1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Get kennedy * now and give Fran alonso the * job until we * hire some * in mid July

We can have a caretakersquared manager till then

AdamRS, JamesM09 and Paul McAuley like this.
  2. TransferBhoy

He has been decided and has had a say in the new man.

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Absolutely * * hour once again! Shambles from the club!

In all honesty with DD and co
    Running the club will see us fall further behind them.

We may as well hand them the * league. No I’m not being dramatic, them * have dragged our * hells now for 3 * months now and we will end up with Roy * Keane.

I sent loads of merchandise back in December I won’t be putting another * Penny I to the club for the forceable.

Absolutely * scunnered

Crilly, ddub11, Rydo1888* and 3 others like this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

I for one will not be giving any dross appointment the time of day * this faithful through and through give them a chance bullshit. If its any of Ross, Keane, Postecoglu, Davidson or any others of that * calibre I will want them out the door before they even start the only way this is salvageable is to get a Rafa, Favre or Rangnick which obviously won't happen

bhoy81 likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Why even release a statement? What an absolute embarrassment.

Hope it's not that Ange guy that's been rumoured today, finishing 9th in the Japanese league is nowhere near good enough.

Crilly and Artorias like this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Diego Martinez left Granada yesterday.

There’s plenty of * options but you know we’ll be going after someone like Clarke, Ross or Michael O’Neil.

76mark likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    You still running about with your American flag or whit?

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, needless to say now, but we aren't getting a director of football, nor the restructure we all wanted.

The setup at this club is completely *. It's so backwards it is unreal.

9. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    There is tons of good managers out there but I can't see many of the better ones wanting to come here....due to our * set up and board.

10. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    However unpalatable it may seem, there are some really grim times ahead.

The Huns will be in the CL this season and we'll be in the Conference League. That'll be an enormous financial boost for them, and another disastrous loss for us.

They'll be nailed on favourites for the league as well, which this season guarantees CL football automatically. So that will be 2 years of CL income while we continue to trade at Ronny Deila levels.

Will be years before we're anywhere near the title.

AdamRS likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Whoever takes it now was happy to be plan B, C or D for months on end.

Grim.

The Phoenix, Sgt Neppers* and Jmac402 like this.
  12. themouth1888

I just feel sorry for all the poor * who have already renewed their ST.

Let's just reality settle in here .

A manager who was out of work all season and would have been taking a jump up in his managerial profile said no to us after * around 3 months.

We are only going to climb down the class of manager now and they all know we are desperate as *

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  13. greenpegasus

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    What in the love of fucktopia has happened to our once glorious club!! This is a shitload of embarrassment and no mistake.

Well done the powers that be, you bunch of saggy fucktitties...

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m not sure what’s not to get... the defensive and patient style of play is boring to watch. We play in a league where our budget dwarfs every team minus Rangers, but still reasonably higher I think (£15/20mil?)? Could be wrong. Regardless, as a fan I expect us to have a team more than capable of dominating domestically and actually playing entertaining football.

Struggling like we have this season shouldn’t be acceptable. We’ve been awful, and we spend so much more money than every other team.

Yeah there is other factors like recruitment but we can afford to have the best recruitment in the country. So if done correct we should be way ahead.

In Europe, that’s valid, we’ve done better in recent years with a more defensive approach but it doesn’t mean we can’t punch above and play good football and win. I don’t expect to beat Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City and so on. But we can be competitive and do as well as the other clubs.

The Man City game we drew 3-3 is one I still remember so well because it was entertaining.

Look at Atalanta, Lazio, Sevilla, Villarreal, Ajax, RB clubs and so on. We have a budget about the same as these clubs so why can’t we do as well in Europe and not get embarrassed? And play an attractive style of football? Yeah, we did beat Lazio but we’d have been destroyed this season by them as we were a joke.

I just expect so much better. We as fans pay so much money to the club and the club spend so much money on players and wages and managers and the structure that I expect a much better return.

The last decade has been incredible but the last season hasn’t just been a bad season, it’s been shambolic.

If we hire a manager like Davidson or Clarke or a defensive minded manager who can work on shoestring budgets it just lacks ambition for me. It’s not the defensive style or the small budget but the combination of them I dislike. Someone mentioned Alex Neil and it made me think not the worst option but he worked on a shoestring budget and played good football. That’s the difference for me.

Artorias likes this.
  15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Criminal not to have it signed and sealed while allowing that wait. Whats worse is it looks like we decided to wait on him for summer and blew the chance to replace Lennon in Jan or whatever.

16. Paul McAuley

Tell yi whit Dom McKay can aswell get his filofax back in his motor cause he's upset me more than Lawwel ever has!! * the PLC!!! Ma ST money is going to the Trust. Dermot sell up! Shut Up! Get ti *!

Peej and DonnyCelt like this.
  17. CLLScottBroon8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Neil Lennon til end of the season anyone?

Jokes aside. The board need moved on immediately that's plain to see but if Howe has not came because his backroom staff where unwilling to move then what can celtic really do about that? That goes to show what kind of utter * bag he truly is if not he needs to come out and say why it was he agreed to take it and then broke it off or the board need to say exactly what went on until then the board will be blamed end of story. Whoever gets the gig with us has lost straight away being second best to Howe

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Diego Martinez??

littlekennie likes this.
  19. Paul McAuley

Pep Gardiola could tattoo up the ra on his forehead and we'd probably spend 3 and a half year negotiating jist to say ' we couldn't get it iver the line'

SteveyNico67 and Artorias like this.
  20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't want Howe this morning but the guy has managed at 1 club successfully that he ultimately got relegated. The club is his local club. He got an armchair ride from the support and the media. He bought numerous players for crazy money (solanke/Ibe/Kelly/=£47 million) who turned out complete garbage. He appears to have wanted his mate as dof and numerous coaches in his backroom team. Even if he came and even if he succeeded short term it would have ended in tears. personally I think hes afraid to manage at a big club.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

76mark likes this.