1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Completely agree with this. A fantastic servant to us and well and truly put the huns in their place over the years. A club legend no doubt but his time is up. I wish him all the best when he goes.

2. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If we're trying to rebuild the club, having a 36 year old on the bench over a younger player be it youth or fringe seems like stagnation to me, also have to remember it'll probably be back to 7 subs instead of 9 next season. Time to go, truth be told we shouldn't have gave him the last 2 year deal he got, should have just let him head to Australia.

3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Sheep * basturt

Nah if the reports tonight are true it really is the end of an era. An incredible servant to the club. An incredible captain. Wish him all the best

:treble:

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Brown is on the verge of agreeing a deal to move to Aberdeen this week where he will become Stephen Glass’ No.2.

The Celtic skipper held talks with Pittodrie chairman Dave Cormack and he and former Hibs team mate Glass are expected to be confirmed in the next 48 hours.

Record Sport understands Glass was officially interviewed for the position last week and Brown will also be unveiled as part of a managerial dream team after opting to bring the curtain down on his Parkhead career at the end of this season following 14 years at the club.

The 35-year-old has been offered a new one-year deal to stay on in Glasgow’s East End and help with a huge summer rebuild.

But, with no certainty as to the identity of the next Celtic boss, Brown has been convinced the next chapter of his career lies in the North-East.

It’s understood he verbally agreed to make the move during talks with Cormack after putting on a man-of-the match display in Sunday’s Old Firm showdown

Glass wants the veteran to lead his Aberdeen team on the park while also offering him a fast-track into management as his right hand man in the dugout.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It affects the control of the game as well. He isn't remotely in a position to control the game and win a midfield battle. It also brings McGregor too deep to try and work with him - or else we end up with a massive gap there.
    It's why Soro is better, he sits further forward and looks to break up attacks and win the battles, rather than just being support to the backline.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Funny what looks like to be his last derby game at home he played his best in a long while dunno whether to be happy or angry about that just goes to show himself could have performed better this season as a whole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye if these reports are ramping up again about the Sheep, he should probably realistically take the chance. Ideally he see's out the season though and we get to see him off on our pitch!
    Guys been an absolute legend of a captain, captained the entire 9 in a row from start to finish and a quadruple treble. Probably the only one of Lawwell, Lennon, Rodgers, Brown etc that can actually claim it all for himself as he is the only one to have played it all and been integral to it all.

But his time is up at Celtic, another year here aint the answer for seeing out his career.
    He surely needs to play it safe not to be the whipping boy next year, it's already close enough this season. He will be somewhat forgiven for this year as it hasn't been his fault. But if he signed on again, then he does need to take responsibility for what is feared to be a worse season for him next year.

Sydneysider and StanP19 like this.
  8. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

If the reports are true then I hope he does go. Just a shame we can’t give him the send of he deserves for his loyalty and commitment to us. One of a kind for this club. We won’t see guys like him at this club ever again the way football is going.

I’m gutted to see him go as he’s been a major player in the Celtic teams I’ve watched in my time but all good things come to an end.

absolute legend. Hail Hail

Peej and Garrymac1888 like this.
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

What a legend, but it’s time to go.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’ll be a real sore yin to see him leave, I’m not ready for the video montages.

Far eclipse your KT’s and the likes, this guy has given us his career as a leader on and off the park.

Celtic legend.

11. Henke102

Will do well at the sheep, for once they will actually have a proven winner amongst the ranks, rather than the “wee guy” mentality that seems to run through their team.

My main take from that record article, is it does seem straight from the horses mouth and they say how we aren’t anywhere closer to appointment of a manager. Bit of a concern given you would imagine Brown might have got some sort of info on progress. Could just be looking into it too much though.

Lennon1888 and StanP19 like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye I am not bitter at KT leaving, disappointed for him, he missed the chance to win 9 in a row, the chance to push for 10, the chance to be the captain of Celtic and be the legend he seemed destined to be. But the lads moved on to a great career (we hope), but a guy like Brown is multiple levels above guys like KT in the "legends" ranking at Celtic.

For me, he goes up there with Larsson as a legend of this club.
    and probably the only one really since Larsson.

13. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

I agree mate. His loyalty alone to us is unquestionable. Similar to Henrik when that hun * fergie tried to sign him. Don’t want to go over board on the sentiment towards brown after the disastrous season we have had but on reflection he has justified himself as a legend no doubt.

Sydneysider, Peej and The_Bhoy like this.
  14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Whatever Has happened this season. The way football is now; we’ll never see the likes of a player of his quality for the length of time we managed to keep him for. and have the success during his playing time. (whatever you think of his quality, an assured dependable hardworking leader in the centre is always sought after down south by many teams in the prem). A few times he could have left but didn’t. Many players at their peak would leave and he never did.

his trophy haul and appearances speak for themselves.

a true legend.

15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd like to think and hope that we'd be prepared for his final day for us.

Judging by our past and preparedness moving forward, we won't be ready for it. Far from it.

An absolute legend who has given his career to Celtic.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. Buster

He'll be back one day..................just don't come back with an Aberdeen tattoo on yer calf skipper

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Actually feeling a bit gutted if he is officially leaving, obviously he's nowhere near good enough anymore but it'll feel weird not having Broony around anymore.

Tommy25 and The_Bhoy like this.
  18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Remember when pirlo did this, thing is pirlo had great vision and could making fantastic passes, a playmaker

brown has never been a playmaker hes a defensive destroyer and holding midfielder but i think he or management thinks hes the quarterback

Management have been gutless and negligent in replacing him, even now he's still playing ahead of a better player for the team

Peej likes this.
  19. Hadouken

Wow just realised he's been at celtic for half of my life, one of the greatest celtic legends who in the future will become synonymous of the 2010's era :55:

Tommy25 and The_Bhoy like this.
  20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I'll greet when he leaves. Unquestionably a Legend.

Rydo1888*, Tommy25 and Hammy89 like this.