1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

In October I was literally embarrassed by the fact WE didn't register a single shot on target in 90 mins at home againt them.

Today, they have won a game they 100% didn't deserve too, thanks to a * hun loving ref, and THEY didn't register a single shot on target at their own midden.

Gutted and embarrassed beyond belief.

2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Agreed.

The simple fact that we weren't dominated, as we have been, in several previous outings should not lead us to conclude that this was some kind of hammering.

We were the better side, we were in control, but we didn't do enough in the final third.

I do think going forward, Forrest would be a much more natural threat on the right of the diamond.

3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don't think we're going to agree on much which is fair enough. I don't buy into the thinking that we need to spend a fortune on a manager. I think someone with a decent track record until now and is worth giving them their chance is as likely to be successful as spending a fortune on a big name. I get the impression you won't agree.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The board won’t even spend on someone with a track record either.

The only time they spent money was Rodgers and look how that turned out in the end with them penny pinching with McGinn.

Rodgers needed to prove himself once again and we got him in, so if you are saying someone in that mould then I will agree.

No big name will come to us, I’ve not once suggested that or we spend a fortune on someone either, what I have been saying is the board will go for someone like Ronny or Kennedy and got for someone cheap.

5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Rodgers was a big name who'd managed Liverpool and did cost us a fortune (for a manager). I wouldn't have a problem with a decent track record at smaller clubs who could prove to be a success with us.

6. bhoy81

Rodgers needed to prove himself, no one wanted to offer him a job after what happened at Liverpool.

What he brought to the club was a breath of fresh air and we need that once again.

So you want another Ronny who had a decent record at a smaller club? Makes no sense.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We played at an intensity in the first half that was a breath of fresh air but unsustainable. The failure to score was what done us not bitton and not mcgregor

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. ddub11

Forget about blaming refs,time we took responsibility for our own failures.

9. DonnyCelt

100% agree, we are to blame for this mess. Point was made merely about two games against them.

ddub11 likes this.
  10. truedub1916

Absolutely spot on! We are not a fit team
    And that leads to mistakes. All comes from unprofessionalism. There’s no way we are as fit as when Rodgers was in charge

MagicBallBhoy and Garrymac1888 like this.
  11. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just cos Ronny wasn't great doesn't mean no-one from that background would succeed. He also came from the Norwegian league which isn't even as good as the SPL. But I think we can end the discussion here cos we just disagree and as I said before that's fair enough.

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

We were the better team no doubt but we weren’t brilliant. Sky and the media were making out that McGregor was amazing and their goal was getting peppered. Great save from Griffs effort but that was about it.

We will be fed how great we were for a while now to keep us on side. Only chance we have is the Zombies * collapsing and them losing a couple of games in January. Which is very unlikely.

richardm likes this.
  13. bhoy81

You are going back and forward here! So not ok for someone at a small club in a league that’s not as good as ours
    But other leagues are ok? Mom tae * make up yer mind!!!!

Aye we are not going to agree cause your points are not valid at all.

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ...but many find that much easier than facing up to a grim reality we have come into a 10 in a row season looking so dysfunctional, looking all over the place and defensively very questionable indeed and in Duffy's case bombscare signings and with a manager who sadly has been delusional and looked lost amongst abackroom staff who've looked uninspired and bored,bung in Bollingoli, one of the worst Euro campaigns in our history and that's why folk were at Parkhead a few weeks ago going pure potty in frustration at a sinking ship, the last few weeks have been better and today indeed we played very well but the damage was long done and the usual excuses about refs etc dont cut it regarding the overall position we find ourselves in the league and as a club in general.

Ending on a positive I'd give Turnbull, Soro and a few more young ones a free reign now as there is some great talent we have coming through, i.just hope Lawwell employs the right man to come in and steer the team back on course to domination again

QUOTETE="ddub11, post: 6817171, member: 40033"]Forget about blaming refs,time we took responsibility for our own failures.[/QUOTE]

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  15. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think it's even less likely with a defence like that we can even dream about putting a long run of wins together, never mind what they do.

Big Jullien being long term injured is maybe the final straw on what's been a season to forget, not sure if I'm happy or sad its cost me over 500 notes not to see all this in reality

16. WhitleyCelt

Spot on.

After the last hun game - I lost faith in Lennon. 6 shots on target in 3 hun matches, one game we had 5. So that was one shot on target in two hun games.

Had it been anyone else they’d have been out on their * but because it’s Lennon, I’m 95% sure him and Kennedy remain in position for sentimental reasons and not based on talent.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Wouldn't dispute that we can't bounce back ext season but its going to be a massive rebuild. One look at the deadwood filling the bench today confirms that the squad is full of dross.

I would actually say today highlights that we dont have the better squad, not the other way around. We didn't actually play particularly well, we pressed reasonably well but everything else was appalling. They were there for the taking and our shower of shitebags couldn't take advantage.

We had 3 good performances today IMO, ajer, mcgregor and Griffiths. The rest were decidedly average at best.

18. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They couldn't even get a shot on target, they couldn't even score a goal , we were the better team end of story, we had already fuked up the season ,, it was great to see the way the team played today, their goalie made some great saves , we could have had 2 or 3 goals it wasn't to be. So we didn't get our 10 in a row , we have two 9 in a row, quadruple treble, the big cup, 2 European cup finals. They will never equal us , to equal us it will take over two hundred years bcos they are a new club and they have not even been in existence for a decade.
    We couldn't keep winning for ever , it would have been nice , but it wasn't to be.

We are into a new decade , so lets try for the ten this decade.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  19. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ronny could have been good. I think when he came we were all quite intrigued to see what he could do but he turned out not as good as we'd hoped. I just wouldn't write off all youngish managers with some success at smaller clubs just because he wasn't the answer. We'd need to interview, look at their record etc. I just don't think we have to go out and get a big name to get a good manager. I've had this discussion on here before. I think I'm probably in the minority but I'll support whoever we get and see what they can do. It sounds to me that if some fans don't get the big name they crave then they'll throw the toys out the pram before he's even started.

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

He's not a brave manager let's fear make the decisions for him which causes team and players to lose morale.
    We excelled under Rodgers cause he was brave and instilled faith

Peej likes this.