1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Harrison

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by pablo88, Mar 22, 2012.

Discuss Scott Harrison in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  2. nfg3001

Don't know what demons this lad is fighting but he needs to get himself sorted. He could have had a very good career. I know for a fact my pal Rendall Munroe was prepared to step up to featherweight to fight him and now he has * a great opportunity up the wall

3. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Wasted talent and until gets his life under control he'll continually self destruct I'm sorry to say.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

I seen him a few weeks back infact i used to see him most mornings out running was supposed to be going to his fight

5. Brammer

Total waster, no sympathy for him.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    This.

7. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Yes he has had plenty chance's yes he's pished more up against the wall than most of us will earn in a lifetime but alcoholism is an illness

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I know a guy who knows with him and their wives work together and he said to me about 10 days or so hes went off the rails again and that he will never box again.

9. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Seems to be making an effort I really hopes he keeps it together, HThere has been a couple of stories in the scottish hun

TROUBLED boxing champ Scott Harrison last night revealed he’s on the comeback trail AGAIN — and vowed: “I’m going to be back with a bang.”

[​IMG] 3 comments

The shamed fighter opened his heart for the first time on the push to get his world title-winning career back on track, and banish the demons that threatened to wreck his dream.
    Hard-hitting Harrison has lined himself up with his first bout in SEVEN YEARS in front of his home fans at the Kelvin Hall, Glasgow, in June.
    And he proved he’s got the stomach for the challenge — by even enlisting the help of his toddler son Jack as he works out in the gym.
    The two-time world featherweight champ — who’s been training hard with dad Peter — said: “The switch has flipped. I’m training three times a day and looking forward to this fight.
    “I have been out the ring for seven years and I want to let my fans know that Scott Harrison is going to be back — with a bang.
    “I believe I could be fighting for the world title as early as December.”
    He revealed he’s been aided in his comeback bid by little Jack, three, and his loyal fiancée Stacey Gardner, 29.
    The boxing ace said: “It’s really funny because when I come back from running, I like to do some sit-ups and the wee man will do sit-ups with me.”

[​IMG] Pull no punches . . . focused Harrison puts in the work

It’s the second time controversial Harrison, from Cambuslang, near Glasgow, has pulled himself back from the brink following his release from a Spanish jail in September.
    He vowed to stay clean after serving 30 months in a grim jail on the Costa del Sol for attacking two men including a cop near Malaga in 2006.
    But just six months later the dad-of-three was in trouble again — this time for a boozed-up rammy at a Tesco store near his home. He was nabbed by cops for allegedly stealing food from the supermarket and urinating in the street.
    And The Scottish Sun then spotted him skulking out of an off-licence just hours after being released.
    But Harrison — who was supposed to be in training for a fight in Blackpool scheduled to take place just days later — claimed he suffered the meltdown AFTER the bout collapsed.
    He said: “I was getting a step closer to a title shot again but no one would tell me what was happening — which just sends you bonkers.
    “I was eventually told that I was not appearing on the bill. But everyone thought the fight had been cancelled because I was arrested.
    “That was not the case — the fight was never going to go ahead anyway. The pressure I was under at that time was intense — it was unbelievable.
    “I had come through two and a half years in jail only to go through three months of mental torture.
    “You train for all that time, then, when you get there, and the fight is on, it’s off, it’s on, it’s off.”
    Harrison has now been lined up with the Kelvin Hall bout by promoter Alex Morrison.
    And Stacey said she was proud to back him in his latest bid for ring glory — because she’s convinced he’d already BEATEN his battle with the bottle. Stacey said: “Alcohol is not an issue in our relationship and Scott was not drinking regularly.
    “The time at Tesco was the first drink he had had since he had been in training.
    “But it is like anybody, if you have not had a drink for a few months then it affects you.
    “Scott is definitely not back on the drink — it was one night.
    “He was under a lot of stress — it’s not as if he’s an alcoholic.”
    Stacey was furious when she learned Harrison had landed back in trouble.
    And she admitted she was ashamed when friends and colleagues criticised the fallen ace.
    But Stacey’s heart melted when the former champ sent a huge bunch of flowers to her workplace.
    She said: “I was more annoyed because — after everything he has come through — one stupid night resulted in all of this.”
    Devoted Stacey revealed: “There were discussions between the two of us the next day — and it wasn’t easy. But he sent me a lovely bunch of flowers and he apologised and we worked through it — just the same as we always do, and always will.”
    She said Harrison’s tough training regime had now put him back on top form — so much so that he loves nothing more than to wind her up in SPANISH.
    The former jailbird was forced to swot up on the language so he could mix with other cons while caged in the grim nick.
    Former air hostess Stacey said: “He basically started from scratch, learning the alphabet and the verbs, then the nouns.
    “Then, before you knew it, he was speaking fluent Spanish. But he thinks he’s smart. He says all this stuff to me in Spanish and I threaten to grab the Spanish dictionary to find out exactly what he is saying.
    “I tell him I know fine well what he is saying and tell him to shut up. It is a laugh.”
    And she also revealed that Harrison is desperate for two more kids.
    He wants a little brother or sister for son Jack — who’s named after Harrison’s tragic 52-year-old uncle who committed suicide in 2008.
    The star — who has two children by a previous partner — said: “I think five is a good number. I believe very strongly in family.
    “You are very blessed if you have a big family. They are the only ones that really matter in this world.
    “They stick by you through the good times — as well as the bad.”
    But working mum Stacey says she would be happy with either another boy or a girl.
    She said: “Scott wants two more kids but I am not so sure. I would definitely like to have one more.”
    Stacey added: “Falling pregnant was one of the most life-changing experiences. It wasn’t planned but it was a really nice surprise.”
    Harrison will be hoping for another surprise — a victory that could line up another shot at world title glory.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sco...opens-heart-on-title-dream.html#ixzz1uCsLPO3D

Harrison’s girl lifts lid on life with bad boy boxer

[​IMG] Still together ... Stacey has stood by Scott for five years

Exclusive
    By IRINA NELSON

Published: Today at 05:23

THE fiancée of troubled boxing ace Scott Harrison last night said the star had taken her to * and back — but vowed: “I’ll always stand by him.”

[​IMG] 7 comments

Devoted Stacey Gardner lifted the lid for the first time on her rollercoaster five years with the controversial former world champ.
    She told how their relationship hit the ropes as he struggled to rebuild his career following his release from a Spanish jail.
    Their love had already been tested when skint Harrison, 34, was caged for attacking her, before losing their home to the taxman.
    But last night loyal Stacey vowed she would NEVER leave her man.
    The pretty 29-year-old admitted: “We have had our arguments because the pressure can sometimes get to you.
    “But I have never thought of leaving him — and I would never think of leaving him. Scott and I just knock our heads together and talk it out and start again.”
    The former flight attendant hooked up with the ring ace in July 2007.
    But, less than a year later, he attacked her at their villa in Cambuslang, near Glasgow.
    Neighbours said Harrison — who’d just learned his uncle Jack McGill, 52, had committed suicide — looked “wild-eyed and out of control” during the terrifying incident.
    He was later caged for eight months over the bust-up and drink driving charges.
    Then, in January 2009, their five-bedroom villa was seized by the taxman — and sold for a knockdown price.
    It came after Harrison was forced to sell another home near Cathkin Braes, in Glasgow, and his prized villa on Spain’s Costa del Sol the previous year.
    But things got even worse when Harrison landed 2½ years in Spain’s grim Botafuegos prison for beating up a cop.
    Last night Stacey told how she felt like her world had collapsed around her.
    She said: “I really thought it would have gone a different way. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach when the verdict came through. It’s as if I was in a dream.
    “That was one of the hardest moments of our relationship. Jack was only three weeks old and his father had just been handed a 2½-year jail sentence.
    “I was a first-time mum and still feeling very emotional and getting used to bringing up a wee baby — then my partner was taken away.”
    Stacey caught a plane to the Costa del Sol once a month to visit Harrison, while leaving little Jack at home with relatives.
    She revealed: “I was desperate to see Scott and I felt so guilty he was in that prison.
    “But I did not want to take Jack into that kind of environment. I hated that jail. It had an atmosphere. I just didn’t feel safe.
    “So, each time I did go to see Scott, I would have to leave Jack for two days. I felt guilty about it.”
    But she added: “I always held out that hope that he would not actually serve the full sentence.
    “So, every time, you were thinking ‘maybe this will be the last trip I have to make’.
    “After two years, I finally accepted that that would never happen. I was thinking I just had to get through the last six months.
    “Looking back — I honestly don’t know how I came through it.”
    Stacey faced further heartache when Harrison was allegedly beaten up by guards. He claimed his hands were tied behind his back as he was battered by 12 baton-wielding wardens.
    Harrison — who was left with heel marks on his thighs and a busted eye — was then slung in solitary. And Stacey is convinced he was targeted through jealousy.
    She said: “Scott was focused on his boxing and was taking classes for other prisoners. I don’t think the guards liked that.
    “They knew he was a world champion and that he had a strong mind. I think they wanted to try and break him.”
    After hearing of his turmoil Stacey flew out with Harrison’s furious parents Peter, 62, and Agnes, 61 — and begged the British Consulate to investigate.
    Stacey added: “I got great help from Scott’s family and mine which was great.
    “But the hardest part was always at night. That is the time when no one is there, everything is switched off and you just lie there and think.
    “You keep busy during the day but night time is time you share with your partner.”
    To keep her mind active, Stacey enrolled in a course at the City of Glasgow College, landed an HNC and is now a qualified beauty therapist.
    Harrison was finally released from prison last September — looking fitter than ever after training hard as he served his full stretch behind bars.
    Stacey said: “I was really nervous to be honest but it was a good nervous.
    “I wouldn’t believe he was getting released until I saw him actually walking out of the prison gates.
    “I just kept staring at the doors and then he finally appeared. It felt like the end of the nightmare. I just ran up and threw my arms around him. It was such a huge relief to have him back home.” But things did not go smoothly.
    After his first hopes of a comeback fight fell apart he was arrested for allegedly nicking food from a supermarket and urinating in the street during a booze bender. And he was pictured hours after his release from police custody heading for an off-licence.
    Now Harrison is back in training for another bout — revealed in yesterday’s Scottish Sun — and loving Stacey is by his side with son Jack, now three.
    She said: “You can’t keep dwelling on things. You have to move on. I will always stick with Scott.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sco...on-life-with-bad-boy-boxer.html#ixzz1uCseRo3Z

10. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Harrison returns to the ring tonight a bit of mismatch but boxed decent looks fit

Simpson beat appleby decent fight too

11. escociabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    he is wanting to fight the winner of ricky burns v kevin mitchell .

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Don't know what it is with Scots boxers, but a lot of them seem to have problems in their personal life.

I really like Harrison, I thought he was a good champion but there is no way he is ready for Burns. (Burns will beat Mitchell)

13. Sonny7

So proud of scott to get back in the ring last night. We all * up at times in our life and he's made a few no doubt about that. thought he was more impressive than a thought he was going to be. Of course the guy was of not much class but hey, you can't throw a guy in with decent oppenants when he's been out for six year. This was the perfect warm up. No way he's ready for burns yet, but maybe another 2 fights to get him back in there then who knows.

Hopefully onwards and upwards scott. Keep the partying to a mininmal!!

:shamrock:

14. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Burns would be far too quick for him

15. Sonny7

Agree. Harrison IMO has more experiance still. He would eat burns up if both were at there prime.

I'll always support both lads, be great to see a fight between then down the future:50:

16. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The atmosphere would be amazing hopefully it will happen I was at Burns last fight and I really enjoyed it, hopefully going to the Mitchel fight Would like to see Harrison on the bill as well

17. Sonny7

Aye the atmosphere would be incredible. Was meant to be there last night but couldn't make it. Thats probably only been about the second fight i've missed of harisson's career. Scotts dad and ma dad are cousins, we used to get tickets of him for his previous fights, used to mind going to his fights as a kid when a was younger, was some buzz. Would love to see him keep the head down and making another success of it

18. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    and maybe a smile lol:50:

Hope he does get his act together such a wasted career saying that just as he hit the slippery slope coincided with him struggling for weight.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  19. Sonny7

Heard a few rumours he's still enjoying the partying a bit to much, a train in his dad's gym he tells me theses are wrong. A hope so. A stay near scott, a saw him out training/running a few times in the mornings he looked he had his head in the right place to me. A thought he looked in the best shape ever last night. Put on the muscle and bulked up a lot more

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Where do you live mate i see him most mornings and know a few folk who are friends with him. My auntie seen him in the shops this morning