1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  2. The Celtic Way

He seems to be the only person with the story, not saying it's not true, just feel
    More people would be on it by now, Let's hope it's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. VikingBhoy

It just happened, he posted that less than 15 minutes ago.

4. The Celtic Way

Your kidding

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not good. Hopefully just taking most precautionary measures they can with the whole 'carried off' thing. Wouldn't be the first time a journo used poetic licence to try and get retweets etc.

6. The Celtic Way

Will no more in the morning but it doesn't look like anything to worry about. So Ronny says

7. shendr18

https://twitter.com/AlisonRobbie/status/654625134284832768

Alison Robbie
    <s>#</s>Celtic captain Scott Brown twisted ankle in training - Ronny Deila hopeful he'll play on Saturday

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Twisted ankle

9. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Jozo had a 'twisted ankle' too and he has been out for near a month.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope it's nothing serious. Can't even think who I'd play beside Bitton this weekend in his place. Johansen maybe?

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thought about him but I can't remember seeing him play in that position.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Played there regularly for Dundee United has done for us a few times, I think it's his best position actually.

14. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Definitely not. His key assets are his intelligent movement and quick interchanges. He's not able to use these attributes fully in the deeper role.

15. murphy88

I would much rather have Armstrong beside Bitton than Johansen. I don't think it's his best position though.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    His positioning, ability on the ball and his quick interchanges linking up with the 10 infront of him is what makes it for me, it opens up the play a lot quicker and allows us to attack through the middle.

He plays the role a lot like Broony but his passing is better. It's where he'll end up long term for us.

17. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Herald:

RONNY Deila is facing an anxious wait to see if Scott Brown will be fit for Celtic’s crucial Europa League match with Molde next week after injuring his ankle yesterday.

The midfielder was carried off during training at Lennoxtown and medical staff at the Scottish champions will assess the full extent of the damage today.

Deila is hopeful his influential skipper will be able to play in the Ladbrokes Premiership meeting with Motherwell at Fir Park tomorrow afternoon.

However, the Norwegian admitted he was unsure if the 30-year-old would be available for the league game or the trip to his homeland to play Molde next week.

The game is vital to the Parkhead club’s chances of finishing in the top two in Group A and progressing to the knockout stages for the second season running.

“He (Brown) twisted his in a passing exercise,” said Deila. “He has done that many times.

"We don’t know before if he is out for Saturday or not, but it is not a major thing. He will be quick back I think, but we will have to see tomorrow how big it is.

“When I saw him he had tape on both ankles. I think both have been twisted before. As he has done that before many times then it is easier for him to get back quicker.”

“It is too early to say something about next week. We have to ask assess him more tomorrow and see the reaction of the swelling.”

Meanwhile, Deila has reiterated his desire to sign Carlton Cole, the former West Ham and England striker who has returned to Glasgow to rejoin the Celtic squad, on a permanent deal.

The 32-year-old, who is a free agent after parting company with West Ham in the summer, is available for nothing and Deila believes he can strengthen his options up front.

“He’s still injured so we haven’t done anything more at the moment," he said. "He was running a bit and we’ll see how he does next week.

“He has the qualities we are looking for, he’s a target man, a big guy and a person who brings energy in the dressing room.

“We have to see if he is physically capable of playing the way he did before. We are not at the contract stage yet so we’ll wait and see.”

Celtic have been linked with a move for Emil Berggreen, the Danish Under-21 internationalist who plays as a striker for German club Eintracht Braunschweig, during the January transfer window.

“There are a lot of options in January,” said Deila. “There are a lot of names going around but we are looking at strikers in January again.”

Deila confirmed that Leigh Griffiths, the Celtic striker who was forced to pull out of the Scotland squad last week with a calf strain, would be available for the game against Motherwell.

Elsewhere, Deila confirmed first team regulars Efe Ambrose, Nir Bitton, Mikael Lustig and Tom Rogic had all returned from international duty unscathed. Elsewhere, though, Stefan Johansen faces a fitness test before the game tomorrow.

“Stefan played on Tuesday and had a couple of knocks so we will see how he is,” he said.

“Stefan took a bad knock against Fenerbahce and didn’t train for a week. But he was ready for the game on Saturday and played well and did so again on Tuesday.

“Mikael played two games and that’s positive for him. It’s a big step. He hasn’t done that for some time so hopefully he gets some consistency.”

18. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fairly promising news from Deila there overall.

Especially regarding Griffiths, Bitton, Lustig and Rogic being fit to play.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If he has a chance of making tomorrow how can he be a doubt for Thursday?

20. Swervedancer Guest

I think he's saying he's not sure if he'll be alright for tomorrow and if not then might be doubtful for Molde also. He better be ok for Molde, we really need that result. I'd just rest him for Motherwell even if they think he's alright, take no chances.

Good news regarding the other players. Hope Johansen is fine but he's not a major worry at the moment.