1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

If he was their number one target and he said I'm only joining in the summer what do you want them to do? By all accounts everybody is keen on Howe so if he's the right man for the job I would rather wait than move on to someone else just because he was able to join earlier.

wanmadtim likes this.
  2. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I agree. Another opportunity missed. He would’ve scored a barrage of goals up here.

SteveyNico67 and Artorias like this.
  3. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree that being in limbo like this is frustrating and somewhat embarrassing, but the appointment isn’t just about Howe per se; it’s about getting the entire backroom staff together so there is some cohesion, strength and chemistry there immediately. It may not seem that important at the moment, but it is and will be in the long term. Hopefully the result today will draw a line under the whole saga.

Btw, as an aside, were you inferring in your post above that Brentford and Bournemouth are non-entities? I think, sadly, that if either of those two sides was to play us in a serious game right now, we’d probably come up short. Just my opinion.

4. StevieBhoooy!

I don’t get all the ‘respect to Bournemouth ‘ stuff... leagues done for them.., and when did football start having scruples and respect ?

If the EH deal is all done and was just a case of waiting to draw a line under that then it’s Box ticked.

If the back room guys were all dependent on that then it should be first thing Monday...
    Any further waiting should be ringing serious alarm bells.

If there’s still discussions or negotiations to be done then we are effectively at ‘square one’ still.

It’s should really be announced first thing Monday if a done deal.

I don’t expect it to happen.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Its financial he's due money from Bournemouth apparently

6. Sgt Neppers*

No reason other than gut feeling, more leaks via The Scum and Daily Ranger next week with a Monday June 1st official announcement.

Whenever it is, there should be a raft of appointments and structure out to the fans. This will be in line with Season tickets renewals opening and a new home top unveiled.

Nothing like a PLC plan coming together.

7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How so? Wasn’t it a bonus issue that was dependent on them getting to the EPL?

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah. He'd have worked under the current regime, and been punted out somewhere with no confidence to ever recover :fear:

littlekennie and JamesM09 like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think Lenny would have
    given him game time to be honest. But at least Hammond has gone now so we can hopefully get someone competent in.

10. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Still seems so amateurish that we just don't buy out this contract and get these guys in. I know it could be an absolute fortune but still.....

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I still don't understand why it isn't just announced though, even if we are told it is at the end of the season.

Are we to expect that he has some fancy * contract where he still gets paid, but Bournemouth are completely oblivious to the fact he has signed in principle with Celtic and are just nodding away paying him more money, knowing he is on the move anyway?

12. ddub11

Lots of legal/contract stuff that we will never understand or realise.We are all guessing as to what the situation is and i really think none of us have a clue.

Peej likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    But that's what I don't get, assuming these contracts are more confusing than I will ever pretend to know how to decipher, I can only assume at this stage it is common knowledge to those needing to know, that Howe is the man taking over at Celtic.

Surely by this stage then Bournemouth may have heard a small rumour about him taking on the Celtic job? Wouldn't their lawyers be all over that fancy * contract to get them out of it, if he has even just in principle agreed to sign and is waiting out his deal?
    I can't believe he has a complex contract that has an easy "out" by Howe just doing everything bar sign on the dotted line?
    He seemingly is working behind the scenes, wouldn't Bournemouth be all over that aspect?

Going round in circles in my own mind to be honest Dub and I know none of us has the actual answers. It all just seems too convenient at times, easy excuses and all that from our side. Or rather it isn't from our side, but the club are happy to let these rumours drive the narrative.

ddub11 likes this.
  14. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Does the Bournemouth defeat mean Eddie Beige can join us now?

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Thank * were coming to a resolution

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. jambo_cfc

Realistically what players does he bring from bournmouth ? I wreckon smith who had a decent game and would be a free , rico , brooks and lewis cook all have a year on their contracts and i would be looking at them 3

19. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    The keeper

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No contingency plan for their manager and poor recruitment for 2 year's..

Is he talking about Bournemouth or us? :giggle1: