1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Robertson

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 12, 2019.

Discuss Scott Robertson in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Really like this lad and think his career has been mismanaged by the club.

Can see him turning into a cracking player if he gets the chance here.

I honestly don’t see him getting his chance. Would love to see him get a chance, especially if Turnbull doesn’t push on in the rest of the season.

martin_d likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Very talented. Think he could be playing in our top flight now for someone..

Is he doing that well though overall down here?

Noticed he's been sub a few time's when checking flashscore..

3. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Been following Crewe on the social, see what their fans have been saying, all praise but they've hit a bad patch in form. Conceded 8 in last 2 games.. Seen a few defeats where they say only 'Robbo' deserves praise..

Thing the TEAM isn't that good though, relegation battle!

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Need to make sure his next loan is a good one, 21 in the summer so he needs to start properly developing.

He was somebody I rated very highly previously, was certain he'd make it in our first team.

martin_d likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2022/march/robbo-back-to-celtic/

On-loan midfielder Scott Robertson has returned to Glasgow Celtic to undergo his rehabilitation following injury.

The 20 year-old has undergone a successful operation but has been ruled out for the remainder of the season. Robertson had a successful start to his Crewe career, but injury and suspension has halted his progress over the last few months.

He suffered a three-game suspension for a stamping incident away at Bolton Wanderers and was sent-off after coming on as a substitute against Rotherham at the Mornflake Stadium in January. His last appearance came in the disappointing 4-1 defeat at Accrington Stanley.

In all the tenacious ‘Robbo’ made 23 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring two goals against Cambridge in the league and Rotherham in the Football League Trophy.

Everyone wishes Scott well with his recovery and thank him for his services.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Moore likes this.
  9. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    He was doing so well up until the 3 match suspension then the Injury that come after..

Hopefully get him back fully fit, still think another Loan for him would be next step, cant see him in our current team!

10. JamesM09

*, thought he looked like a cracking player. Hopefully he can get fit and a good loan next year. A candidate for the McGregor route IMO.

martin_d likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Robertson admits the power of positive thinking can help cement his place as a Celtic regular.

And it helps having Anthony Ralston as his source of inspiration

The 20-year-old Hoops midfielder believes the reversal of fortunes for one of his best mates is reason to believe he can follow his lead and enjoy a first-team breakthrough

Robertson spent a spell on loan down in England last season

Previously, Ralston had loan stints at Dundee United and St Johnstone to cut his teeth in the Premiership.

He’s now established with both club and country and Robertson has watched his pal’s meteoric rise with admiration.

Now returning from a spell at Crewe which was cut short by injury, the playmaker insists it’s his time to show boss Ange Postecoglou he can hold his own with the champions.

Robertson said: “Confidence is something I have never lacked. I believe in myself and that I’m good enough to play for Celtic.

“If I didn’t then I wouldn’t be here

You always need to back yourself as nobody is going to make things easy. You need to prove yourself and earn your way into a club of this stature – that’s my aim

You see how well Ants has done this season. I look at what he has achieved and it’s a path which I’m aiming to replicate.

“It has been well documented that he probably thought his time was up at Celtic but he grabbed his opportunity and turned everything around. It shows what you can do if you adopt that mindset.

“He’s had this never-say-die attitude and that was rewarded with a new contract.

“Ant has been terrific with me, not only is he someone I’m close to but he’s shown this season what can happen at Celtic if you have the belief that you can be a regular starter in the first team. That should inspire all the young players at Celtic.”

Callum McGregor, David Turnbull, Reo Hatate, Matt O’Riley, Yosuke Ideguchi, James McCarthy and Ismaila Soro are just some of the contenders for a midfield spot.

But highly-rated Robertson is already plotting his own path after getting the all-clear to step up his recovery from a knee injury

He said: “It was an issue with my cartilage that brought my season to a halt at Crewe.

“When they had a closer look I also required some tidying-up work.

“I had the operation back in March then I was down in London last week just to get a review and to make sure I could step up rehab work.

“All of the feedback I’ve had has been positive so it’s all about looking forward now.

“I had a couple of weeks off last month so I was able to get away with my pals and now I’ve completed the first full week and it’ll be all systems go from now until the start of pre-season so I’m in the best shape possible.

“The manager has been brilliant with me. When I returned to Lennoxtown after the surgery he was talking with me.

“Every step of the way he’s been checking in to make sure everything is going OK.

“He hasn’t really spoken much about football, it’s been all about my recovery, and that’s been great to hear as it’s encouraging going into the new season.

“With Nir Bitton and Tom Rogic leaving it has freed up a few spaces but everyone knows how well served Celtic are in midfield.

“We have strong depth in that area and no doubt other players will arrive.

“But that competition is something every Celtic player has to deal with.

“There are only so many starting positions available and it’s up to me to stake my own claim when we get back into training for the new campaign.

“It’s a challenge I’ll relish.”

It’s going to be a make-or-break season for Robertson as he goes into the last year of his contract and he’s adamant his time down south will serve him well.

As well as Crewe, Robertson has spent time on loan at Doncaster and Gillingham as part of his development.

It’s been a massive positive. That’s one reason I wanted to go on loan down south rather than moving to a club in Scotland.

“There’s an argument to be made that League One standard in England is right up there with most clubs in the Scottish Premiership and I firmly believe that.

“There are some big teams and some terrific players at that level.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    martin_d likes this.
  12. DonnyCelt

Give him game time in pre season, and if he is to be loaned out again, send him to Scottish Premiership team.

Rydo1888*, JML67 and martin_d like this.
  13. PaddyJamieson

I like this lad a lot. Probably won't quite be up to making an impact but if he has a good pre-season you never know.

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good attitude on him. Hope he's able to make a bit of progress next season and earn a new deal.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agree with that. Has to be an SPFL side now. He's done 2 or 3 league 1 club's in England..

Has all the talent and a cultured left peg. 6 foot 1 and mobile. Maybe a loan to a Dundee United or something..

Would be a first team starter for a whole host of top flight club's. Motherwell, Ross County and anyone from the bottom 6 as well..

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

A very tidy midfielder, like has been said a good loan to an premier league team would do him a world of good and get to see first hand how he does at this level.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Comes across really well in that interview. Hopefully he's fit for preseason.

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I still think he can make it here, albeit he'll be taking the long route, similar to Christie/McGregor/Ralston etc.

Very talented player who was stunted by a poor loan to Doncaster and a bad injury at Crewe. As others have said, his next loan needs to be at an SPFL side, preferably an Aberdeen or Hibs.

Think Dundee United would be the perfect move for him. They need a replacement for Levitt and Courts is a good manager, would progress well there.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Anytime I’ve seen him I’ve been very impressed. 60 odd games at a lower level under his belt, a stint in the SPFL and another 40 odd games, returns to us next year just turning 22 with proper football under his belt and ready to challenge for a place.

That’s the way I want us to deal with a lot of the youth players, get them to 100 odd games under their belts at a proper level by the age of 21/22

Graeme1888 and McChiellini.. like this.
  20. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I liked the look of him from his debut, hopefully as others have said he can get a loan out to an Aberdeen or Dundee Utd or someone to get a proper look at him week in week out.