1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Signings / CL Game

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dip 'n' Swerve, Aug 23, 2013.

Discuss Potential Signings / CL Game in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dip 'n' Swerve

Find it hard to believe with fellow hoop fans that lack of belief that we can attract a few so called big players in for the season..

1. this is world cup year so for any striker ( who are the most selfish bunch around ) to get a chance to play in the CL and get his name in the shop window for his national team would be an opportunity they SHOULD jump at.

2. Hooper - WHEN the hoops make the CL this year, it will be interesting to see what may have happened if hooper had have stayed... now that ricky lambert seems to be getting a chance i think hooper will not have a sniff!

3. Players we can attract on loan.. is it too much to try and go for Defoe, Xherdan Shaqiri ( former basle now bayern can do a job on right wing ), becchio, Ivica Olic ( he have man u a horrible time a few years ago for bayern, victor moses, carlton cole ( free agent!), chris samba, podolski,

4. How to address the long throw ins this coming week...
    - keep the 6 yard box a player free area so that forester can handle / punch the ball - though he had a wobbler with that in the previous game

- avoid giving needless throw ins in our last 1/3

- having did my uefa a licence, i would recommend.. 3 players along the 6 yard line.. each 5 yards apart, open body stance and the space in front is your area to defend.. call in zonal but it can work if you run through it on the training ground.

call me mad.. but rory delap is a free agent.. can we not get him up to lennoxvale and work on these situations on sunday and monday.. PRACTICE MAKES PERMANENT!!

5 - I believe if we get a goal in the first 25mins this team will crumble, we need a full house, get the place bouncing!!

Hail Hail over and out all the way from Mount Isa, Australia.

2. Bangarangura

those player suggestions are absolutely horrible though

3. SpellCheck92

Podolski, Defoe, Shaqiri ? :smiley-laughing002:

All those players played key parts for their clubs last season. Becchio is the only realistic suggestion there. Quite a good suggestion actually.

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Shaqiri, Moses, Samba and Podolski... ffs :56:

5. Dip 'n' Swerve

Point proven...

lets settle for liam boyce of cliftonville or doncasters top goal scorer...

too many fans settle for players at bottom of the bucket.

id happily see celtic lose 1-0 and see them play pro active football rather than win 4-0 in a sloppy larry long ball style.

so playing in front of 60,000, top seller of shirts, world cup year could ping 30 goals, play CL football ( hopefully) , we think we could not attract a top striker? feel free to ping in some names thats in your heads

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

hoolahan is another player id throw a 4/5 million .. he was fantastic last season, link up midfield and strikers.. with exceptional work rate.

7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Can you hook me up with whatever your smoking?...I think some of our fans overestimate us as a club.....we play in a tin pot league remember

8. Goal

You'd throw £5 million at a 31 year old?

9. Bangarangura

whats your opinion on sonic mexican wave attacks? im intrigued

10. Goal

That's it.. Keep believing the ignorant English.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This thread has sprinklings of win in amongst a pile of fail.

12. Bangarangura

i like the mutant amalgamation of forster and forrest, a frightening prospect, i think you may be on to something with that one

13. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    We play in a league where we are 40/1 on, to win it....we played absolutley gash on Saturday and still swept aside our nearest "title rivals" with ease.....until we play in England or are part of an Atlantic league or the SPL takes a miraculous turn in fortune then we are not going to be able to sign Jermaine Defoe, Podolski etc.....Infact we sell our best players to Mid table EPL teams, so why would Lukas Podolski and Jermaine Defoe come here in the prime of their playing career?

14. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I don't think they'd get a game to be honest.

15. Dip 'n' Swerve

with todays training and fitness regimes game more and more players are playing past 36.. hoolan has plenty left in him.. 4 / 5 years easy considering he keeps himself injury free.

if you watched him last season he was immense, playmaker for norwich.. plays similiar to silva and mata. appeal of CL might lure him.

considering donati came for 4mill, id say for sure. what he would feed a striker, he would be worth his weight in gold.

tin pot league..? i see it as progession.. st johnson are making strides in europe, new scottish manger who will kick things on.. mourinho, avb, moyes... so there is the infrastructure there.

problem to get out of this tin pot idea is play the season from feb to nov. similar to scandaniva counties and russia. better pitches, less injuries more competitve league.

16. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Forget that mate, we aint an english team....

17. Dip 'n' Swerve

world cup year.. they would come for CL games and media spot light.
    6 month loan spell ?

dont ask you dont get!

how did sutton come, and larsson then they were no second hand buys!

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Really?

I thought we played quite well at the weekend.

19. Dip 'n' Swerve

atlantic league? ryanair are bad enough without being carted across to new york to watch the hoops!!

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    You don't ask you don't get is right....but if you keep asking then we get egg on our face when they don't want to come....An example is that Arntauvoic who isn't exactly a household name but would rather stay at a mid table Bundesliga club