1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SloBhoy, Oct 14, 2014.

Discuss Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    we dont really care what you say. we dont need moral authority from others., when they're far from perfect themselves. typical hypocrisy.

we know of our issues with hooligans.

Исто тако.

2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

I agree with MGM- the Albanian players reaction to the Serb player taking down the flag was way over the top. It was the trigger for all which followed, which I don't condone- but when a rivalry is like this, it only takes a little for things to get out of hand.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And that's my * point it's not only about a flag is it,this was done as a total noise up and no * likes getting noised up,not even Celtic fans so why try noise up your bitterest neighbours by flying a already controversial flag into a sporting arena,and you find all of this funny kind of sums up your brain matter if you ask me :rolleyes:

4. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    When you think what happened in Egypt so very recently, stuff like this is no laughing matter, and the book should be thrown at those who instigated this "laughter".

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    *Sigh* My brain matter is logical mate, as in I use logic not the caveman emotional part.

End of the day if you're immature enough to get raging at someone flying a flag of another country then you need to sort your life out tbh. I'm sure plenty rational Serbs were sitting at home laughing, as it was clearly a funny and ballsy prank.

Bullshit. So we Should pander to moronic monkeys instead of decent, competent citizens? Just because some idiots threw rocks at footballers just for playing for a different team doesn't mean we should ban football ffs. Or anything for that matter. So many people these days are offended at * all.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I'll ask you again would you find the Huns flying the red hand 6 counties one or the Union Flag over parkhead during a game against them a laughing matter

7. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Yes.

I would just laugh and go "weeeeeeeeeeeey" at them like I did all the other times they tried to "pure bam up the taigs".

All the last few OFs I went to when they brought out TBB we just all sung "HA HA, HA HA!" back at them - for me that sums up the difference between Celtic and Rangers back in the day more than anything.

8. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Who said anything about banning football?I think the * that set it off should be banned from football, and the Albanian players should also be punished.The whole subsequent escapade was a direct result of the over reaction of the Albanian players to the Serb player pulling it down.

Did you watch the video footage of the Egyptian riots? This isnt Rangers/Celtic....this is far worse mate.These countries were trying to slaughter each other not so long ago.
    Being "offended" doesnt come into it.....unless you are an Albanian player apparently.They were the only ones acting "offended"!

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    The countries once being at war is literally irrelevent, because the game was played in a football stadium not a field or battleground somewhere, hence why getting offended is stupid. Same with the Egyptian thing, no rational human should get that mad at the footy that he starts killing folk.

The Albanian players did nothing wrong, do you think they were controlling the drone ffs?!? They were obviously * themselves being massively outnumbered and unprotected, obviously they're a small, poor country and so highly patriotic hence they shat it when a Serb guy touched their flag.

Some guy obviously did it as a joke, many of the Serbs couldn't take it and went skitz, and the whole thing went to * - entirely the fault of the Serb fans and "police" and that's it.

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And if it resulted in crowd trouble would it still be a laughing matter,cause I'm pretty sure people have died due to old firm games for far less than flags,so what you find rather amusing may result in others losing their lives,these two have been at war for centuries or aren't you up on geopolitics like you are comedy

11. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Sorry, i dont get that."They shat it", so they started the skirmish?? which led to everything else?

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You are either trolling or * stupid I give in honestly

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    And my point earlier on was far more tims than huns died and were attacked after OFs, thus proving we can take a joke and act like rational humans more than them. Obviously some Celtic fans couldn't handle the pressure and some have attacked Rangers fans down the years, i'm not saying that's never happened, but the majority just went to the game, took the abuse and gave it back out, then went home. On the other hand you've got the likes of the "Belfast Bigot" who aren't mature or intelligent enough to let something minor slide and get their tiny brains all worked up.

And Serbia and Albania are not * at war you numpty, and haven't been for years so do your own research instead of trying to be snide with me :rolleyes:

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I said I give in Id be better feeding peanuts to a chimp,I'm out :50:

15. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    They didn't start a thing and you know it. The stadium was full to the rafters with Serb nutters desperate to start a rammy, the slightest little thing would have set them off and some prankster decided to give them that spark - however as an * you have the choice to allow yourself to be offended or not.
    They gave in to neanderthal tempations and rioted - as I said, 100% the Serbs' fault and * all to do with the Albanian players (they didn't make or fly the drone) who would have simply been desperate to get the * out of there and back home alive.

16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    what would have happened when the holy goalie ran across the pitch with a champions flag if the huns ran on and took it down ....

17. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Sound mate, you're the one who thinks Serbia and Albania are at war in 2014 :50:

Watch you don't see any union jacks tomorrow or you might lose the rag through no fault of your own and murder 6 people.

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I must have seen different footage to you.I seen the stupid but not terrible stunt of a drone with a flag on it holding up a game with a provocative flag on it.There was no riot, no brawl, nothing.......until the Albanian players took offence at it being dragged down and the initial brawl ensued.

Where have i gone wrong in this assessment?

19. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Considering that before the flag incident Serbian fans were chanting that they should kill all Albanians they might be offended, 2 Albanian Players overreacted when the flag was taken down but dont forget the abuse they were getting for the half hour leading up to it.

The guy who did the Drone stunt should be banned from Football Matches

UEFA has to Fire whichever Idiot thought it was ok to play either of the two matches between these too at anything other than a Neutral location

and the Serbian FA need to be punished for yet again for not providing a safe atmosphere for visiting fans and players, and for the racist chants and violence from their supporters.

And for letting this guy on the field as some sort of guest

[​IMG]

The Neo * who started a Football Riot in Italy and got that match abandoned while burning an Albanian Flag was on the field at this match.

20. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I don't know what you've seen and don't care but I was simply correcting you when you said it was all the Albanians fault. Those poor * were in the lions den being goaded from all sides, surrounded by hooligans and heavily armed police all of whom were against them - in the midst of all this they look up and see a Serbian player grab their flag which has randomly appeared above the pitch - what the * do you expect them to do?!? From what I saw they acted in self defence, then * legged in down the tunnel.

Now if the same happens in the return leg and the Serb fans/players get physically abused then it will be the Albanians fault and they will be the nutters, but for this I don't see how you can blame anyone except the Serbs who made the decision to lose the plot and act like 6 year olds who had their toy taken away by mummy.