1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotland squad on Ronnys rada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Free_Palestine, Jan 11, 2015.

Discuss Scotland squad on Ronnys rada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeffrey

I'd be happy to leave SPL players unless they were REALLY promising. ie. The hype surrounding the capture of Broony, and missing out on Andy Robertson. We don't need to make other teams in our league weaker to improve/bulk up our squad. Theres a whole team of other leagues, with better options. Besides. When Glasgow Blue come up, we don't want to have paved their way to third/second place by weakening their opposition.

2. Vertie Auld

I don't know where this notion of us weakening other Scottish clubs comes from. Who was the last player we bought from a Scottish Premiership club? Załuska?

I'd rather Robertson, McCarthy, et al. ended up here than down south. Players that are good enough to play for Celtic aren't going to stay at provincial clubs anyway.

3. Born green

Totally agree. I mean if we started buying the likes of McKay, Rankin, Hayes etc then we would be doing nothing more than weakening the SPFL. I.e guys that won't attract much interest down south and end up just being squad players for us.

However, with the likes of GMS, who was going to leave anyway, I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, it is better to keep these players in Scotland so everyone benefits by the standard of football.

We hesitated with Robertson and Russell, both were never going to stay at Utd, and now they are out of reach.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Thought this deserved a wee bump.

So, having signed two of the most exciting Scottish players in the league, we now have a very decent nucleus of Scots in the starting XI, potentially. Gordon, Brown, Armstrong, GMS and Griffiths. Then you have Forrest who will be in and out, likewise Commons.

Are you happy with the growing number of Scottish players and is there anyone else from the SPFL you think we should make a move for in the summer?

5. SonOfAnarchy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Lubo and Virgil Van Dijk
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Mulgrew aswell mate:50:.

I am a big fan of having a nucleus of home grown players in the starting 11 supplemented by some quality foreign talent. As for bringing in anyone else from the SPFL I'm not sure that there is anyone else at the moment I would be targeting, Pawlett and Jack at Aberdeen are good players but not needed here for now.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Forgot all about him.

Agree with what you're saying. I'd love to have a starting XI of 6 or 7 Scottish players with a few foreign players. The thing is, we are more likely to pay higher fees for players from abroad i.e. Scepovic, Pukki etc. Therefore if we did buy a number of players from Scotland for lower fees, the foreign players we could go for may be of a higher quality because we have more money to spend.

All total guesswork but it sounds good.:smiley-laughing002:

7. shaunm

Cant see our next signings being Scottish as we will probably need a centre Half in the summer,Dont think any are good enough