1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Lennons_Ghirl, Sep 29, 2005.

Discuss Roy Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seosamh Máirtín

Depends what you mean, but the team when Roy came into during the early 90's with Charlton still in charge was full of big experienced pros and he absolutely strolled it from day one. The guy just has character in spades and would die for the cause. I absolutely love him and take his word as law. If he says Walters is what he is, then I'm gonna assume he's telling the truth. He isn't wrong on the performance of the lads in recent times.

2. Seosamh Máirtín

No, he's not. Alex may be a Prod, but he isn't a Hun. Christ, he even married a Catholic and then was disowned by Rangers and forced out the door despite being their best striker at the time.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I like Keane, he was a great player, but the guy is a total * lol, no gettin away from it.

4. Seosamh Máirtín

Totally wrong there, but OK. Also he has a rake of kids, so imagine getting his hole isn't a problem for him.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Totally wrong there, aye? :56:

Give me a rundown on his successful managerial career, I must have been in a coma.

Also, poor weans and poor wife. He’d have been telling her how * a ride she was whilst she was getting done doggy style.

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He doesn't give a flying * who he insults, but by * he can't handle it back. He's had a grudge with anyone who dares to speak negative of him, but his career now is to do that to others.

Still think he's brilliant though.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. cammy07

Hi Roy

MacEwan likes this.
  8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Hes a complete *

Marty McFly and PaulM1888 like this.
  9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    His comments about Walters were absolutely cuntish, he's also boring as * when he talks about Ferguson been saying the same old stuff for years.

10. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Great player, legend etc but I think he's an absolute weapon man.

Doogs. likes this.
  11. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

honestly, I like him think he spoke honestly which is unusual in the modern-day..... is he the perfect human far from it but at the end of the day at least he lived by his own rules

TheHappyLoss and StPauli1916 like this.
  12. Seosamh Máirtín

Do a Google search next time, mate. Save me the typing.

Took over a relegated Sunderland side, who were in danger of getting relegated to League 1. Guided them to promotion in first season despite the odds. The fact that they won the division outright is unreal. Kept them up the following season, too. We've seen recently how challenging a club they are. This alone should've helped him get offers for bigger clubs.

Why he chose to go to Ipswich, I don't know, but he didn't get backed there and unsurprisingly struggled. Mick McCarthy, one of the most experienced men in the country, just had an average stint there. It is management *. Roy still had them taking some fair scalps and weren't far off playoffs, though. His future in management looks unclear, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back in in the near future.

Not going to explain the other *, your a melter who booed Larsson so are barely worth even replying to.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He is a managerial failure. Utterly inept, complete lack of man management, couldn’t spot a player if it hit him in the face and tactically brutal.

Over and above all that he is almost as passive aggressive as you. Heid the baw.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can't say Keane is a bawbag as I like him and I actually like how outspoken he is.....on certain thing's.......but..

Let the Fergie thing go man. It runs deep and I get that but Fergie has always been ruthless. Beckham and Van Nistlerooy two examples..

As for the hun comments..

Some should educate their selves..

Lenny has spoken loads of time's about Fergie being his mentor. He was Jock's assistant..

He has been up in recent year's for Celtic speeches and nights in glowing terms..

His brother correct me if I'm wrong used to run a bus to us from Govan and his boy Darren was also a Tim. As well as hating the bigotry due to his wife so the huns * him off..

If he's a proper Hun then I wouldn't hate them as much as I do..

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That full 2 hour interview/discussion is a good watch.

On one hand I respect that he just sort of speaks his mind and doesn't give a * what others think of him, and I do believe him when he says there's more to him than just being aggressive and shouting at players. But he's also a bit of a *. Can't be denied.

16. Seosamh Máirtín

1 title at a club that's been relegated and in threat of another doesn't make you a failure, ya *. Certainly not when you secure their safety the following season following your promotion. Love to know what you consider success.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How were they in danger of being relegated? It was 4 games into a 46 game season. Nobody knows what would have happened.

There’s also 10+ years between these timeframes you’re talking about to compare Sunderland and Ipswich now to then. Martin Bain, the CEO causing the majority of the struggle there wasn’t near the club until 2016. So I’m not buying that pish.

He had one good season. Doesn’t make you a good manager.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    His dad wasn't though ran the supporters bus from neptune Street in govan

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    49 year old and still tries to the hard man act.

Shat it from John Walters.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

I'd imagine Ferguson is still a Rangers "supporter" to some degree, therefore Rangers supporter = Hun.