1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    someone from here dug him up on twitter and he came back on here and spoke about it. Cant mind what he said tho

2. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I think mine would have to be when I was followed by this * after withdrawing money from an ATM. I was about 17 I think and the guy was just standing next to the ATM machine and I started making noises like spitting. Realised the * was gobbing on the back on my jacket so when I left he started to follow me. Thought "how the * am I gonna get home?" cos where I live was a secluded area, but after confronting him a couple of times in the busy high street he seemed to give up.

3. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    * let me know who you * off so I don't

few years ago with then girlfriend in a taxi in the mountains in morocco looking for a hash farm i'd visited before, 2 other cars tried to ram/run our taxi off the road, luckily taxi driver was good and driving a big old merc so they gave up, found a different farm the next day

Jax Teller likes this.
  4. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    This thread has had me thinking, just remembered another time when i was about 10 or so, walking home from my uncles house to my mums, about a 15 min walk.

Walking along became aware of a guy following me, was roughly in his mid 40s and about 6:5".

Everytime i crossed the road so did he, everytime i stopped to "tie my laces" he stopped.

Was terrifying. Even scarier still is that he done it on at least 4 or 5 occasions, everytime he saw me.

i remember running and jumping into a garden and hiding and he ran past looking about then ran back the way darting his head about obviously trying to find me.

Beast.

5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    got attacked shortly after leaving mass by a hun with a dog chain, wrapped it round his skull, the fear came when his brothers team were chasing me all over the place in a motor, luckily someone they feared put a stop to it by inviting me to their pub with him, never heard a thing about it after, but that walk to their pub wasn't easy

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I was in a cold sweat, lost my hearing and i was in total darkness, i could hardly breathe, it really was frightening.

That's the last time i let Michelle McManus sit on my face......

ChrisMoh likes this.
  7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Unbelievable.

8. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    going to spend a month travelling about moroocco this year.how do you like it?was going to start off Marrakesh then down the coast to agadir then essaouria then head to a place in the mountains called chefchouan.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    How did you get out of it?:56:

10. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Been mugged a few times, got attacked by a dog when I was a wee guy but don't really remember it.
    Nothing major, especially compared with some of the experiences on here.
    Also, last year in work, someone asked if we took back used needles for disposal, he was out his face and whipped one out and went to hand it to me, pure shat it.
    As I say, nothing compared to what others have been through though!

11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Two Thai lads came and chased them away then they gave me a run back into town on their scooter.

Didn't even take the cash I offered them to say thanks.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. stew37

If the doctor's saying that, that's the scariest thing I've read!

I got stabbed when I was younger and I vaguely remember the conversation with the paramedic in the ambulance, telling him I needed to go to a party, but he was forcefully putting an oxygen mask on me saying, no, you're going to no parties mate.

Jax Teller likes this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Got hit on the thigh with a samurai sword just above my knee and needed about 20 stitches.

Been stabbed slashed a few times but I the amount of blood I lost in my leg was mental. Just remember being out my nut in the hospital and having no feeling in my leg after it and thinking the worst.

14. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Said it before but the casual knife culture among young people in Scotland is nuts, I know people who've been stabbed over here but it just seems so widespread over there.

15. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Aye i thought they were supposed to be like "ach you'll be fine" but there ye go.

Need to go to a party :56:

Mental the things that go through your head, i just kept thinking nah this isnae fair im no ready to go just yet :giggle1:

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I know loads of people who've been stabbed or stabbed people when you think of it, quite a few killed by stabbing, seen 6 people being stabbed also. Just seems quite normal but I can imagine if you were from some other country you'd be thinking how do you know about 30 people who have been stabbed or stabbed people.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Getting an operation in a couple of weeks so no doubt that'll take over as my scariest situation.

Even in the waiting room for the pre op last week I nearly whiteyed. Can't stand hospitals, dentists or doctors or that. White coat syndrome or whatever it is.

18. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    My whole life is full of 'how to *' 'what to *' moments, comes with the times and territory here.
    But just this morning while playing fives, I took a hard shot to the side of the head with the ball, just remember not being able to see or hear for about 5-8 seconds.
    Not a big deal normally, but the last time I got hit on the head with a ball like that, I collapsed went into a coma, had brain surgery, family told I would not survive, woke up in ICU paralysed down the left side and spent 6 weeks in hospital and rehabilitation lol and life as I knew it was over.
    That spooked me a bit.
    But the scariest by far was when loyalists tried to pull me into a van. Was about 93-94 at the height of them * pulling us of the streets for romper room sessions or just pulling up beside you and whacking you.
    Used to be a bar beside where I lived called dans, only place you could get a carry out late at night so it was not unusal to be stopped by folks in cars wanting to know where it was.
    Walking home one night and this wee white van pulls up up and asks me where dans was, in an Southern accent, I shouted over the directions, he said he couldn't hear me, walked closer and said again, in my mind the two dozy * hadn't a clue so went closer, and closer trying to explain.
    By this time I'm leaning on the edge of the rolled down window with my arm in sorting of directing them. And they shout 'grab the *' and they tried to pull me into the van. Two in the front one or more in the back.
    Well holy *, fight or flight, I was in full flight mode and after waht seemed liked an enternity of pulling and pushing I got away and bolted. They just sped off.
    When I got home and thought about it. It was the stupidest fake accent I've ever heard. But was just so used to being asked where dans was.
    And how did I get away, apart from the strength of a bull with fear the 3 * had to many arms and we're getting in their own way while trying to pull me through the window.
    If that van had a side door i was going to the Berlin or the Rex for a slow painful romper room death.
    I've got * knots in my stomach now typing this.
    Oh and that was the first and last time I let my guard down.

Just remembered something more about this, which is good because my memory is fooked now.
    The first big wave of this was the butchers, but then there was another wave of it around the early to mid nineties albeit on a smaller scale. But I am pretty sure that one of the butchers or some one close to them was doing it or orchestrating it.
    Someone on here might remember

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    The IRA and TESLA like this.
  19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Reading people's posts in here is making me realise how sheltered a life I've lived so far. :56:

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I count myself ridiculously lucky that I've no been stabbed (Glassed, yes). Had a few pulled out on me and been chased through an estate by Albanian's with with machetes for what seemed an eternity shouting "die English *" ooft :56: no thanks...
    Darting in and out of those wee railings that stop peds driving down estate lane's were also nearly getting me done each time. They were absolutely gonna slash the life outta me..

All started when 2 of them got a slapping and a wee boxer was with us dishing it out to 1 of them for getting cheeky with us telling us to give them lighter and cigarette..

Hid in a house 5 minute's away outside Pepys estate and looking through the blinds in pitch black we could see and hear these *'s running up and down the park still looking for us :fear:

Been around more stabbers than been stabbed and sometimes I think how the * has that boy no died. In a pub one Friday karaoke and it went off outside and boy got plunged, got up running and laughing thinking he'd been punched then collapsed and punctured his lung. For 2/3 weekends running crowd's were coming in with gun's and knew name's the lot..

Had other scares with gun's but and other thing's but it's all the same * and absolutely no a bit of me that's for sure. Getting locked in a lock in as pikeys outside wanting to do the bouncer we were with and watching them on Cctv running wild outside. Same bouncer doing the door and his missus sat with us and * looking for a row. Slagging off her man and I wasn't taking it and he showed me what he had by his belt to which I immediately shat a brick. Wanted to tell her man but she pleaded with me no to. Boy walked out what was a dangerous pub for a variety of reason's. Football thug owner. Local hoodlums and gypsies all plotting at different night's in same gaff. Dump as well..

I read this back and think thank * for my boy as I hardly ever have any grief to these extents since. No coincidence probably although some people are probably * I've no been served up or some other's I've been around. Unlucky, *'s..