1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rangers could face stadium closure over chants

Discussion in 'World Football' started by bondibob, Mar 25, 2006.

Discuss Rangers could face stadium closure over chants in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Soapbar01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakemura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    If you are talking about the Uefa Cup Final, there was loads of Scottish flags in the Celtic end!

2. liamsquire

A tricolour is not a sectarian emblem and nor is a Union Jack. Songs that are offensive to religions, flags of terrorist organisations (UDA, IRA, etc) ARE sectarian.

I know you have not said the Tricolour is a sectarian emblem but many people do and it is ridiculous.

I don't believe for a second anyone at Celtic Park has a hang up about Scotland and its flag. I respect it as much I do the flag of my own country.

I have to admit that when I've been at Celtic Park in recent times, I haven't heard nor taken part in any sectarian songs. The Bhoys against Bigotry campaign, started all those years ago has finally shown its results.

There will of course be some people who DO still sing sectarian songs, but it is the minority which is great as there are many protestant Celtic fans/players and staff.

I take great offensive to anyone labelling my coutry's flag as sectarian. That in my opinion is sheer ignorance and a joke!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  3. Murphy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley + You'll Never Walk Alone
    Your talking * :84:

[​IMG]

4. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Murph !! you missed one :celt_2:

5. Rosco67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That's not bigotry you clown

That's because Barcelona consider themselves to be Catalan, no?

6. louise

am i missin sumfin here? is there not an ORANGE walk, is there not ORANGE lodges, is there not men who openly call themselves ORANGEMEN???? so why is it wrong if we call them dirty orange *? is it the dirty or * bit that offends them?

byebye castlegreyskull and all who dwell within lol