1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wee man was good on Clyde there..

Rydo1888* likes this.
  3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Did broony just state eddy would continue to b Quality for the next two years....

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Rydo1888* likes this.
  5. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You tell them broony \o/ #RentFree

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    " Title was won in December", " Come round and see my trophy" :56::56::56::56: huns baited big time wait for the phone in/ gerstv reply :55::55::55::55::55::36::36::36:

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Happy 13 years

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What an answer! Just brilliant.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You need to get out the house.

This lockdown has got you annoying everyone.

:56:

Rydo1888* and Marty McFly like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

IT was on this day 13 years ago, May 16, 2007, that Scott Brown signed for Celtic. It proved to be an astute signing by the club and the player has gone on to become, in the words of Neil Lennon, ‘a modern day Celtic great.’

To date, Scott Brown has made 575 appearances for the club – only seven players have played more times for Celtic – while he has netted 45 goals.

His haul of silverware, most of it won as Celtic captain, makes for even more impressive reading. He has won nine league titles with the Hoops, along six League Cups and five Scottish Cups, and more medals are sure to follow.

And in marking the anniversary of Scott Brown signing for Celtic, we take a brief look at the incredible career of our Captain. Leader. Legend.

PRELUDE TO PARADISE
    Scott Brown began his career with Hibernian, signing for the Easter Road side in 2002 and making his debut in May 2003 at the age of 17, coming on as a substitute in a 3-1 victory over Aberdeen. Over the next four years he would go on to make a total of 134 appearances for Hibs, scoring 20 goals. He would work under both Tony Mowbray, who was later his manager, briefly, at Celtic, while he also enjoyed success at Hibs under John Collins – now Celtic assistant manager – when the Edinburgh side won the League Cup in 2007, beating Kilmarnock 5-1 in the final. Brown agreed to sign for Celtic in a deal that remains the biggest between two Scottish clubs, and a week after the deal was agreed, he made his final appearance for Hibs, playing and scoring in a 2-1 win over Celtic at Easter Road in a match where he was cheered by both sets of supporters. At the end of the 2006/07, he swapped the green and white of Hibernian for the green and white hoops of Celtic and the rest, as they say, is history…

DEBUT BHOY
    It was on Saturday, August 7, 2007 that Scott Brown made his competitive debut for Celtic, playing in a goal-less draw at home against Kilmarnock as the defending champions kicked off the defence of their league title, bidding to make it three-in-a-row. The team that day was: M.Brown, Wilson, Kennedy, Donati (Nakamura), McManus, Naylor, McGeady, Hartley, S.Brown, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Zurawksi (Killen). Scott Brown is the only player still wearing the Hoops almost eight years later although John Kennedy is still at the club, now working as assistant manager. While it wasn’t a winning start for Brown, it would ultimately prove to be a successful season for the club. He would also get off the mark with his first goal towards the end of the month in a 5-0 victory over Hearts at Celtic Park

HIGHLIGHTS
    For a player who has won an incredible 20 trophies to date as a Celt, there are so many highlights to choose from. He played his part in the third league title in Gordon Strachan’s three-in-a-row success in what was Brown’s first season at the club. He was also an integral part of the subsequent three-in-a-row success under Neil Lennon, now wearing the captain’s armband. He has continued to lead the way, both on and off the park, with two further league titles under Ronny Deila, and then the historic Invincibles Treble and Double Treble under Brendan Rodgers. When he left in February last year, Neil Lennon returned, and the Treble Treble was duly delivered. This season, Scott Brown lifted the League Cup, while the team established a commanding 13-point lead at the top of the Premiership. There have been plenty of European highlights too, the most recent of those coming this season when he captained the first ever Celtic side to win a competitive match in Italy with the 2-1 win over Lazio.

DOING THE BROONY!
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 was the day when a new goal celebration was born. It was on that day Celtic played Rangers at Ibrox in a Scottish Cup tie, and it was a topsy-turvy afternoon for the Hoops. They conceded an early goal when Jamie Ness fired home from the edge of the box after just three minutes, but Kris Commons equalised on 16 minutes. Fraser Forster was red-carded after 40 minutes for a foul on Steven Naismith in the penalty area, and Steven Whittaker converted the spot-kick. The Hoops, however, produced an inspired second-half performance, led by Scott Brown, and it was the captain who scored a stunning equaliser on 65 minutes, curling home a left-foot shot from the edge of the box. And it was at that moment he produced what has now become his trademark ‘Broony’ goal celebration – arms outstretched and chest puffed out. It was a gesture that Celtic supporters instantly fell in love with, and have since imitated at every opportunity

THE FUTURE’S BRIGHT…
    When Scott Brown signed his most recent contract extension back in January last year, which will see him remain at the club until at least the summer of 2021, he told Celtic TV: ‘I love the club, I love playing in front of 60,000 fans, I love winning games and winning trophies. That’s why I came here – it’s so long ago now – and I enjoy every single moment of it, from training every day at Lennoxtown to playing in front of our fans. The main thing is for me to stay and try to win as many more leagues and cups as I possibly can. Throughout my time here at Celtic, the fans have helped me through a lot of hard times. So has everyone at the club, and that’s why it was the right thing for me to stay here and to keep going for as long as I can. I’ve always had a special relationship with the Celtic fans from when I first came in and I had a good first season. I dipped a bit in the second season but the fans always supported me. It’s a big family-orientated club and once you come here, you never want to leave.’

APPEARANCES
    League: 376
    Scottish Cup: 49
    League Cup: 32
    Europe: 118
    Total: 575

GOALS
    League: 28
    Scottish Cup: 11
    League Cup: 4
    Europe: 2
    Total: 45