1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scottish Cup Huns away Sunday 18 April 3pm Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Apr 4, 2021.

Discuss Scottish Cup Huns away Sunday 18 April 3pm Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Plenty chances again but just like the previous two games against them we just aren't clinical enough. It has been the same story all season. Then when we are asked to defend we are a disgrace. Kenny and Laxalt were embarrassing. Laxalt should have been hooked after half an hour, why wait until half time to take him off. Jonjoe Kenny is right up there with some of the worst full backs we have had, utter garbage. Edouard was abysmal, playing like he couldn't give two *. Why was he allowed to pull rank over Turnbull for the free kick? It was inevitable he was missing the penalty, reminded of when Samaras missed the penalty at the same end. He was shocking that day as well and should never have been allowed to take it.

If this board think fans are going to part with their cash before we sort out the manager situation, they have another thing coming. This season has been a complete shitshow from the start, and the people running our club have treated us with contempt. The overhaul required for next season is massive, and we still don't have the manager sorted, we are a joke of a club. All this comes from taking a massive backwards step by appointing Lennon after Rodgers left. That was criminal, and the chickens have come home to roost now. We need gutted from top to bottom. Lawwell leaving was a good start, it was him appointing Lennon that started this downward spiral. Get Kennedy and Strachan out the door as well and let the new manager bring in who he wants. We have let they * embarrass us this season, and they are *. We have made them look like superstars. We put no pressure on them and they have been playing with freedom because of it. Handed them the title and now the Scottish Cup as well it would seem.

2. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Watchihg CIA * it you spineless
    Awe for * sake * off ya *

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :39:

Put down the wine you!

bagforlife likes this.
  4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes and no. We had plenty of chances to win the game but just were dreadful in front of goal. Whereas they really did not have to do that much themselves to get their noses in front. Not that much different then the past couple of games really.

AdamRS likes this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Sadly your right Laxalt was dreadful and well Kenny scoring their second says it all after his massive error in the previous games as well. No way either should play the rest of the season. They are loan deals so no point in them playing anymore. Taylor should play the remaining 5 games at left back and whether Ralston or if we have someone else in the academy worth looking at at right back they should play the remaining games.

NomDePlum likes this.
  6. greenockbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    To me it genuinely looks like the players don't believe they can beat this hun team, whole club needs gutting, we need to make a big statement with regards to the next manager and get all the fans onside and the club going in the right direction again, praying for good news tomorrow regarding mckay coming in

Jmac402 likes this.
  7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I agree that he’s been a bit disappointing this season, but, at the same time, he still has scored a lot of important goals, and we would, believe it or not, have been in an even bigger mess had he not been here this season. He comes under more scrutiny because he is Celtic’s most expensive signing ever, but most of all the other players have been below par this season, for whatever reason. I don’t buy the idea that he downed tools or that he downed tools because his move to a bigger club never materialised; as far as I’m aware, no club has ever approached Celtic with a view to buying him — just rumours that Leicester, Arsenal and Villa were ‘interested’ in him. It wouldn’t actually surprise me if Eddy is still here next season. He still has, imo, a little bit to prove in regards to wether or not he actually warrants a move to a bigger club (even though, like I said, he saved us a few times when he wasn’t at his best and was a shining light during an otherwise deplorable season). I think 2021/22 will be a pivotal season for him, especially if he wants his big move away. He never done himself any favours this season with his generally mediocre performances, so I can see him potentially signing a contract extending him here for another year (to the summer of 2023). New manager in and him having to play out of his skin so as to get his ‘big move’ = win win situation for all concerned.

ddub11 likes this.
  8. SteveyNico67

Bottom line: our most expensive signing ever, if he fancies a move, lights that game up yesterday. Instead: he gave the ball away all game, putting pressure on the team. He missed from 4 yards then a dead ball 12.

Sell him to the nearest bidder. Today.

Along with:

- Bain
    - Ajer
    - Christie
    - rogic
    - Ajeti

... and then I’ll pay attention again.

End loan signing culture, it’s time to move on.

That game encapsulated the entire season. An average hun side against a * show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theweeman likes this.
  9. murphy88

Blootered?

bagforlife likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:56:

Yaaassss haha

bagforlife likes this.
  11. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Aye :52: dreading the thought of what I've posted murphy, was just so thinking we would win that the disappointment overwhelmed me :54:

Rydo1888* and murphy88 like this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

As long as you said your prayers you’ll be fine :giggle1:

bagforlife likes this.
  13. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Sean I'm mortified :56:was pished and raging cause I was certain we were going to win :52: fucken Chardonnay has a lot to answer for

Sean Daleer and Garrymac1888 like this.
  14. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Always :98:

Rydo1888* and Sean Daleer like this.
  15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56:

The scroll of shame.

My phone should have a breathalyser and instant lock if I've been drinking.

I'm sure you were impeccable as always :50:

16. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks Garry that's kind of you to say :50:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Just thinking there, have we not beat the huns since the cup final where frimpong got sent off and big forster basically won it for us?

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep

Screenshot_20210419_093736.jpg

AdamRS likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Beat us 4 out of 6
    They're 8 goals to our 3
    Only lost to us once in what was a pretty flukey win

No good reading..

Even when they're no playing well and we're looking the better team.....they have the belief. We don't have any..

Marty McFly likes this.
  20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    * pathetic, I can’t wait till the summer clear out.

Marty McFly likes this.