1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mince.Charming

Aye thats why I meant if he did end up signing one.

I don't think he'll be on a lot of money considering he signed a new contract not long after just breaking into the team when he was more than likely going to move to Aberdeen.
    I can see why he would want to try and get as much as he could in his last big contract.
    A lot of fans have took that personal and at the end of the day there's no loyalty from players or fans anymore. We should be making sure we are selling players with 2 years to go if they're not signing new contracts.

jake10 likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Much better than last season or so, but that's not exactly hard to achieve.

He worked harder for sure, put in more effort and seemed to get on board with the managers style a lot more than he did with Lennon.

But he's still Ryan Christie and the whole thing is revolving around him in his head.
    Too often he still took the greedy option, at times refusing two passes to better positioned players, only to rocket the ball over the bar.

Credit where it is due, he seemed to do what he was told in parts and certainly played a lot better.

But one game of doing some things correct won't excuse the ego and greed on this guy and excuse his attitude.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He'll be on £15k-ish a week I imagine.

Aye, I don't blame him for wanting to maximise his earnings if that's his goal but given his development at us I would have liked him signing a deal to allow us to pull in a decent fee.

4. Mince.Charming

His ego and greed you've never even met the boy :56:
    He had 1 bad season and wants to get a good deal in his last big contract.
    If he feels his colleagues are paid better he's entitled to look elsewhere and triple his wage.
    Ajer and Edouard are doing the exact same thing.
    It's our fault for letting them run their contracts down and now we're struggling to get the money we want for them

jake10 likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm not really bothered or caring if he wants a move away, not caring if he is paid 15k a week here or 30k a week here.
    Not caring if he can get 30k down south of 300k down south.

When I say greed and ego, I'm not clearly meaning I've met the guy and he's sinking ten beers at one time, eating a cake to himself and stealing my bird off me.

I'm talking about him having opportunities to feed in players who are in better positions, but he takes his egotistical long range shots for his own glory.

If the lad can command a better wage for himself, here or elsewhere, good on him.

Doesn't excuse his greed and ego when on the ball.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. Mince.Charming

I would guess at much less than that tbh. We signed a player from Inverness even if you double his wage and then double it again with a new deal its nowhere near 15 grand.

As I said things turn quick in Football.
    Look at last season. If Christie gets a career ending injury tomorrow. That contract isn't there anymore.
    If Tierney stays and is injured for the last 2 seasons fans turn on him and the ones who criticise him for leaving are saying I wish he * went to Arsenal etc.
    We just need to try and sell players before they get into their last year.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He signed his new deal in November 2018 when he was in brilliant form, just after he set up Eddie's winner v Leipzig.

His agent is also the same one that Armstrong had that always drives a hard bargain.

I'd guess he initially signed at £5k-ish a week and then it was bumped up to around £15k when he broke into the team and was playing well.

8. Mince.Charming

The two seasons before that he was one of our top scorers and assists etc.

He was played out of position and was pish like all of the team.
    His desicion not to sign a new contract has definitely added to the way you feel.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He was a quality player when he played for the team and not for himself. No doubt about it.

Honestly, his contract situation holds no barring on me witnessing him take the glory shot over passing in a team mate.

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    One of the few players in the team suited to the one touch football, our players are still holding onto the ball and taking too many touches for the system to be fully effective, Christie has the skill to adopt the one touch and move philosophy.

In regards to himself, we need to forget about this whole “last season, blew the 10IAR” stuff, it happened, it hurt but it’s not going to change. It’s what players do NOW not what they didn’t do. If you were a footballers dad, watching the team regress under NL would you genuinely want your son to play there? Everything was wrong last season and the season before (the warning signs were there).

We need to move on from the blame game and get behind players, if he doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason that’s his prerogative, he just needs to play for the move he wants.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I thought he was excellent.

12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I've given him a lot of stick over the last 18 months, as I'm sure a lot of us have. I haven't rated him as a footballer, even though I believe he has got the potential to be very good if someone managed to reel him in a bit. Last night, he was excellent. He was energetic, he was making the correct decisions, yes on a couple of occasions he could have done better, that's football. He's never signing a new deal and to be honest I don't want him too. It's time we both moved on, for the good of each other and I couldn't care if he was playing like that to get his move, I only wish the huffy french * up front was doing the same. Fair play to him. I hope he gets his big move, I hope we get a decent fee and I hope we can replace him, even though I don't think we need to. We could use his money to get another position sorted.

13. Big C

Played ok, showed a lot of commitment which should be a given. He’s leaving because he thinks he’s too big for us and doesn’t want to stay. He’s wanted away for a year now hence he hasn’t and won’t sign a new deal.

14. Mince.Charming

A few people have said he's hardly made any money from football on here.

He came on against Hearts at Murryfield on the 28th of October so that's less than a month in the first team. Going into the last 6 month of his contract and before that talks of moving to Aberdeen on a free. I think he would have signed the first contract we offered.
    The two of us are just guessing tbh.
    No matter what, I think people have went over the top.

15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thought he had a great game last night even playing out of position. Can see Ange dropping Turnbull for him next week as Forrest is back with Abada on the left.

Christie is not half an Ange type of player, most fans are never going to come round so probably best for both parties he moves on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

16. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    He looked like someone who was putting himself in the shop window last night. Wants away but there's no interest at the moment.

cat123 likes this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not sure if anyone else has heard the rumour, but seemingly it was not Ange, tactical change or a different position was the inspiration behind his performance. Was all down to one man......... His agent.

Don't shoot the messenger but I've been reliably informed that his agent had a quiet word in his ear before the game telling him the only 2 interested parties were none other than Harlequins and Saracens.

That's what brought around his performance trying to ensure he wasn't going be getting flattened by an 18 stone Rugger player and that his sport was actually football.

18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I will always hate the *. Was extremely lucky to even get a game for us, was subbed on vs Hearts due to an injury and made the most of it. He's the most egotistical, selfish, greedy * I've seen in a long time, and now thinks he's too big and too good for us. Chase the * I say.

cat123 and The Phoenix like this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If his motive for playing well last night was to put himself in the shop window i honestly don't mind that, get shot of him and spend the money on a player that want's to play for us.

As much as it's really important to get new players in, it's also important to get rid of as much deadwood as possible, as in those who are not good enough and those who don't want to be here.

We don't want to be going into a new season with any player that cannot be arsed, or shows a poor attitude.

cat123 likes this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The most telling point of the game for me was when we were awarded a free kick just outside their box and I thought to myself "oh well, another Christie effort ballooned over the bar" however, he chose to slip a wee side pass to Rogic. He would never have done that last season and that together with the effort he put into the game last night was good to see . Maybe he was just trying to put himself in the shop window however, if he gives the same commitment to the team as he did last night, then I don't mind as it benefits the team which is the main thing.

martin_d likes this.