1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If we keep the Eddie/Griff combo up front and the diamond in midfield we will cause them big problems as it allows us to utilise McGregor in the right way.

Hopefully we can push our game onto them and it will protect the defence if we are in possession and going forward more.

Mickmac likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They have Jack and Arfield out, so our midfield diamond that @JC Anton posted above should be able to get joy against their midfield 3 of Davis, Kamara and Aribo.

If we go in with the same intensity and effort as today then we will score goals. We need Griff and Eddie to be more clinical than they have been showing today/of late.

The team owes us a big performance for this.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Absolutely agree. Just as it was easier for them to play on an empty CP, an empty Ibrox will make it easier for us.

Tactically, and roster-wise, I want Christie out, and any of the following 3 is fine: Elyounoussi, Rogić, Brown. Biggest benefit is Griffiths might be allowed to take a corner. As much as he would be dangerous inside the box, he's our best left footed set piece taker. Also, Christie has been playing non-stop for months, and he's having bad games often.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ajer at RB, could be the curve ball.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think Frimpong's performance today and Julien's possible injury means it's unlikely he moves Ajer out right again.

The Dude, NomDePlum and JC Anton like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Love Frimpong going forward but defensively he can be quite poor, deserves his place tho and you're right Ajer is probably needed on the middle.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, he needs to stay switched on. A few times against them he's been positionally poor and it's led to chances.

Hopefully.Saturday he pieces it all together in a complete performance as most of their danger is coming from wide.

Ajer is another that owes us a big performance v them, too often he's been bullied.

JC Anton likes this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

Massively confident about this game more so than any other time weve visited Ibrox! Ive just got that feeling where going to win this one and the season will look brighter than it did just a few weeks ago. This is he biggest game i can remember since Seville. Lenny will have the players fired up for this one and just hope to * he uses the same team as he did today. I think its going to be 2-1 or even 3-2 to us on Sat. Cant * wait for this and to be honest, im actually getting mild butterflies in my stomach anytime i think about it. Nervous and excited but just cant wait to get it over with. few pints watching this one rather than sitting in the house and a win to stat the new year off in a good one.

kramer1 likes this.
  9. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    * the Huns
    * White Lives Matter
    * Tommy Robinson
    * the poppy
    * the queen
    * UKIP
    * Boris
    * the orange order
    * statue * nonces
    * the empire

2-0 to the good guys

IRA

mayo, Heb Celt, kinglenny and 6 others like this.
  10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Barkas
    Ajer Jullien Bitton Laxalt
    Turnbull Soro CalMac
    Rogic
    Eddy Griffiths
    If Jullien is out then Frimpong RB, Bitton & Ajer CB (feel bad for big Duffy but just don't trust the guy in a game of this magnitude)

2-1 to the Hoops, Eddy & Turnbull.

They won't go through their entire league campaign unbeaten, that's a once in a century event & we already did it 4 years ago, this will be their first league defeat of the season, time for retribution.

Smithy likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The most important game of the season by a country mile.

They are there to be got at and we’ve got some momentum behind us now. There’s absolutely no reason whatsoever we can’t beat them and we should be beating them.

12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If we can keep a clean sheet we will do yh business.. that should be the priority .. we will hurt them

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. Lewis Kerr

Our most important game for a few years.

We shouldn't be in this position but it is what it is. Nothing other than a good win and 3 points in the bag is acceptable.

A slim chance at some redemption for Lennon. Lose or draw and the league is 100% over. It might be already, but we NEED to show up for this one.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. No just starting but limits them from off the bench as well..

Jack and Arfield aren't their best player's but they offer a lot in term's of leg's for them and pressing..

I've no doubt we'll cause them so many problem's when we're going forward, be it aggressively or on the counter..

Turnbull being unflustered on the ball and being able to turn out of trouble and deliver the telling pass....will be massive for us..

Soro as well plugging gaps, passing positively and having the pace to get about and let our defence sit 10/15 yards further up the park..

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

Although I'd preferably like Ajer as right back as well as @JC Anton

He has shown that he can boss the whole right side on his own and gives us that bit more height and physicality next to the centre halves..

I would've played Ajer centre half today anyway to keep him fresh for right back on Saturday as I remember him saying how cramped up/fatigued he was after Hampden the other week..

I do think he'll be centre back now though as you say, even if Jullien makes it. I can't see Duffy or Bitton playing unless Jullien is out..

JC Anton likes this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, Bitton has looked shaky recently too, could have easily give away a pen today and Duffy isn't an option for this one.

So if Jullien makes it, it will be him and Ajer..

Elhamed may have played his last game for us, unfortunately.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be amazed if we turn this title race back around, I'd be even more amazed if we do it without winning this game...

Get the zombie * skelped! :lenny1:

18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope Broony doesnt get picked.
    Every hun match against us is a must win match otherwise 10IAR is not going to happen

19. john2061

Can't see Lennon playing the diamond as the zombie full backs have a clear run at our defence .
    I bet he will drop Griffiths and play brown with soro in the middle .

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm not confident about winning, I still think we concede too easily. They will be difficult to break down when they're defending, as they go into a really obvious and compact 433 shape when doing so. We need to be creative, clinical and possibly have a bit of luck when attacking. I hope we manage to test them early, if not score early.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Smithy and KRS-1888 like this.