1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Popes 11 Guest

Not that bothered on this tbh. Turnbull is the pick for me for tomorrow.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Keano88

Would have been good to have him as an option.

Looks like Ntcham will start with Brown and McGregor then even though I’d prefer Turnbull.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely would rather have him as an option but I'd be lying if I said I was gutted he wasn't starting/involved..

I'd deffo prefer Turnbull or Ntcham over him tomorrow..

Turnbull, Rogic and Soro possibly is still plenty good enough to call upon..

NomDePlum likes this.
  4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think we have the players who can step in and replace his creativity, but i think from some of the posts its pretty apparent how many under rate his contribution to the team.

When at times we have played pedestrian football which has lacked penetration and urgency, we now criticise Christie for being too direct and playing penetrative and probing passes.
    If we dont have players who are willing to take the risks, then we will struggle to unlock the defences and score the goals that will win us points.

players who can make low risk passes are ten a penny, but its the ones who can make the high risk ones that are hard to find. Christie has won us crucial points this season and he shouldnt be under appreciated, as frustrating as he can be.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i think one of the big reason hes looked selfish and greedy is because the team and players have been off form and looked devoid of ideas and movement meaning hes had to do it all himself more

maybe if the rest of teh team were also working as hard wed have looked a lot better team this year

him missing though has opened the door for turnbull and ntcham

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Even if you wouldn't start him, it would have been nice to have him on the bench but I think we will be fine.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dunno hes been putting me in mind of Commons recently with his greediness and wanting to be the main man

8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Knew Tierney would play due to "Premier League" clearance

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is the one player who would have made a difference yesterday. That * Nicham offered no support what so ever to Jerry, RC would have been there for him.

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Any word of him being at training?

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Creates and scores goals.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can hold his head up..

Assist and ran his * off. That flick to Frimpong..

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

His energy is vital to us.

Dan Breen, The Prof and Keano88 like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  16. Keano88

Great to have him back.

Him and Rogic were big positives second half. Hopefully we’ll see both in the same lineup a lot more often from here on in.

17. wulliebad

sign the contract you bawbag.:78:

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It’s a no brainer for me.

Rogic’s ability to take the ball on the turn and create take a massive amount of the burden off of Christie who has had almost no choice but to force the issue lately and has looked poor at times for it. On the flip side the sheer amount of ground Christie covers is an antidote for Rogic’s lack of athleticism.

Dan Breen, charlietully and Keano88 like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

AT quarter-past two on Sunday, October 28, 2018, Celtic returned to the Murrayfield dressing room tied 0-0 with Hearts in a League Cup semi-final. Having started the match with a midfield five of Callum McGregor, James Forrest, Tom Rogic, Olivier Ntcham and Eboue Kouassi, the Ivorian had made way for Scott Sinclair on 26 minutes after picking up an injury.

At the break, then manager Brendan Rodgers also had to replace Olivier Ntcham for Ryan Christie, who had featured sporadically for the Irishman between back-to-back loan spells at Aberdeen.

By Christie’s own admission, he had struggled to hit the ground running in green and white in the opening stretch of the 2018/19 campaign, and saw this nod in the capital as an opportunity to impress.

Forty-five minutes later and Celtic had defeated Hearts 3-0 to book their place in the final against Aberdeen at Hampden.

Christie won the penalty which put the Hoops one-up. He forced the mistake which saw Forrest bag the second. And he sent a 20-yard screamer into the top corner to make it three, producing a performance that saw him rightly crowned Man of the Match.

The display cemented his place in the manager’s plans and paved the way for his winning goal in the League Cup final a few weeks on. Christie has since helped the Hoops win five trophies, hitting 34 goals and assisting 33 times for his team-mates, ahead of tomorrow night’s UEFA Europa League group stage encounter with Lille.

Two years on since that remarkable game, Christie reflects fondly on the match which made him at the Scottish champions.

“Looking back now, it does seem a while ago in some respects, but it’s been pretty relentless ever since then, to be honest!” said Christie in an exclusive interview with the Celtic View.

“Apart from the lockdown and everything that’s brought, there are so many games here at Celtic. After that game at Murrayfield, I was dropped into the team and then played eight games in six weeks, and it’s been like that ever since. That’s the way I like it, so I’m not going to complain about that at all.”

After being forced into self-isolation, despite returning numerous negative tests for COVID-19, Christie returned to action against AC Milan and now he wants nothing more than to help the Hoops return to winning ways in the games ahead.

“It was frustrating for us not to win against Milan, and then again at Aberdeen on Sunday, and I’m just desperate to help the team get back to winning ways,” said the 25-year-old. “That’s the most important thing for us, and, again, as soon as you have that break personally, it gives you that time to find your love for football again.”

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Caught ball-watching for their first.

You've got to be switched on in those situations.