1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotland squad on Ronnys rada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Free_Palestine, Jan 11, 2015.

Discuss Scotland squad on Ronnys rada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Just don't let it happen again :bbpd:

2. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    He's got a * name.... That's what threw me! :84:

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
  4. Maestro 08

Run along.....:bbpd:

5. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Be absolutely nothing wrong with spending our money on players like Ryan Jack, Peter Pawlett and Stuart Armstrong before they move to England. These guys have potential and we'll make some money on them if they perform in Europe.

No point looking at English Based Players on ridiculous money.

6. SonOfAnarchy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Lubo and Virgil Van Dijk
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Agreed 100%:50:

7. shendr18

I am over the moon with this idea. Think back to lisbon lions who were all within a 10mile radius of parkhead.

Gets mentality and ideals of the scottish game. Also cost and devlopment as mentioned earlier in the thread. We should reep the rewards of scottish players.

potential armstrong, fletcher, anya, wee shaun (prob best if he goes elsewhere)

gms
    brown
    mulgrew
    gordon
    griffiths
    forrest
    mcgregor
    henderson
    mcgeough

along with the youth development squad

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Allen(Hibs) and Jamie Walker(Hearts), mybe those examples aren't of the quality we should b looking for, but they're examples of young scottish players who have impressed.

9. scomur1888

Alot of idiots saying we are ruining scottish football again by pinching talent.

I'm pretty sure Dundee United could use some of the 2.5mil for Armstrong wisely and maybe even improve there squad.

Really hope we get the boy think he would be a fantastic signing.

10. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    The lost Gauld and Robertson in the summer but us buying them and keeping them in Scottish football is worse...

11. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley

Since when was Saltcoats only 10 mile from parkhead?! :84:

12. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    They got really good money for them though - which we would never offer. That is much better for them as it will allow them to continue functioning well and even invest in the squad. If we gave them the same sort of cash, then it would maybe be acceptable. However its similar to Germany (on a much lower scale). Bayern continuously buy the best German prospects from other German teams, they are ruining German football by eliminating competition, which in turn lowers their 'product'.

I would agree slightly. The odd one, here and there is ok. However when you do it regularly (which I don't think we will anyway), it is not conducive to a competitive league. Not that it is massively competitive now, however at least they can give us a decent game and do well against the other teams. Our players look better when playing against a decent standard of opposition. If we continuously weaken them, it does not bode well for us either.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Germany just won the world cup and Bundesliga is by far one of the best leagues in the world, both in quality and atmosphere.

German football isn't in the process of being ruined.

14. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Do Munich not have deals with other clubs not to take there best young players ( outwith judus obviously ) agree about the Bundesliga though

15. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Beat me to it. If that's German football being ruined then I cannot wait until Scottish football is in a similarly sorry state.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think what he's meant to say is and it has ruined Borrusia Dortmund.

17. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    I'm well aware German football is good, I'm well aware the atmosphere is good

I never said the German league will be destroyed either. It is being weakened. However as a neutral, the Bundesliga is becoming perilously one sided. This isn't some brand new thought process born from my mind either, there are loads of people out there with the same opinion.

If Bayern didn't buy players from the other Bundesliga sides as much, their league would be more competitive, which again would bode well for them in the long run. The same can be said for us - on a much smaller scale.

Edit: I will take back 'ruining german football'. That was a lazy expression. However it is weakening the Bundesliga. It would easily be the best league in the world if not for Bayern's continuous raiding of Dortmund.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The thing is, you could add in the likesmof Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona to that league and not * one of them would keep up with Bayern.

Bayern are just insane just now.

Saying that, the only thing I tookmexception with there was the ruining German football comment. They've weakened Dortmund, that's true but there is real quality in Germany.

19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I think if we get Armstrong in. The only other SPL Scottish player I would take is John McGinn as a squad player/ future Brown replacement.

20. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We'll need to pay them the best salary we possibly can to scare of the majority of English Championship clubs and a minority of EPL clubs.

If we do that, the young Scots need to believe staying at home and playing for Celtic is attractive through winning titles and cups and consistently participating in Europe and more importantly, earning the best we can pay. None of this negotiating to pay the least!

We need to be seen as a club willing to invest and commit to players, show them that we want the best for them and out of them.

You do that and you can have a core of Scott Browns, committed to staying in Scotland.

Yes there are clubs we won't be able to compete with down south but what we have to do is push it as close as we can with salaries forcing the clubs to look at other options.

Too many players are happy to leave here because we don't recognize them by paying better than rock bottom.

Keep a solid core, pay them decent salaries and we won't need to * 1.5-2 million here and there on unknown Euro projects in the hope they turn into the next Wanyama.

Scottish players will be more inclined to stay in the country than be a journeyman, it can be planned out and worked at. So if it's Deila's intention and he gets the backing then * * I'm delighted. This is one policy I am all for.

The talent seems to be there, we all know their names, we've already missed out on a couple; so we must capitalize on the rest from now on.