1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hopefully at the end of the season he will have the decency to explain what the * was going on in the background this season and why we completely collapsed during the season .
    Move on Broony before your reputation becomes even more tarnished.

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

His crime has been getting old. He should have been managed properly and used as a bit part player this year. A shadow of himself.

He gets a "free pass" from me this year, not many do. I hope to * though it's his final few weeks with us and he rides off into the sunset.

Hammy89 and Gioventu like this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    These players can't say anything as they sign up to all these confidentiality clauses. He's probably dying to put his case but wont be in the position to do it. Also if he wants to go elsewhere it will do him more harm than good to rubbish his previous club. Sad to say like the rest he will have to suck it up. I think that it's so sad as he really has been a legend for us. Never the most gifted but a brilliant captain. The club is poisonous just now and I think Lenny is the cause of it.

4. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Think the flak he’s getting a bit unfair. He’s 100% passed it but he’s the club captain, he’s not exactly going to refuse to * play. Only thing I disagree that’s he’s done this season was defend Lennon and the board following the protests.

Hammy89 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  5. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Gary Neville did exactly that as club captain, told Alex Ferguson to stop playing him & that he knew his time was up, that's what real, selfless captains do.

AdamRS likes this.
  6. JamesM09

Exactly.

The way I see it the fans are doing the same thing with Brown as they have done with Lennon for years. He’s a Celtic captain and built up to be more than he is, so he is above any criticism. It’s the attitude that has us stuck with Lennon when he’s been shown to be grossly unqualified for the job.

Brown has been found wanting this season as club captain. He’s kept quiet and stuck to the party line, making no effort to use his leadership position to solve the problems.

He doesn’t get a pass just because we’ve idolised him.

I’m extremely disappointed in him. It feels like he’s going down the same path as Lennon for an easy buck.

AdamRS and Lewis Kerr like this.
  7. celtic warrior

* off an retire. No job for ex celts anymore. * off and learn elswhere.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  8. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

On the ball he’s the exact same player. Slow, ponderous, and often inaccurate.

Off the ball he’s slower and much less energetic, but his positioning and defensive intelligence have always been grossly overrated and has been one of our problems for years.

Our back four have received limited protection from him over the years in big games that matter, and I don’t mean the ones against dross like Halliday and Shinnie.

Guy can’t track a runner to save his life and the vast majority of our support have him down as some form of gladiator in the middle of the park.

MusselburghBhoy likes this.
  9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

See it’s Browns turn to come out with the classic weekly - “We are ready and focused on the next game and getting back to winning ways...” blah blah blah honestly better when they just stay quiet instead of feeding us the same empty pish every week.

10. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I don't blame him at all.

He's been nothing but professional even when he's been out of the team.

However, Rodgers knew his time was coming to an end, he was actively talking up a move to Australian for him ffs. It's now since been forgotten but in Rodgers' last season, Brown was dropped from the starting 11 and we had our best run of results after the slow start to the season, starting with a 6-0 demolition of St Johnstone. It was clear he was needing to be phased out, not dropped completely but having his game time managed.

Lennon comes in an announces he wants to build the team around him.o_O

So many red flags with Lennon being reappointed.

11. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    What i don’t get with Brown was the penalty he gave away against hibs which we could say looked deliberate (his pal lennon called it lazy)

Then the deliberate red card against livingstone

The above would give you impression he was trying to get lennon sacked but sitting drinking with him in Dubai and saying lawwell should get a statue makes you think otherwise.

12. mayo

* Kennedy he was part of the problem. Give it to Browny for the rest of the reason. Seems very well liked by the players, least they’ll try for him.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hope he retires in the summer, or just leaves.

Gut the club/squad and rebuild it.

14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Cant believe he’s getting moved up to be part of the backroom team, haven’t we learned * all from lennon. Brown is so similar to lennon it scares me.

Westlondonscot and JamesM09 like this.
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I reckon he will follow Lennon out the door but I'd like to see him stay on in some capacity or return as a coach..

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's been holding us back for years in Europe, one of the biggest reasons we've struggled badly at that level without a world class shot stopper in Forster.

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm torn, I'd rather we completely get rid of the "jobs for the boys" mantra but with the rebuild coming in the summer, even having Brown available as someone who could come on for the final 10-15 minutes of a game could be useful.

As a coach? No thanks, even Mcmanus and O'dea, who should be gone, went elswhere first to get their coaching badges, let Brown do the same.

18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    One thing I do want from him though, is to go through that wee fat freak in the next derby, a proper two-footed lunge.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Personaly he should attempt another australia/America money move.

Peej likes this.
  20. JamesM09

I don’t want him here as a coach. We need to stop this jobs for the boys *.

RogicHasMagicToes, Peej and AdamRS like this.