1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He recovered/made a good tackle after he originally lost the ball. I've seen the whole game. I have no agenda against him ffs, he's our captain. I think he was the worst midfielder today, by far.

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

think part of the problem is lenny sees not many leaders on the park after brown, too many quiet passive types and therefore feels he has to keep him on for reasons other than playing ability

eddie and ntcham are laid back passive quiet types but he brought them on which i did think odd

christie kind of leads from his massive reserves of energy and hes always busy trying to create thought he had his poorest tired looking game of the season today

mcgregor is quite a quiet guy a bit mousey

duffy could bring some of that if he wasnt such a train wreck maybe just poor form

ajer gives us leadership and strength but the beginning of the season it looked like his head and form where elsewhere

think definately NL seems to play brown all the time and it seems every minute because he feels the team lacks strength of character

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He had to come off earlier as he was becoming slack. Again lennon isnt helping him.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  4. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    He got about a bit more today, snuffed out and made a good few challenges. He was decent, but if it was a season or 2 or go it would be a performance hardly worth remark. i would sacrifice what he brings for more creativity in the league most weeks. But that would require someone stepping up when called upon, the twice thats happened this season they've flapped.

5. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You’re claiming every time he won possession, it was after he lost it himself? That doesn’t add up at all. Even after misplacing a couple of passes, he was quick and aggressive in pressing to win it back. That’s hardly a negative.

As I said, he clearly tired as the game went on and yes, he misplaced a few sloppy passes as a result, but overall he played well. Frankly his influence on the first half performance is undeniable.

As for him apparently being our worst midfielder today, never mind by far, I find that a totally mind boggling assessment. He had a far bigger influence on the game than both McGregor and Christie.

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He was good today. Did give the ball away a few times and couple of poor touches.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Thought he played decent today.

That pass though :giggle1:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Made some strange passes today but that was down to lack of concentration * all to do with his 'legs have gone'. Overall had a good game. He looked * when he came off against Sparta but the camera was on him today at about 80 mins and looked like he was strolling it out there. He will need rested from time to time, to let his batteries recharge. Wee Soro deserves a chance when Broony is rested.

9. Foley1888

Seen a bit of everything from the captain today, he made some good challenges and didn’t hold onto the ball too long unlike some of the other games this season.

His forward passing was poor though giving the ball away a number of times with some real simple balls going astray. I do worry that when we try speed up our passing he struggles to participate. Not Browns fault he was left on but he tired significantly in the 2nd half particularly during that Motherwell spell, people were going past him like he wasn’t there at times unlike earlier in the game. Our defence are poor and have suffered from injuries but they really don’t get much help or protection from the midfield (not singling out brown here).

I don’t agree he was the worst midfielder on the park as I thought after a lively start McGregor was fairly anonymous for large spells of the game particularly when we were on the back foot, he is never a defensive midfielder people run off him too easily. He is best utilised further forward or could play deeper to dictate play if you had other proper box to box midfielders to do the tackling and defending around him.

Christie I know he was playing wide right and we hear all the time about his stats which were/ are unreal but he isn’t half careless in possession. You can see the difference having someone with a good first touch and comfy on either foot makes with Rogic playing the role just off the striker. Christie looks for too many touches and his control and being all left sided really lets him down in tight situations. He also lacks composure at times in possession trying the impossible pass or flick when taking a touch and a bit of care would make all the difference. I still think I prefer him playing that more box to box midfield role where he can pick the pick the ball up and drive with it rather than try to create on the turn or with his back to goal. His energy is always a great asset as well particularly when this current team lacks players with a good engine.

I feel getting a settled back line is an obvious way to improve us but also getting a better formula in the middle of the park could really be the key to us kicking on this season.

10. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    A much better performance from him, hopefully can keep it up.

11. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    This should be a passing of the torch season, much like Boyd did for Lambert and Lambert did for Jackie, they never played every minute and sometimes had to come off the bench.

I don't know if its because we don't have many natural leaders but no way should Brown be playing every minute in what is effectively one of his last seasons.

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Thought he had a good game.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was decent enough but way too many misplaced passes.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB:It’s good to get back into it. We’re looking forward to playing Hibs at Easter Road. The pitch looks good so here’s hoping it’s going to be a good game."

SB: "We played really well against Motherwell, especially in the first-half. We could’ve scored a few more. We need to make sure we take that intensity and work rate into tomorrow and build on that going forward."

SB on
    @ScotlandNT
    : "It was amazing. Great scenes, the lads deserved it truly. They worked extremely hard and it’s great for the whole country."

SB on
    @ScotlandNT
    : "It was amazing. Great scenes, the lads deserved it truly. They worked extremely hard and it’s great for the whole country."

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Needs to retire. I don't think it was a penalty but Broony gave the ref the chance to give it. He offers almost nothing going forward.

17. Keano88

Idiotic from such an experienced player.

18. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Done at our level. Really poor passing and didnt contribute a thing.

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Can’t even find the words anymore. Finished about 2 year ago.

It’s not his fault he’s still getting played. Utter negligence.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Thick as *.

Sonic Reducer likes this.