1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

I can't remember what game it was but we had conceded from a penalty and a set piece and after the game Lennon made a comment as if it was nothing to do with him and it's just one of those things. The game the other week against Hibs, as soon as Laxalt gave away the freekick, you just knew what was coming next. It's a shambles how bad we are at defending our box when balls come into it. It would be interesting to see how many goals we have conceded this year from set pieces and penalties. It's been a lot, I know that.

Pearse67* likes this.
  2. Pearse67*

Lawwell!

3. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    It annoys me to hear myself complaining. I started going in late 1992 and when you went through watching Liam Brady and Lou Macari's teams its very difficult to be too * off at winning 9 in a row and the past 12 available domestic trophies. Until Tommy Burns won the Scottish Cup in 1995 we hadnt won a trophy in 6 years and had finished 4th two seasons in a row. The younger generation of supporters might not understand what Im talking about.....but those who suffered the pain will Im sure. But living in the past doesnt work.

By all rights we should be light years ahead of sevco by this point. If the massive amount of revenue we took in over that period was used in the correct way then we would be light years ahead of them...thats simple facts. And another fact... and its painful to hear, but they have used what revenue they've had to much better effect than us. They are a better team than us and have a better manager and coaching set up at this point in time. That is * unforgivable given the financial advantage we have had over them since 2012. Absolutely unforgivable.

The Celtic support will never forgive this regime for letting 10 in a row slip from our grasp because it should have been living on easy street. The bookies are seldom wrong and we were massive favorites to win the title this year. Taking the cheap option and forcing our fans to accept mediocrity (and * worse than mediocrity this season) should be the death sentence for this board, and they * deserve everything thats coming to them. We dangled a noose at Kevin Kelly in 1993 for what him and his cronies done to the club. I actually believe Lawell and Desmond are worse

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

To be fair;

Compper came in with a good pedigree. Monchengladbach, Hoffenhiem, Fiorentina, Leipzig. The problem was he hadn’t played much before he came in and he’d had injuries. He also fell out with Hasenhuttl, which is a character issue. The medical staff have are as much to blame. I don’t think he would of been that bad a player if he’d played.

Same goes for Shved, no doubting ability with him but there’s a character issue there. Do scouts cover character?

I liked Eboue when I saw him, but it would be interesting to see what his longest span of games was. £3m was ridiculous though. But that’s not a scouting issue again.

No doubting Arzani’s talent either. He had a horrific injury on his debut, not a scouting issue.

Hendry I think buckled under the pressure of playing for Celtic and he’s not built to play for a team on the front foot all the time. That was horrific scouting.

Can’t explain Benyu. Very strange.

Scouts are never going to have a 100% success rate. There’s many things that have caused signings to fail for us and it’s not always ability.

5. shieldsybhoy

Interesting the links to Xabi Alonso & Xavi - i reckon one of them may not actually be a bad shout. Genuinely, although its taking a more Rangers - Gerrard approach. With Howe, you know he will just want the next available Prem job when it comes up, regardless of who it is. At least Brendan had some sort of standard when it came to that.

shaunm and The67Sound like this.
  6. Dip 'n' Swerve

not manager related per say.. but I know Damien duff left due to family reasons …. he left fai post last week, could we bring him back for the rest of the season, bring in scott brown to help coach and go for eddie howe or that german guy Klopp admires.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Are you suggesting duff as a coach or the manager? Whoever the manager is (I'm sold on Howe or cocu) they should be allowed bring in their own coaches. Duff appears to be a great coach but he seems too inclined to jump ship.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. Dip 'n' Swerve

If duff can come in now Id take him to assist with coaching on a day to day basis (until the board decide what is actually happening) etc, the player seems to click with him - he knows the players, the club and environment etc.

Strange why he jumped ship, I heard family reasons, it is not as if he was working halfway across the world, but I also can show empathy and understand.

Another body to stand beside lennon, esp if the board decide to hold on any decision until the end of the season.

coco? be of a gamble any reasons for him out of interest.

I am big on manager who loves getting out onto the training ground and doing the drills - not all the time but heavily involved etc - Rodgers, Klopp etc this is what players seem to thrive on rather than roy keane landing in a helicopter and watching sessions.

9. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I'm pretty sure Desmond's main interest in us was to make money if we join the EPL. We were an object of speculation and maybe a bit of a status symbol. If he would really be a supporter he would have never let us implode from the position of strength we were in. All the were there to be successful in Scotland and Europe. But now we're the laughing stock of Europe. Clubs like Cluj and Ferencvaros are happy to draw us in the qualifying rounds.
    Desmond is part of the problem and not the solution. As long as he's here we get max 2-3 years where we use our ressources properly and then go back to save money mode. He's a * without any ambition for our club.

The67Sound and The Dude like this.
  10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Stan wanting Roy Keane.

11. The Dude

He is everything that is wrong with Lennon, only worse. He has done nothing as a manager or coach to even merit consideration.

seanm, scuzzy and david100825 like this.
  12. The Dude

We can hire people who have no connection to the club or even Scottish football.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

We can, but we probably won't.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Howe linked with Newcastle * depressed now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. sutton1020

Moyes ,can we afford him would he leave the hammers

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s zonal marking players have been confused by it I’d prefer man marking and staying goal side to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. DonnyCelt

We'll miss the boat with Howe i reckon. We never move quickly.

18. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    We do when it's ST renewal time !

19. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Gonna be Lennon till end of season isnt it

Peej likes this.
  20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Apparently big money to get rid of Bruce, not saying we will get Howe but maybe unlikely to Newcastle

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk