1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SloBhoy, Oct 14, 2014.

Discuss Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Confusing part of the world.

2. Mr.Q

1. One Albanian player was booked. They played a pretty decent game. Had around 43% of possession, had 4 shots (2 of them on target, as opposed to Serbia's 0).

2. The Serbian authorities showed that they cannot or do not want to organize a proper match against Albania.

Ivan Bogdanov was present on the field tonight ffs! Not on the stands! On the * field! The same Bogdanov that caused riot in Italy a couple of years ago.

The stewards were involved in the fight.

Hooligans entered the pitch. The police (4,000 of them, mind you) did not take any measure to stop them.

Hard object were thrown into the pitch throughout the match.

3. Would you go out to play in a field where you've just been beaten by the stewards?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  3. dimitrissssss

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    i think albania didnt do very well put it that flag there...it wasn't just an albanian flag,it was the 'greater albanian' flag..which includes part of serbia,kosovo and north greece in red color like is all belong to albania...so of course serbians got angry...

4. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDs5mwNRY7U&sns=em"]Dron i zastava pa tuca na utakmici Srbija - Albanija - YouTube[/ame]

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It's a non violent act are you * serious it could have caused a riot,I am honestly surprised that there wasn't a pitch invasion and that no Albanian players or staff were harmed,this was inciting a riot yet you have the cheek to go on about acting in a civilised manner :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And quite rightly so

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So drones with non affiliated flags are part of football also now,yes there is a nasty side to football in that region but please don't paint over the fact that this was incitement

8. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    RigleyBhoy you have to admit mate if someone flew a tricolour over Ibrox or Windsor Park and they went nuts (which they would) it would be * hilarious, this is basically the same thing.

Serbs need to learn to take a joke, such angry people over there :56:

9. Mr.Q

Indeed. They have a major problem with hooligan culture. They've had several major incidents (with their national team, not including club fixtures) only in the lat few years:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukKFx_Yo1j4"]Ivan Bogdanov Italy-Serbia 12.10.2010 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiwkGinrsqY"]Serbia U21 - England U21 0:1 - Goal and Fight HD - YouTube[/ame]

I am not trying to blame anybody but we cannot paint both parties with the same brush. What I hope is for our Serbian neighbors to work on our their hooliganism problem and I want to see a Serbia-Albania game in the future played in a different atmosphere. I want these future games to have away support present. I want Albanians and Serbs to be able to go together to a pub to have a drink after a match regardless of the score. At the end of the day, sports is supposed to bring people and nations together and not create more divides.

10. Mr.Q

:50:
    +1

11. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Stupid Stunt but Serbian fans were doing far worse from the start of the match, game should have been played outside of the Balkans, and who cares of the flag showed Kosovo, 9 of the Albanian players are from Kosovo and Serb fans have been taunting other nations over the Balkan wars for years, I guess they can't take it but they can dish it out.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No it would be * stupid,so I'll change it around a little if the Huns flew a drone into Parkhead with a union flag on it and caused a riot you would find it funny

13. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    so ?

If we were playing in Tirana the albanian fans would be singing the same thing.

we don't need anyone telling us the 'difficulties' we have with our hooligan culture thanks.

:celt_2:

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That's my whole point it's a stupid * stunt,why stir up more trouble in a heavily politicised game as it is,I have already agreed the Serbs need to sort * out with their hooligans and far right stuff,but this isn't the point here this drone could have got the Albanian team * killed IMO sheer lunacy

15. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

What about a "You killed your your own fans" flag over Anfield, * hilarious

16. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Go and take your Man u liverpool pish elsewhere

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Jesus * talk about a nuclear bomb reply,but I get your point these two countries have basically been at war for centuries

18. Mr.Q

Well my point is that a joke (regardless if you like/get it) should not get ppl killed period.

19. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Yes, and the Scousers would be going mental and rightly so, no excuse for those antics tonight

20. 7-1

Wasn't this game shown on sky? I want to see English commentary to this :-D