1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Prometheus: Ridley Scott kickin' ass, again

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Seosamh Máirtín, May 1, 2012.

Discuss Prometheus: Ridley Scott kickin' ass, again in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markos1972

For me,answered a few questions but posed many more,and left more unanswered.
    Visually was stunning,esp the starmap stuff.
    Nothing set in stone but I believe its gonna end up a trilogy.

2. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, YNWA, Over & Over
    I cant help but think if this was maybe intentional. Scott was already hinting at sequels etc before the release.

1. I'd like to know what the engineers where actually doing and their plan. The gave no answers or clues whatsoever. There's theories that the Engineer at the start is creating life on earth 2000 years ago, but again there's no concrete answers.

2. Why they were wanting to wipe out mankind in the first place. We never got an answer or clue to this either.

3. This might just be me and they explained it. But why did the Engineers all go mad in the first place? The holograms shown them all running about mad? Like i said they maybe explained this somewhere and i missed it. And why was the big bad * engineer the only survivor? From what i read on the new someone brought up a good point. He was relatively calm up until David spoke to him. So what did David actually say?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Seosamh Máirtín

Not out here until Thursday...:48:

And I can't get a hold of the other Alien films to give them a re-watch. Everywhere seems to have them rented out. *, may just watch them online.

4. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That extra weeks wait wouldve been too much for me mate! Tbh if your looking to recap by watching the original then dont worry about it too much. they have nearly nothing to offer for Prometheus. Minus the Space Jockey.

5. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Is it worth going to see? Was planning on going this week.

6. ORIGINALS

It was ok, could have been alot lot better imo. Because the team behind it presume there will be a sequel, they left out some things that could have been interesting,to use in a sequel. It just wasnt very interesting, the effects were brilliant, but there was literally no suspense it didnt have any sort of comic relief. To sum up, loads of flaws, but if you love sci-fi, it would be worth a watch.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Really looking forward to this :50:

8. Celticbhoy111

I didnt like it much tbh, But im not the biggest sci fi fan either mind you. Was expecting a little more action if truth be told

9. Seosamh Máirtín

:97: Take it you've never seen the others?

10. samaras_sword

Absolutely hated Prometheus.

*SPOILERS*

Terrible script.

Terrible characters - what was the point in Charlize Theron being in it!?

Terrible make up - Weyland's make up....REALLY?!?!

Man, there was so much I hated in this film...totally ruined the origin of the space jockey for me (the species as opposed to the individual one in Alien)

David was pretty good...but then everyone else was *...

and finally - 'Father...' FFS!!!!

11. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ADDITIONAL SPOILERS AHEAD

Totally agree. I like sci-fi and I also like movies who do not explain everything, but Prometheus was really *.

Good points: art direction was stunning and the David character was a bit interesting (Fassbender was great as usual).

Negative points: everything else, in particular the bad script. The script, characters' motivations in particular, simply did not make sense. It has more plotholes than Scott's Robin Hood.

I even prefer Event Horizon (because it is scarier) and Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (because it was funnier - "Why does * need a spaceship?" - that is the question that should have been asked when encountering the engineers) over this pile of crap.

Oh and the last ten seconds were absolutely cringeworthy (I already figured out by then what the connection was with Alien). It might be suitable as an easter egg or as post-credit scene (like in some Marvel movies), but not as the end of the * movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  12. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:

The reason beind this is that one of the co-writers has over 20 years experience or there abouts writing tv shows funnily enough.

That seems to be a common gripe amongst alot of people - the lack of character development. Its like the crew were written to die but then again if you think about it if any of them survived then Wayland etc would be well aware of the threat. So really they had to die off.

What do you mean by ruined the origin of the space jockey? I thought that was one thing that seemed alright tbh. Makes sense from a story POV.

I thought the ending was the pinnacle. We never truly knew for sure where the alien came from. Be interesting to see what the next move is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  13. Harry Caray

Aliens & Alien: Resurrection are more action, especially Aliens

14. PaddyBhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I actually loved it. Lots hate it as I can see, but I loved it. Thought the ending was brilliant too.

15. HenryKrinkle

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  16. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Possible Spoiler -
    I thought it was good, well paced. Fassbender brilliant as usual. It is a bit confusing at times, but that is because they will want a sequel to explain some things.

The one thing they could have done better with is the characters and actors playing them, they weren't 'strong' enough, the french woman was no ripley. I think the lack of a dominant character let the film down slightly.

Also the ending which reveals the origin of the 'Alien' was good to see, over time it obviously perfects itself to become the alien we see in the alien trilogy.

If there is a sequel then i look forward very much to seeing it and getting some answers.

17. Seosamh Máirtín

I absolutely loved it.

18. Harry Caray

I thought the Scottish woman was terrible in it, was like she was a teenager in a school play reading her lines !

19. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Aye, it was a bit cringe when she was speaking, she would have been better being the female version of scotty from start trek, 'she cannae take it captain'.

Although there was a huge cheer in the cinema at the beginning when it went, 'isle of skye, scotland'. Gave me a chuckle.

20. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:

In fairness, they were never going to be able to replace Ripley so i guess they never tried to.