1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Because he's done..

It's clear as day he shouldn't be our first name on the team sheet every week and our sole protection of the midfield..

Either start Soro or someone in the side who has the mobility or go out and bag one now. We've had year's to do this..

2. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Need a younger fitter player in there . Cant blame Brown here its Lennon who is picking the team and taking off players who are playing better and keeping a 35yr old on for 95mins again

JML67 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Martin O’Neill phased Tom Boyd and Paul Lambert out in their final season and used them sparingly time for Lenny to do the same. He won’t and it will cost us ultimately!

4. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We don't usually agree on things, this is a first! :60:

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Is he out of contract next summer? Praying he is.

Also I’m past the point of buying into the opinion that he can be brought on in games when we’re trying to keep it tight. He’d be a liability coming into a game and having to adapt to the pace.

We have a plethora of centre mids at the club, and a few can’t get a sniff - Connell and Soro being two. Time to move on from Brown who is only holding us back at this point.

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's going to start costing us games, and if we must start him he shouldn't last the entire 90. Moronic from Lennon.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It's poor management..

When we were 3-1 up. Take Broony off for Turnbull and drop McGregor in..

Nope. The game goes flat. Broony looks shattered and lasts the full 90 whilst fresher boy's like Ntcham come off..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  8. Markybhoy

The sad reality is that he is not getting dropped. He has so many credits in the bank having skippered the team to the last nine titles. To drop him now and have him not leading the charge to 10IAR could be perceived as a slap in the face. Lennon won't do that to him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Lennon is sitting there thinking Brown is playing fine, such is the faith I have in our manager at this moment in time.

Unless he suddenly regains his form, I can see this being an ongoing bone of contention for a while. The fans being frustrated and unhappy with his performances while the manager and his team mates publicly back him(even if deep down they know he is playing *).

9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    The decline really started last season, he gave a dodgy pen away in one of the qualifiers if I remember and a dodgy pass lead to a goal, he had a few games where he played well but the majority he was anonymous but we were winning so overlooked mostly, this season has too much riding on it and people are rightly demanding better.

Ill never question his desire and toughness but sadly, the body can't do it anymore.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Its abysmal from Lennon, Brown has been one of our worst players this season, and hes still first choice. It's honestly giving me the fear facing the huns with Brown playing

McChiellini.. likes this.
  11. TheHappyLoss

Regardless of his form Broony and Ntcham doesn’t work it never has

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    No saying this is right but the fan's no being there will be doing this no good..

No talking about outright stick as I don't want to see it but if we had a crowd in for some of these game....you'd here the groans of discontent from sloppy passes or getting bypassed too easily etc..

With no crowd, Lenny is probably thinking aye it's all good..

It's poor either way and unfathomable that a while coaching staff can sit and no recognise our captain on the wane and tiring badly in game's..

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The last 3 games we should have rested him at least once and gone with 3-5-2 with our most attacking and creative players in there.

Ajeti - Edouard
    Elyounoussi - McGregor - Frimpong
    Christie - Ntcham

That midfield 3 has enough legs and talent in it to dominate a game against County, St Mirren, Livi etc. I think with Celtic our best form of defence is attack, there's creativity in our squad that isn't being exploited because Lennon insists on playing Broony every minute of every game..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    It's sad to see what's happening to him and Lennon is doing him no favours

15. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    The bit part role/subbed on stage of phasing him out should have been last year. he should no longer be playing for celtic at all.

But thats not going to happen. so the solution for what to do with him lies somewhere between where he should no longer be playing for celtic and the current reality where he is still practically playing every minute.

Subbed on at 3-1 today and the 70th minute mark on Wednesday should be his current role , no need for him last Saturday

it is sad to think about what's needed to happen for Lennon to truly be left with no choice but to move on from using him.

16. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Its heart breaking, we are watching the end of an absolute leader and legend of our club.

Eventually the critics will be proven right and it seems to be their year, let's face it even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He'll always be a Celtic legend but his time is just about up, needs to be used sparingly

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  17. Foley1888

This is spot on, it pains me to say it but you can’t deny it watching the games.

Midfielders who play in to their mid to late 30’s tend to be vintage passers of the ball or playmaker types, Brown is neither. Brown’s game was about graft, driving the team forward with his energy, aggression and will to win.

Brown was excellent in adapting his game when Rodgers came in to realise he was entering his later stages of his career and showed his game awareness and defensive covering could give him a role deeper in our midfield.

However Brown has never been a natural DM in his peak he had a tendency to fail to pick up runners or dangerous movement from opposition midfield but was by far our best bet there in comparison to anyone we have had in there post Wanyama (for me we never replaced him). Now Brown has lost another yard we it is difficult to find a place in our midfield for him.

If Soro is not the answer we sorely need someone. You could drop CalMac in there but if we do that then for me we need a box to box midfielder to play with the others who can win tackles, carry the ball and match opposition runs from midfield as the likes of Ntcham simply don’t do the last of the three. CalMac does some of this but isn’t very good at tackling. After a LB/LWB I would say this is the next position that urgently needs resolved but I don’t see us doing anything.

18. Maestro 08

Think our midfield medium to long term should be..

Mcgregor at 6
    Christie at 8
    Turnbull at 10

Brown just wasn't required today never mind playing the full 90mins. We've got Turnbull, Rogic and Ely sitting there doing * all when we have about 5 men plus the goalie behind the ball at times at home to Livi! Undroppable, unsubable and apparantley unlike guys 12 years younger than him he doesn't need rotating either.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Swap Christie and Turnbull and your sorted

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  20. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Usually football's ruthless and the fans are sentimental, seems backwards in this case.