1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Chances of winning the league are already slimmer than a blue rizla. European group stage football is almost certainly already gone.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly.

3. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Why?

4. jambo_cfc

If eddies howe is all be signed then i expect he would have been in contact with the likes of cook , smith to see if the fancy coming up here

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As many clubs across Europe are proving since Lennon left, clubs can announce a new manager in advance of the new season.

This board are just doing what they always do, treating the fans like *.

Their tweet about welcoming "shoppers" back to the store the other week said it all, we aren't fans anymore, we are a cash value to them and nothing else.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I agree they have not been fan friendly but I'm curious as to what you expect. I myself just expect a "We assure you we are looking at a new manager and this has taken longer than we had hoped but we want to make sure the right choice is made to give the fans what they deserve from their club" or along those lines. I myself don't expect much, just acknowledgement that the fans are being very patient with the club.

Peej likes this.
  7. john2061

The board could still put a statement out saying we have a manager and will announce it soon .
    Just have some communication with the fans for fucksake and can see some fans getting * off if the zombies announce another new signing and there's still silence from this board .

Peej likes this.
  8. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I think it would be to do with having to pay Bournemouth compensation etc could be wrong.

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    According to JP Taylor they will be sending out a communication to the fans

10. StevieBhoooy!

The title of this thread has never been so correct...

Right now - ANYBODY is a potential manager whether it’s Howe or me....

Im not quite sure how to interpret what the board are up to. I can only conclude that Howe is not a done deal and they would/could be in trouble if they even hinted at it right now. Why keep under wraps if it was done? Unless at Howe’s request... and why would he want that?

I think that the club will be working on the assumption of ‘blind faith’ regarding ST sales... they know the majority will renew whether unhappy or not... If their 10k waiting list still exists then they might cover any shortfall... but could be slow.

If any manager was already lined up.. you’d think they would want it out there ASAP to get fans stirred up and keen to be part of next season... and of course taking the cash from them.

Maybe they are waiting until the season is properly over and dropping a bomb with new manager, signings, kit etc all in one blast .. but the recent history of dithering and opacity on these things doesn’t point at that.

Peej likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Literally this as well.

Dom McKay coming in early was a good time to release something like that.

Even just easing the minds of the customer and tell us that it will be end of season before we announce anything.
    At least then the customer knows.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Westlondonscot likes this.
  12. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

If it's Howe and he is bringing in his own staff then the hold up might be that the coaches he wants are still employed by his former club. This is a bad situation to be in for us as Bournemouth are pushing for promotion and the coaches may want to stay if they get the promotion and if Howe is set on those coaches and them alone it could throw a spanner in the works and he may decide not to come at all.

13. john2061

If the board have put their eggs in one basket on Howe they are * Amateurs and should have a number two target as back up .
    This could still fall through and * help those on the board if it does it will make the man utd protests look like a picnic if it does .

14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    If this is indeed the case we should tell Howe to * do one.

This has gone on long enough

15. CountyDownFaithful

If we don’t have a manager announced by the time we play St Johnstone next Wednesday then it’s about time we made our voices heard again.

This is utter negligence from the board once again. The Huns have a stable squad and are already adding to it for next season. On the other hand, our situation worsens with every passing day and the gap between us and them gets bigger.

This rebuild goes right through the club from CEO to the dug-out and playing squad at every level. We are 11 weeks away from our first champions league qualifier and we still don’t have a manager in place or a recruitment chief.

Look at some of the players who are free agents in the summer. We are going to be missing out on some brilliant players because once again we are too * slow to act. They’ve had months and months to sort this out.

16. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree it has dragged out although it wouldn't be as bad if someone from the club actually took the time to update the fans about the situation. For all we know an agreement has been reached with Bournemouth for the coaches Howe wants but no one can move until the season is over. Again though for all we know Bournemouth have told us to do one and we are scrambling around looking at alternatives.

The club could easily ease the fears of the paying customers by actually saying something about the situation.

seanm and Peej like this.
  17. TheHappyLoss

If it’s anything like previous communication they can stick it right up their skuttle!

seanm and Peej like this.
  18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Eddie howe hasn't signed though.

seanm likes this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Trust the process, customer #37592.

We don’t want to risk any knee * reactions. Our customers simply don’t know what goes on behind the scenes etc etc :76::87:

20. murphy88

Maybe the board are waiting to see how Kennedy does in the last two games :fear:

seanm likes this.