1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I won’t be labelling the ageing legs thing at him because we’ve been here several times before since he turned 30 and he has always made a mockery of it.

Let’s wait and see, he can’t go on forever obviously but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he’s carrying something just now.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Either that or the long lay off has affected him getting back up to speed, but he definitely needs rotated more in the so called lesser games.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  4. Bonobhoy

Love this man,but it aint his fault that his legs might tire now,its on Lenny if he plays him so much this season.

There are many games where he can sit out,and so can other squad members imo,but again its all on Lennon here.

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It really is a puzzler why we're always so quick to write off our own.

In my case, I didn't actually write him off or say he was past it, but this time last year he had a bit of a slow start as well and I remember confidently stating (with all the usual confidence of some "random" on the internet without a medical or sports science degree) that he couldn't play 3 games in a week anymore. Shortly after, he played 3 games in a week and was brilliant.

You never quite know with Broony. Every year recently, people say his legs have gone and inevitably one of these years, it'll be true; but his body isn't normal. The sensible thing is to wait and see rather than rush to write him off. When the year finally comes that they really have gone (whether it's this year or not), you don't get any extra points for being one of the first to call it.

Well, unless you're one of those people who really, really wants to be able to say, "I was saying it back in August and no one would listen." :giggle1:

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Internet init. At least 30% of the * on here would put wanting to get the "scoop", first post on here before what is best for Celtic.

7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i thought brown looked disconsolate second half like he knew that he wasnt needed for this game we needed a younger guy in the middle

you can even see it when teams break on us he cant get back at players

this shouldnt have happened at celtic we should have had a replacement bedded in well before now

and if we cant get a good enough replacement then we need to make our midfield adapt to playing without brown

its not good for celtic the fans or brown himself to be put in a position where our legendary captain is seen as the problem to us moving forward

age happens, players arent bigger than the club

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m not criticising him because I want Ntcham to start, I just think his form has been poor.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There was signs of it last season player's going past him easily but it's been every game this season it's happened and sometimes multiple time's during game's..

He's been losing some 50/50's he would usually win and because he's been too slow/can't quite get there, he's out the game and we are wide open as a result..

Still a place for him but I don't think it's as a guaranteed starter anymore. The fact we've subbed him off a couple of time's already this season is telling as that didn't happen once last year..

Love Broony but think this might be the year. Gradually bowing out on the 10..

CFC.1 likes this.
  10. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Scott Brown will stroll it again this year, Age is a number its 2020 most folk in this day and age have the right diet and nutrition in their body and if they want it enough they can keep themself in immense shape a believe Broony will be doing all the right things to make sure he's tip top for the battle to win 10.

11. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully he is just taking a bit longer to get back up to speed with the lockdown and with it only been 3 league games into the season for us.

Still doesn’t need to play every week though.

12. Maestro 08

Unlike others i dont want him rotated out because I think his legs have gone. Far from it, I just think the role he plays isn't required for the majority of domestic games. We will have a better chance of breaking down these sides that sit 11 behind the ball if we have more attacking players on the pitch. It's that simple for me. Mcgregor can do what Brown does and by getting Ntcham and Christie central as well we will overwhelm teams. There's plenty of life left In Brown and he is still an essential member of the squad that will continue to play a huge part both on the pitch and off it.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We sometimes need to put sentiment aside, much an all as we all love Brown, based on his last few performances, we just need something different, more dynamic, in midfield.

14. joemc

A team is not made by filling it with all attacking players , the best teams have great mixture of youth ,age, experience ,physicality, a bit like everyone recognising we need aggression at the back ,pace , will to win , as I say the guys who matter will see wen someone has lost a yard or can no longer do the same job .

15. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The roar fae Broony at the end, brilliant!
    [​IMG]

Random Review likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Brown has always been a guy that wants to play every game and a 5 month lay-off from competitive football has probably hit him more than most in our squad.

I do agree with a few above saying guys have went by him in all games so far but I don't subscribe to the view from some fans that he's done.

His will to win is 2nd to none in the squad, for a 35-year old DM whose legs are supposedly gone, he was the one driving into the box in the 84th minute screaming at Odsonne for the cut-back.

He will play his part this season but that won't be a 60+ game automatic pick part.

Dannybhoy81 and Dan Breen like this.
  17. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He will play his part this season as he always does but when we play against teams who sit in the whole game we need a more attacking system sometimes if we play 4 at the back Broony still plays deep which is virtually 5 at the back

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This angle really shows how big a part he played in driving us forward for the goal. Really revealing:

Part of the reason he has always been underrated is that it's hard to notice these things in real time.

I also love Dallas's face tripping him after the goal.

bagforlife, joemc and Seán Mac D like this.
  19. joemc

Actually looks like he was desperately trying to think up a way to rule it out ,the c#nt .

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Honestly, I think that's exactly what he was doing. He was staring fixedly at that point and IMHO he was probably rerunning the play in his mind.