ones theres * all between us and we are the ones withe all the money.

I think people are just not confidant because were playing in that * pit and after tonight and the punishment issues with them there will be a siege mentality with them and it will be hard to get a result come Sunday.

I really think this game on sunday is going to go a long way towards deciding how our season goes.If things go wrong Lenny will more than likely come under huge pressure,however should we get a result i believe it will give the lenny and the team a massive boost going forward.

9. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Eddy should make it.

Hope Elhamed is fit.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  10. joemc

Was thinking same thing,not the scoreline though , they are not great but they have a mental toughness noo,they are physical and continually throw early angle ball into the box to cauz panic ,leiga never panicked and coped well with this until the last minute.
    watching us tonight,we have goals but we are frail mentaly lack toughness and look like we could not hold a lead and will panic at early ball approach,not convinced by jullien yet a little off the pace and not tough enough ,players who can cope with ibrox physical battle ,broony Christie bitton edouard McGregor ,if these players can show up then it will allow forrest to play and and influence the game ,if not he will become lost in the battle ,we have to match their desire ,hope we have learned from the last 2 games here .

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Garrymac1888 likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wouldn't say there's fuckall between us..

They've got a pretty settled side. We've * about with our defence, that isn't an excuse....it's a fact..

Man for man in loads of positions they'd be desperate for our player's. That's the truth..

I fancy us Sunday. Have done all week..

If they do us Sunday. I don't think it matters much for the league. If we beat them at their own dump? It's a killer result for them after their feelgood factor and being at home against an unsettled kinda Celtic side..

Even a draw isn't the worst result and favours us with the two home game's still to come..

Genuinely no just saying it though....I fancy us to go and score a couple there at least and win..

Free the Adblock and Tommy25 like this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Best news I've heard all day.. looked like he did his hammy?

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    my team considering what I think them "gents" will do

Forster
    Elhamed simo jullien Hayes
    Forrest Ntcham McGregor johnson
    edoaurd bayo

Defensive .. keep the ball, strangle the * and bring on bring Christie on the hour, put the ball up with bayo and edoaurd and let them * play out if they can

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Eddy is fine, he only went off with cramp tonight.

Slaw and Tommy25 like this.
  15. ddub11

I really hope your rite,
    And i believe if we can play on the front foot and put them under pressure we can score.

I think its really down to how lenny gets them prepared,if he gets them fired up and in the rite frame of mind it could turn out to be a great game with us coming out the winners,im afraid to imagine how it will go if he gets it wrong.

16. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Hopefully

Forster

El Hamed
    Julien
    Ajer
    Boli Boli

Brown
    McGregor
    Christie

Forrest
    Eddy

Bayo

Can see Johnston in for Bayo though

Really hope Ajer an EL Hamed are fit

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Christie 100% starts..

No point even pretending he doesn't..

We've just won handsomely away at at fairly tough European side. If Legia played AIK for example....I imagine it'd be a pretty tight game..

It was so comfortable second half that it won't be taxing on the bodies I don't think..

Early kick off and back tonight. We should be in a lot better place tonight confidence wise..

Get a couple of bodies in now tomorrow and let's go there and take it to these diddy *'s. Put the foot back down on the necks..

PorchBhoy67, jude 67, Crilly and 2 others like this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Simunovic is supposedly fit for this as well..

Another body in a department we're short so needed here..

Dublin Celt likes this.
  19. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Don't think we should drop Johnston. He's been in flying form lately. Deserves his chance, if it's not working out then swap for ntcham.

20. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    we don't need to win.

we need to take something from the game and match them for fight / passion / desire / energy and heart

last two games there we have been well short and we all know it