1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Slept on it, still don’t want this Aussie guy. I see fans are now trying to talk themselves around etc.

Not for me, I have a horrendous feeling that he will come in, we will hand them another title and then he is binned off and we have to get rid of the players he has brought in and get more deadwood off the books.

People might go on about tactics and his football style but this guy hasn’t managed in Europe.

We don’t have a * structure in place to identify targets and is he just going to accept any players put forward by a tiny scouting team?

it’s * frightening that it’s all come to head right now.

I am literally scunnered! Absolutely sick about it all.

2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes Mooy is on huge wages but after being in China for a year under the current conditions he might change his priorities. If Mooy comes to Celtic, he would most likely get wages in the top of the Celtic wage structure.

Mooy definitely has a couple of good seasons left in him at the top of the game and that’s all Ange would need out of Mooy to establish his style at Celtic. Champions League football would be another lure.

For those questioning Ange Postecoglou’s ability, I’ve always thought of him as a better manager than Lennon and more like Rodgers. It’s just that he started his managing career in Australia and not in the UK that some are spitting the dummy. If Celtic got Howe, all the money would be going to the staff and not into getting in the best bhoys to wear the hoops.

3. Paul McAuley

Absolutely spot on. This club needs open heart surgery. Bringing in a guy that operates in inches and not centimetres is ridiculous.

If they bring in an unknown quantity, infact anyone who doesn't come with a guarantee of at least competing they will Alienate alot of the support. 3 months waiting on a guy then serve us this up as a manager thats never managed in Europe?

Coaching qualities great but this club has less than two months to get about 15players out and 10 in. That will not happen with a manger with no contact list. Handing them the league and the UCL pot at the end of it.

4. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This is spot on.

After all this time, the club goes for a guy who has never managed in Europe?

Could be that he's the only one prepared to take the job with JK and GS as his sidekicks.

Jesus wept.

5. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This guy will be hounded out after 1 poor performance

6. DonnyCelt

Woke up hoping it might have been a bad dream, * sickening the state we're in. How the * can you go from a position of such strength to this in less than a year.

* shambles from top to bottom. I just cannot get my head around going from Howe to this guy. We are NOT a big club anymore. We are run like a * Sunday league team.

No ambition at all. Just constantly trying to see if X Y and Z will work out instead of having a solid plan.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We went all in Howe the plan Bs or Cs if there where any have new jobs.

Also Celtic have leaked this guys name deliberately

8. DonnyCelt

Yet the ex Dortmund gaffer has admitted he's interested in the job and we seemingly couldn't give a *. We'd rather go for a guy who's only experience in Europe was managing a Greek third division side..

9. Foley1888

My big issue with this is how do we attract the right calibre of player given the size of the rebuild we have on our hands with a manager who is relatively unknown?

When Eddy, Ajer and the rest all go we have one decent shot and getting this right in terms of starting to build a team and footballing model to take us forward.

Under a guy like Harkin with his contacts and a coach like Howe who has the lure of being well thought of in EPL circles you could see a way of attracting decent players. Now I fear it will be a lot of unknowns that might lack that two or three experienced guys you need in a team.

Being honest it feels a bit Ronny Delia all over again, a guy with good philosophies thrown in without his own folk around him and hoping for the best.

10. jambo_cfc

Board new the deal was * before the season ticket release !

Sgt Neppers*, fms06 and Artorias like this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we're going for someone who has managed in Asia, I'd like Carlos Queiroz. Skilled defensively oriented manager, out of a job.

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still trying to get my head around this madness. Came to the conclusion that the people who run Celtic have a proper dislike of the Celtic fans. These * are 100% doing this * on purpose.

This Australian guy, just incredible this is what they are now touting. Did they learn nothing with Ronny? You can have all the coaching ability in the world but it ain't goanny help in dealing with the rat press in this hun infested shitehole. It will be constant jibes if this guy comes in and he'll get shown zero respect. Swimming against the tide from the get go.

It has to be someone of stature who has earned a big name in the game, anything less will not do. And we also need a new PR strategy and to dish the aloof 'we are morally better than you' pish. It's time for radical change now, we need to grab this by the * balls and start slapping huns about.

Martybhoy53 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I've slept on it.

Gently wept at what's happening at my club.

Going back to * bed.

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I know your trying to find the positives lecter but this guy has a record of failing I only have to point out at Aberdeen they made glass their manager and I can already see that’s a mistake reason I’m using his name is his record at Atlanta reserves was shocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LectersLuncheon and DonnyCelt like this.
  15. DonnyCelt

Only difference being Ronny knew he was going to win the league. Was the perfect appointment for the board at the time with little to no competition domestically.

Now we needed a completely different approach and a guy like Howe with his knowledge and experience, along with a DOF, was imo the perfect answer with what is at stake, automatic CL qualification for the league winners.

We are about to hand that straight to the huns.

Hiring the aussie fella reeks of pure neglect. He's connected to the city group which is connected to none other than Lawwell jnr.

The cheap option, a yes man of epic proportions who'll just be thrilled for the opportunity to manage here and will no doubt have Kennedy and Laptop forced upon him.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'll join you. Dont tell your wife x

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  17. john2061

I rather this useless * board took another week to sound out managers rather than panic like * and bring in * Skippy .
    Go and ask duff or McCarthy somebody rather than this no mark .

18. Pearse67*

John kennedy, gavin strachan and ange * postecoglou!!

Holy sweet mother of christ!!

how we arent 100 miles infront of the rest of scottish football considering what happened is beyond belief, complete and utter self implosion!

We laughed at them * when they could only entice mad pedro to take the job, we have * collapsed if this is the best we can attract!

utterly depressing and no snippet from an aussie player will butter it up for me!

Im not even disappointed its not Howe, * him, but surely there are far better candidates, someone like favre, literally just cant get my head around it at all.

John Bhoy79 likes this.
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Smells of lawell to be honest Rodgers had loads of staff most have seen in videos at lennoxtown
    The. He left and Celtic happily knocked it down to four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What will happen is Ange and his assistant John Kennedy will be given whatever waste of space our new yes-man, sorry, director of football, manages to find on the cheap. Dudu Dahan will probably be involved. They will be touted as an uncovered diamond(like old Ange will) and some fans with more hope than sense will take the bait. They will ultimately flounder(like old Ange will) and the downward spiral will continue. This Australian may be a good coach but there is a difference between a good coach and a good manager. Ronny Deila is a good coach, talks very well about football. A good manager though? This Australian should be nowhere near the Celtic job, it is both an insult to the supporters and proof of the board's incompetence if he is.