1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Bain

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 31, 2018.

Discuss Scott Bain in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Sky saying it’s done

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Interview on Sky coming up.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Bain began his career with Aberdeen, during which time he spent a season on loan at Elgin City, before joining Alloa Athletic in June 2011.

After three years there, he joined Dundee, and during his time at Dens Park, he was also twice called up to the Scotland squad by former national team manager, Gordon Strachan. He had joined Hibernian on loan at the start of January, but he has now made the switch to Paradise.

Scott told the official Celtic website: “This is biggest club in Scotland and one of the biggest clubs in the world, so I just can’t believe that I’m here.

“I phoned my dad earlier today just to say that I was leaving Easter Road and on the road to Glasgow, and he was buzzing and delighted for me. I can’t believe I was on the bench for Hibs against Celtic last weekend and then, just a few days later, I’m signing for Celtic.

“It’s not something that, when I went on loan to Hibs, I thought was ever going to happen, so the past few days have been great, and to get it over the line and be here is absolutely amazing.”

5. optimusmike777

really good keeper, best scotland have produced in a few years. i hope he plays and develops and shows alot of our fans wrong.

i think gordons career may be over and DDV will retire soon

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Good looking *, Celtic class in that department anyway :79: :brendy:

Jeannie960 and Tommy25 like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well he sounds chuffed to be here. Good stuff.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Must be at least a 10.

9. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Love these kinds of signings for some reason. Guy can’t believe his luck, has just had a phone call telling him to get his * to parkhead to sign for the bhoys when he’s on his way to sit on the bench at Easter road.

Hope he does well and we sign him next season.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I don't know why I'm so confident but I think he'll do well for us. I remember thinking he'd be a good shout last season or so when we couldn't put one past him.

Keano88 likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was my 2nd choice GK on FM17 for about 5 year and never moaned once so I'm backing him to do well.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Rab Douglas has tipped Scott Bain to push Dorus de Vries for the number one shirt at Celtic Park, after the Hoops pushed through a last-minute deal for the keeper.

The 26-year-old has signed with Brendan Rodgers’ side on a loan deal until the end of the season after the Parkhead side needed a back-up following the injury to Craig Gordon last weekend.

The Hoops also finally got Jack Hendry from Dundeeat the very last minute in a deal that is believed to be worth around £1.5m to the Dens Park club.

And while Bain is expected to be brought in as an understudy, former Celtic keeper Douglas fully expects the goalkeeper to be targeting the number one shirt.

“No goalkeeper thinks they are signing to go and sit on a bench,” he said. “I am fully confident that Scott himself will go in there fully believing that he can force his way into the side. Everybody does. You sign for a club then you go out to prove that there is a reason you are there.

“And I know Scott. He is a confident lad anyway. He won’t be fazed by it at all. My only hope for him is that he gets in and gets a game quite quickly because I think you need that. It allows you to get a feel of it all.”

Rodgers has a particular way that he wants his goalkeepers to play, something that he stressed again this week when speaking of the importance of getting a stopper in who was comfortable with the ball at his feet.

And Douglas believes that Bain will fit into that without too much fuss.

“Scott is only 26,” he said. “A lot of goalkeeper’s coaches have been keen on goalies playing with their feet for a while. But I honestly think he will cope with it. He is a lad who is fit, he is in good shape physically even though he hasn’t been playing too much recently but he has a bit of everything for me as a keeper.

“He is good playing the ball out with his feet, his distribution is good, he is a good short-stopper and he comes out when he needs to. I wish him the best of luck. It is a big club and it is a big challenge but he is not short on confidence.”

That itself is an attribute that Douglas reflects will stand Bain in good stead as he goes into the pressurised environment at Celtic.

“I look back on my own time and although my confidence increased the longer I was there and playing, I do think it would have helped if I had had a wee bit more just at the start of my Celtic career.

“I do think it is important to have that.

“Big clubs have big personalities and big pressures and you need to be able to cope with that. It is a change but it is an amazing chance for Scott.

“It is incredible – one minute he is bombed out at Dundee after falling out with the manager and the next he is being signed by the top team in the country. It is strange the way that football can shift and turn and you just never know what might happen.

“All it will take is an injury to de Vries and he could find himself right in there. That is certainly what he’ll be thinking today and he’ll be confident that he can take his chance, that’s for sure.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  16. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Right fuckit back the lad. Could easily take his chance here, De Vries is hardly Buffon. Should get the odd game and show enough to think about signing him for free

freitassen likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He also hates Neil McCann. And I think we can all relate to that.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

IF a week is a long time in politics, then a day can seem like a lifetime for a footballer. Scott Bain woke up this morning as an on-loan Hibernian player, and ended the evening as a Celt, having joined the Scottish Champions on loan from his parent club, Dundee, until the end of this season.

Indeed, events moved so quickly for the 26-year-old goalkeeper that he had to leave Hibs’ pre-match meal at Easter Road ahead of their game against Motherwell to make the trip along the M8 to Glasgow, hence the reason he was still in his Hibs’ training gear!

That was quickly swapped for a Celtic jersey, of course, and the keeper couldn’t contain his delight at having become the latest addition to Brendan Rodgers’ squad.

Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, Scott Bain said: “It sort of sums up football and how crazy it can be, and how the timing affects everything that goes on, but I’m just delighted to be here.

“It’s an opportunity I couldn’t pass up and it’s the chance of a lifetime to come to a club the size of Celtic and work with a manager as good as Brendan Rodgers and a goalkeeping coach like Stevie Woods.

“This is biggest club in Scotland and one of the biggest clubs in the world, so I just can’t believe that I’m here.

“I phoned my dad earlier in the day just to say that I was leaving Easter Road and on the road to Glasgow, and he was buzzing and delighted for me. I can’t believe I was on the bench for Hibs against Celtic last weekend and then, just a few days later, I’m signing for Celtic.

“I’m thoroughly delighted. It’s not something that when I went on loan to Hibs was ever going to happen, so the past few days have been great, and to get it over the line and be here is absolutely amazing.”

The new Celtic goalkeeper had joined Hibernian on loan from Dundee at the start of January, although he hadn’t played for the Easter Road club before the Hoops stepped in following Craig Gordon’s injury against Hibernian, which will see the club’s No.1 out for up to 12 weeks.

And Scott Bain is looking forward to working with his new team-mates.

“I know Stevie Woods from previous games,” he explained. “I was at Dundee for three-and-a-half-years so I’ve played a lot of games against Celtic so I’ve spoken to him before and after games and he’s a great guy, so I’m looking forward to working with him and the whole squad.

“I’ve got full belief in my own ability and I believe I can be at Celtic and perform at this club, and not look out of place here. But, first of all, I need to get in and start working with the boys and get those first few weeks under my belt, and get comfortable and really shine.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Announce lifetime contract