1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree on your latter point, individual pressing is pointless and actually counter-productive as good teams can pass it round you and then into the space you've vacated.

I think our shape and collective press is something we really need to work on. Too often we look disjointed in the midfield and teams can play it through us.

2. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Since when did he become our dead ball expert

sooner we get him off free kicks and corners the better

ladbroke8 and Dan Breen like this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Same for Scotland, if neither us nor Scotland can come up with a better corner and free kick taker then we’re up * creek.

He hits the odd good one, at best.

Craiglang likes this.
  4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    A bit batcrazy * yourself, what a pile of * that is. You use Rogic as scapegoat in games that he came on as a sub, you saying he was a passenger is your opinion, can't recall too many bad players really.

Your stats, you take either way, the goals your talking about are set pieces, and he ain't all that good at them, but considering Julien notched about 8 or 9 goals will help that. Open play he doesn't contribute nearly enough.

* using Rogic against Rangers is total batshit crazy, everytime we've been best by them he ain't played and Christie has, he missed a penalty last season into the bargain and even in the cup final were FF saved us, who was there? He's a liability against Rangers if you want to start pointing out players, so yeah maybe some of us would take a 60% Rogic, who's to say he is that if doesn't get a game. Go and check how Rogic has fared against them.

I like Christie but he can't lace Rogic boots in that role. Also agree about the amount of crazy shots he takes, he's also super selfish.

Maybe look at Rogics stats including winning goals, then we'll see what is and isn't batcrazy *.

I like Christie, but for me he should not be a guarantee in every game.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:celtman2:

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'll humour this for you.

Stats cover 18/19 - 20/21 seasons. Colour code: Superior, Inferior

Rogic

Games - 57
    Minutes - 3,232
    Goals - 8
    Assists - 11
    Minutes per goal - 404
    Minutes per assist - 293
    Game-winning goals scored in this period - 0
    Game-winning goals assisted in this period - 0
    Last game-winning goal scored - 27th May 2017 (Aberdeen 1 - Celtic 2)
    Last game-winning goal assisted - 19th August 2017 (Kilmarnock 0 - Celtic 2)

Christie

Games - 87
    Minutes - 6,048
    Goals - 32
    Assists - 27
    Minutes per goal - 189
    Minutes per assist - 224
    Game-winning goals scored in this period - 5
    Game-winning goals assisted in this period - 5
    Last game-winning goal scored - 1st March 2020 (St Johnstone 0 - Celtic 1)
    Last game-winning goal assisted - 21st December 2019 (Celtic 2 - 1 Aberdeen)

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Your using the last 2 seasons that Lennon who for some reason doesn't fancy him as a basis for the stats?

I didn't ask that.. And as said Christie takes the set pieces which Rogic never has, that will most definetely be the majority of his assists.

It's not a case that I don't rate him.as I do, but you are basically throwing Rogic under the bus and mentioning about using a Rangers game as a basis for it to which makes it even more bizarre. I'm just flipping it.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Christie only started playing for us in 2018/19, it's the fairest comparison to make; playing under the same manager, with the same team-mates against the same opposition players.

Hold on, I thought he "ain't all that good" at set pieces? ....now you're saying the majority of his high number of assists are from set piece deliveries?

I'm not at all, I like Rogic as a player but the stats are pretty conclusive that Christie is the more effective 10 for us, both in attack and in defence.

I gave the Rangers game example as the poster above said he'd rather have a 60% fit Rogic over Christie. I pointed out the insanity of that comment with an example of a 60% fit Rogic being so bad against Rangers that Sutton said he was moving like an 85-year old OAP versus a 100% fit Christie doing a list of important moments for us in recent years. I didn't think the point was too difficult to comprehend.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We'll just have to disagree on that, stats are pretty much similar overall which to me would be the logical path to take.

For me I personally can't see any big game comparison differences, for me really Rogic is the better in that. Actually I'm wondering out of every current Celtic squad member there isn't anyone comparable with goals/assists in the game overall against them.

The fitness thing is redundant, your either fit or not, your either match fit or not, and if you probably were to put it to test you are good to go if your fit maybe not full games but most definetely make an impact i.e. Ajeti.

That is one major thing that annoys me about Lenny is the match fit thing, he's basically making things up as he goes i.e. Klimala preseason comments etc.

10. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Late sub. Cue his da saying he is undervalued....

11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Such a frustrating player to watch this season. Tries to do things at 100mph and overhits so many crosses and passes, but brilliant delivery for the Forrest goal.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! :67:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. Has to be one of the most frustrating player's we've had in a while..

Does so many thing's that annoy you but let's be honest here, as much as he winds me up....he was easily our motm tonight..

2 assists. Another for Eddy lovely one first half he missed on his left peg and cleverly won a penalty..

You're looking at a frustrating player who should've had a key role in 4 goals tonight and his number's are ridiculous..

Time for other's to step up..

Seán Mac D and Lewis Kerr like this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Two assists tonight. Can’t complain too much.

martin_d likes this.
  15. Foley1888

That is it, he had a game winning contribution and won the penalty which should have been scored as well. However he does need to take better care in possession at times as he does give it away too cheaply.

Callum McGregor and martin_d like this.
  16. apevrak

MOTM tonight

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

2 assists and a pen won and I spent half the time moaning at him for * set pieces or being miles out of position.

Sums him up really :56:

18. celtic warrior

Mcgeadyfied.

Too much is being expected to done by him in games.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This is it..

As much as he winds some of us up. If it wasn't him tonight then who the * was there?

No *..

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly? He's starting to become the 2017-2019 version of Sinclair. Somebody who still contributes goals and assists but whose overall play is pretty muck. If he's still getting the numbers then it's obviously not a bad thing, but i'd love to see the Christie we saw during Rodgers final season.