1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sead Haksabanovic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 24, 2022.

Discuss Sead Haksabanovic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mince.Charming

You're probably right about moving him on tbh.

If he's not been tried in that role the past 3 games then he never will,

Jota seems to have lost a yard of pace too, I remember against Betis away last year I thought he was rapid.

Our technical wingers aren't quick and are quick wingers can hardly control the * ball ha ha.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Maestro 08

Quite common for slower players to have to concentrate more on technique and skills in order to get ahead whereas quicker more athletic players don't feel the need to as much.

Finding players that combine the two can be hard to come by and usually cost a pretty penny.

3. Lewis Kerr

Painfully slow, it's like watching Charlie Mulgrew on the wing. Has some technical ability but its nowhere near good enough to compensate for his lack of pace and general powder-puffness.

He's been in the cold for much of this season and obviously lacks match sharpness. That's what I'm clinging onto at the moment because I did kind of like the look of him when he first came in.

But the more I see I just don't think he's good enough to play for us really.

4. Mince.Charming

Aye most of our players will have some sort of weakness in ability or they wouldn't be here.

NakamuraTastic and Maestro 08 like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sead, who came off the other night, is not as bad as we thought. He will miss Saturday but we think he has a good chance for the cup final which is good for him and good for the group.”

6. horseshoe

I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold in the summer, even though it's just been a year, he obviously wanted out of russia and we picked him up for a cut price because of that, move him on for a solid profit and bring in someone with a bit more energy to suit our system. If he's still here next season it has to be playing central behind the striker, he's never going to have the legs our wingers need.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Lecs

I like the guy, but he strikes me as a luxury player.

To be fair, he hasn't had a run of starts, and I would like to see him in a 10 style role, but as a left or right winger, I don't see him cutting the mustard here.

greengrocer likes this.
  9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Might not have under ange but who knows next season.

10. gary88

He might suit a different system well find out if our next manager likes him after a pre season id imagine

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. ML6

Was on a good run of form before world cup but the game at hearts he started i seem to recall him being utterly woeful and his end product has been pretty pish aswell missing alot of chances.

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Thats the * annoying thing about it. I dont want a different system!!! I like the system we have!!

I dont want a new manager to come in and change it all and have us playing differently. But thats guaranteed to happen cause a new manager will have his own ideas and will not want to be judged on Ange's system and Ange's players.

Its scary when this happens cause you just dont know whats coming and what the future holds. You dont know if the board are gonna go all out and fund a major top name manager coming in.....or take an easy and cheap option.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  13. gary88

I like anges system too but if new manager wants to implement their style we just have to respect it and cross our fingers and hope its an attractive, winning style of football. You're right on the board I have the fear they will go for an easy cheap option really hoping not though

14. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Im being nostalgic already!!!! our whole playing system is gonna change no matter who comes in. And I dont think there's ever been a time before in my time as a bhoy that I'll have been so regretful that our style of play had to change.

The whole thing....the flamboyance, the work rate, the spirit of the team. It was * awesome. I also think it would be only Ange that could have got a team playing in that specific style. Another manager cant just come in and take over in the exact same way. Its gonna change and we're on tender hooks here waiting for someone to be announced..................its like the cliffhanger bit at the end of every old 60s batman episode...

MagicBallBhoy, gary88 and Skelleto like this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Think he's quality, certainly a big player for us in next year or two.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I think Rodgers absolutely sky rockets Haksa’s career now.

Potential POTY.

17. EddieBhoy1986

Rogic offered us more and had more talent than Haksa. He also wasn't as slow as his long limbs made him look especially with the ball at his feet and was a strong bloke who could shrug other players off pretty essily. Not a comparison I would make myself.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Rogic was extremely slow. To the point if he did have an extra yard of pace, with his ability, he could have played for any side he wanted.

Haksa is much quicker.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  19. EddieBhoy1986

With less skill, less intelligence and somehow less stamina. He deserves pre season with Rodgers to see what can be done but wouldn't be sad to see him moved on if Rodgers deems it so.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Less skill and intelligence I’ll give you, less stamina is an impossible one to quantify until there’s a decent sample size I.e. he gets a run of half a dozen games minimum.

The ironic thing in your point is, Rodgers will actually want a proper look at Haksa in pre-season.