1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 18, 2017.

Discuss PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    The quicker we get it out our heads that this is a dead rubber, the better. We could throw a spanner in the works for PSG’s CL campaign, and give our brothers in Munich a hand, if we stop them finishing 1st. A result could also keep us in the top 4 3rd placed teams, not to mention securing Europa league football, and keep us seeded for the last 32 draw, which will likely keep us away from Napoli for a start. Obviously we’re being told we literally have no chance, but PSG aren’t going to keep winning forever, and it’s only a matter of time before this super team gets a fright off someone they expect to steamroll. They aren’t the best team ever assembled, however their attack is nothing short of frightening. Play with intent to get a result and who knows what the 90 minutes will hold.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Deco67, McManus4, Fully87 and 3 others like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* right!!!! Folk who say this is a dead rubber are just * scared of a tanking and it makea them feel better. Man city was indefeated until we took them fearleasly. Time to * psg up. 3-3.

Fully87 likes this.
  3. Dallas Cowbhoys

3-0

Dembele hat trick

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye lets do that , we played Bayern 3 days before the semi against HIBS and rested no one for the bayern game , then humped Hibs 4-2 , albeit we got beaten by Bayern.

So strongest team for PSG

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. ddub11

While it was highly unlikely at that stage had we had beaten Bayern we would have been in with a chance of second so it made sense to play a full strength team.

While at this stage second place is gone and we should hold onto third as long as we do better head to head against Anderlecht so giving the game we have on Sunday i cant see the point in risking players to injury .

Why do you think we should play out strongest team?all things considered.
    Even if we were to win, 2nd place will be highly unlikely.

6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Anderlect could beat Bayern for a start, that could throw a spanner in your plans

7. Diamond D

Also, the more points we have the better our chances of being seeded for the EL draw. We are unlikely to get even a draw over there, but why not try our best and give our team valuable experience?

Unfortunately we can no longer finish 2nd regardless of results, not just highly unlikely

pete0301, StPauli1916 and Fully87 like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Do you think these young players sign here for a cup final? Thats a bonus to them. It is only about champions league.

"Sign for celtic and since were no gonna be 2nd we'll rest you, even though you know, we promised you champions league football."

9. ddub11

You said it yourself we are unlikely to get even a draw and thats why i think its a risk not worth taking with our strongest team when we have the game on Sunday.

10. ddub11

Im not saying never play them in CL,every situation is different when we play Anderlecht i would play our strongest team if the need be but tomorrows game i just think we should rotate the squad giving our game on sunday.

Player sign to play every game for Celtic not just CL.

11. Diamond D

Because it goes beyond this one game. What the players may learn from tomorrow could benefit them greatly in their careers and subsequent matches against similar opposition.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I thought the game was on Wednesday , thank * its Tuesday one more day of rest!!

:fear::eek1::fear:

13. ddub11

Fair enough but look we have a big squad of players who could all do with the experience not just our strongest 11.

14. ddub11

My bad:50:

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  15. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If Anderlecht take anything off Bayern I will eat my proverbial hat.

16. Sween

I wouldnt mind if we rotated quite a few players on wednesday with the cup final in mind. I think we need to keep rotating anyway given the volume of games we are playing. I think fielding the reserves risks an absolute humiliation but I wouldnt play anyone who isnt 100% or is considered crucial for sundays game. I appreciate that it isnt a romantic notion to rest players in games you are almost resigned to losing but I think it is pragmatic given the cup final on Sunday.

17. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Was convinced this was tomorrow, * sake just want it out of the way.

18. 67goodyear Gold Member Gold Member

Strong team for me and a wee prayer that no one gets injured. The players themselves talk about their great fitness levels and if they can't dig deep for a CL game and a cup final then they have a problem.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

I said what? I said 1-0 win to Celtic

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another chance for BR to find a way to play against these types of teams. I'm liking the system we used against Bayern though. A few tweaks and we could be there.

StPauli1916 likes this.