1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    For me the last couple of league games he has had to push this work rate as he kept giving the ball away. Simple passes going straight to opposition.

Love the guy but needs his feet to keep up with his brain

2. john2061

He needs to come off taking corners can't believe no one else took them after the after the second corner as his delivery was * .
    He was unlucky with a couple of the shots he had as the United keeper played well .

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. apevrak

Christie's been our best player so far this season. Need him tied down to a new contract asap.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

All about opinions but for me that is a mental one.

I think, based on his last season as a guide, he’s started this one very poorly. So much more to come from him.

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

That’s probably his main issue is reaching those heights again with the added pressure of going for 10.

Though I don’t think many of the players have carried their form from last season so far, understandable though after the lockdown and a short pre-season.

6. Foley1888

I feel there is a little bit of a similar scenario to Armstrong going on where his form was badly impacted by the speculation on his future. Where Christie has two years left it was made public we were looking to tie him down to a new deal and it was expected it would be sorted out and announced but this hasn’t happened as yet (not to say it won’t).

The similarity to Armstrong for me is that impacted his form which fell away in comparison to the invincible season. Then even when he signed a year extension it suggested he would be off at the end of the year and he had a poor season.

I just hope Christie’s future can get sorted and then the full focus can be on delivering for Celtic and helping bring home the 10.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s been poor domestically this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. apevrak

Who's been better overall in the four competitive matches we've played so far then?

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL on Ryan Christie: "He’s a top-quality player, so no matter where we play him, whether it be 8, 10 or in a wide position, he delivers with a lot of energy and a lot of quality."

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Eddy scored a hat trick first game of the season, Moi scored 2 but was the best player on the park against Reykjavik.

It’s difficult to give anyone any praise for Killie or Dundee Utd, 2 poor team performances.

Basically it’s difficult to pick a single standout but if forced there’s been half a dozen better than Christie, so far.

11. apevrak

Christie was MOTM for me against United. He was shooting blanks at times, but was pestering the United defence all game. His shot at target essentially created a chance big enough to score on. He was also the only one who got passing marks from me against Killie. He had good games against Accies and KR as well. All in all he's been our overall best performer so far IMO. What he doesn't deliver in goals and assists he delivers in pressing opposition high in the pitch, comparable to the job Thomas Müller does for Bayern. The boy also got some motor and physique in him. How people don't see the work RC lays down for the team is beyond me.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It’s definitely different, we wanted to put Armstrong on a longer deal but he wanted the move down South and by the time he signed the deal his head was already turned and he was away the next window.

Christie just needs to keep himself grounded and not believe his own press, just keep working and the form will come. I don’t think he’s the type of player to get distracted by off field stuff.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's been that many to go at tonight that his shambolic wee dragback that he tried 4 yards out to equalise has gone under the radar again..

As unforgivable as anything else that has happened during or since..

I'll wake up in cold sweats at that later on. 4 yards out, centre of goal and on his left peg to equalise before half time.......Jesus..

steg likes this.
  14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont Hamilton at home and Reykjavik is any kind of indicator of a players form. We should be rolling over the top of teams like them.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just get the feeling he thinks he’s better than he really is.

What he is, is a guy who runs and runs all day, and scores some goals. He’s not a great footballer. And he shouldn’t be seen as a creator in our team.

The difference between him and Ely, on the ball, is night and day.

LloydsGamble and MacEwan like this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Thats 2 games from the 4 competitive games we’d played. What else do you want to use? The standard of opponent is immaterial.

17. wulliebad

At the time i thought the balls speed caught him out and he just wanted to try and get a effort on goal rather than him being smart or clever.....but i would need to see it again in the cold light of day so to speak.

18. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I dont know about his attitude of the park but to me when he steps on the pitch for us he gives 100 per cent and did so last night. I thought christie, mo, and nitcham were by far our best players .

19. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I like Christie alot without his shot last game we dont get the Ajeti goal, goal last night when played out of his position.
    He might be a bit greedy at times but i like that he tests the keeper regularly instead of this pishy walking the ball into the net.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Last two games he’s really * me off.

That free kick went to his head. The amount of shots he takes, cutting in on his left and shooting. It’s so wasteful, he’s so * greedy.

I don’t even need to mention the back heel attempt.