1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Deebo, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Ten Thirty Gold Member

Seen a guy get his fingers chopped off, seen a guy with a machete in his head. Seen my mate get stabbed and then face the * who done it while he was still holding the knife. Thankfully he * off. Dragged out of a polis van in a country lane handcuffed and got the * kicked out me, I was a cheeky * to be fair.

Went toe to toe with a whole bar full of huns just me and my two mates. * held our own just long enough for the polis to show up. Long story, worked in Duke St abbatoir and it was a Christmas night out. That was actually kind of fun. :giggle1:

The joys of youth. Thankfully I don’t get myself into situations like that anymore :fear:

2. Sean Daleer Ten Thirty Gold Member

I hate fighting as well. Bit of a shitebag in all honesty and will exhaust every avenue to get out of there peacefully. Sometimes the mind doesn’t play nice though. Not a nice feeling. That’s the scariest part. My own * mind.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Watching Greg Taylor playing in Europe. :fear:

packybhoy likes this.
  4. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Up until the second goal went in V St Johnstone in May 1998.

Wee Baldy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. Sonic Reducer Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    No wonder after working in an abattoir ....
    Certain mindset required there.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Was on a business trip to India and was flying over the alps when the plane hit turbulence. I’ve never been a big fan of flying so even a little turbulence scares the * out of me. Started of just a bit Rocky then quickly turned into what felt like a rollercoaster ride. What scared me the most was one of the air stewards who was walking around had to jump into a seat next to me so he didn’t end up getting launched around, when I looked at his face he looks petrified as well. Plane then took what felt like a massive nose dive and got that horrible stomach flipping sensation. Genuinely thought that was me done and began looking at photos of family on my phone. Went on for what felt like an eternity but probably only around 15 minutes. Pilot later announced it was something to do with the wind generated from the mountains below and that he had to immediately drop thousands of feet to get us out of whatever flight zone was causing the turbulence. Got absolutely reeking straight after it.

Gyp Rosetti and Garrymac1888 like this.
  7. Sonic Reducer Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Had the same experience flying back from the Serengeti to Arusha....small 12 seater plane so could see the pilot and out his window....plane felt and looked like it was going to tip.....

Gyp Rosetti and Gioventu like this.
  8. Sean Daleer Ten Thirty Gold Member

You might have a point actually. Watching a guy saw a coo in half, climb inside and scoop its insides down a funnel just made me want to get down the canteen for some rolls and beef links :giggle1:

Scariest thing about the abbatoir was it’s workforce was 98% hun.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  9. Al Bootyerbaws

I'm no bad on planes but when it starts that carry on and the flight attendants start to look worried that gives me the heeby jeebies. Only happened once or twice, one time when I was hungover coming home from Las Vegas. How I never hut a whitey that day I will never know.

Gioventu likes this.
  10. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    About 7 year ago I got a job as driver/labourer for rough casters. Had only passed my driving test a few months earlier but was confident. Was asked one day to take a couple pallets of stuff up to Fort William which were then to go to Skye.

Was buzzing at the opportunity to test my driving skills in the pickup I had, so I told the gaffer I'd just head straight up to Skye. Some of the roads were tight and going past big HGV's gave me a fright as it felt like I was missing them by a matter of inches. Still was some buzz though.

Then got to a mad mountain pass, a road climbing higher and higher and it was getting dark. That bendy road up the mountain was * terrifying man, not being that experienced it felt like I was about to drop off a cliff at any moment. Absolutely shat it :giggle1:

Was still glad I did it though, what an experience.

dalbeth3 likes this.