1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scottish & Irish girl arrested in Peru for cocaine smuggling.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CapArm, Aug 13, 2013.

Discuss Scottish & Irish girl arrested in Peru for cocaine smuggling. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Armagh-Bhoy

I dont think anybody on this forum said 25 years was fair.
    3 years IMO would be the punishment that fits the crime.

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Or Thailand ? Well as I keep saying, assuming they are guilty, If they are "smart" enough to have thought they could get away with it then They must have weighed up the risks and decided what country to have done it in, so I assume Peru does not have the death penalty ? As Floyd has said, although 25 yrs is harsh if that is the "going rate" for the crime in Peru, then it is upto the Judge in Peru to decide. Or are people going to condemn a country for enforcing the laws they have in place ? I have no doubt however that the outcry will result in them being moved or treated leniently.
    As has been said the story keeps being changed - we didn't know , we did know , it will have been planted on them next.
    As I have already said if the "forced to do it" is true then that will come out at the trial and be reflected in the sentence.

3. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would say a few nights spent with me would be better punishment :smiley-laughing002:

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

You can have the Scottish one, I'll take the Irish one!

5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    According to the news tonight sentence would probably be 8 years if found guilty and 2 years if they pleaded guilty.

6. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Sorry I don't like to stick to the same thing if something else is on offer got to have a variety so I'll offer you the sloppy seconds of both instead :smiley-laughing002:

7. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    reading about this in todays paper. and the Scottish lassie said she lost her pals and hooked up with this cockney and he forced her into the drug run blah blah and he took her passport and mobile. and she was flown from Ibiza to Majorca ??
    now if she was forced to fly from Ibiza to Majorca, did the guy hold a gun to her head all the way through check-in and customs ??
    why not say to the 1st copper, this * is kidnapping me
    how did he get her passport ??
    he would have to go to her apartment to pick it up, along with her clothes ??
    wouldn't her friends have said something about that ??
    doesn't sit right with me.

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

You don't think its possible?

I'm sure you can get a ferry to Ibiza to Majorca so wouldn't need a passport.

edit: think I may have read the passport bit wrong :smiley-laughing002:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

NO! :38:

Ok.... deal. :52:

10. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The statement in bold is rather fleeting. I will condemn all the death penalty states as I am not for the death penalty(mainly due to miscarriages of justice). I would also condemn Morocco where the law states that 1st drug conviction is amputation of arms and legs with life imprisonment. 2nd conviction (I do not know how this is possible with no arms or legs and being incarcerated) is the death penalty.

I have not stated anywhere that these girls are innocent or if they are found guilty they should not be punished. My opinion is that 25years in a foreign jail is too severe for the crime committed and the laws of no country hold sway over my opinion.

11. Armagh-Bhoy

Thats just what i was thinking :smiley-laughing002:

12. liam123cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  13. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  14. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Heard that there were photos of their family members shown to them and told their family members would be killed if they * about also they were flown to peru separately so much info and misinfo about this no1 can say for certain what has happened except the girls and if their version is true the perpetrators against them also. The simple fact does remain however they did try and smuggle drugs into Peru which they do deserved to be punished for no matter what the circumstances. The degree of punishment should however reflect the circumstances and motives for the smuggling of the drugs whenever this us found out

15. iando

Are you for real ? Why should my tax go to pay for them over here ? Why should they get priority over many others who have been caught and have to spend there sentences in * holes in 3rd world country's ? They will feel sorry now but how sorry do you think they would have been living it up in Ibiza with the money they would have made of it ?

They claimed they didn't know each other aswell then it turns out there's pics of them together on Facebook.

If it was me and my mate who happened to do this is being from council estates we would get called scum by the papers and drug dealers etc.

But the Scottish lass mum an dad are loaded stay in a big house and now it seems aww the poor girls.

They should get no special treatment from either the Peru courts or from out side.

16. Armagh-Bhoy

I am not singling out these two for special treatment, and i do indeed think they are guilty.
    However anyone who commits a crime in a forign country who is not a citizen or living there should do their punishment in their own country.

Think about it, how would you ever visit them in a country that far away if you where family?
    It would be impossible for alot of people.
    And i have experience in this as a family member did 12 years in a country just as far away.

17. iando

They weren't thinking if there family while they were doing it were they ? Jails over here are hardly jails. It would probably make more people take the risk knowing that if they do get caught at least they won't end up in some * hole of a jail. Ffs our government paid money to cons over here as they had to share toilets slipping out.

They would have well known the consequences of getting caught and now they will see what they are.

Keep them over there and maybe it's good the spot lights on them as itl show just what happens when you get caught and maybe put some others off the idea.

We all done stupid things at there she but come on ffs not one of us thought aye * it lets go to Peru and smuggle cocaine lol

18. Armagh-Bhoy

I taught that too (about jails), until i was put straight by a couple of members on here a while back. While they are certainly alot better than what you find in places like Peru, they are not what is made out to be.

I see where you are coming from, but i dont think this wil detour the next person, possibly even at this minute boarding a plane to go to Peru to smuggle drugs. People inject heroin, people speed, people drive drunk even though they know the consequences if caught.

19. Celtic abu

Hope they get released

20. SpellCheck92

What ? Read what I said again. Watch the video. Melissa Reid is the Scottish one. When she tells the Chilean women who she is the Irish women smirks.