1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

**question for ADMIN**

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Sep 26, 2013.

Discuss **question for ADMIN** in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Seen a couple of comments that I think may have alluded to the fact that some posters may - if I'm perceiving it correctly - are somehow put off arguing against posters with higher post counts? Or may feel intimidated in some way?

Would it be an idea if the post counts were scrapped then if some peoples are somehow uncomfortable about them?

2. Markybhoy

Every forum I have ever frequented has had visible post counts and it hasn't been a problem. I don't see any reason why it should be an issue on this forum.

Maybe if people are feeling intimidated, or feel discouraged from debating with certain posters, it has more to do with the style in which certain members post. My own personal belief is that some of us regulars forget that newcomers to the forum, or people with low post counts, can feel a bit intimidated about getting involved and don't feel confident about putting their opinions out there. I know that probably sounds daft but it really is the case for some folks.

Perhaps our more regular members could be a bit more aware of this and try to engage in debate with newer members rather than just shooting them down in flames? I think that would be a more effective solution than just removing the visibility of people's post count.

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Ok, just wondering :50: