1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

The longer we leave it the more likely this will end up happening. Either that we delay as per give someone it to the end of the season and then make an appointment then. The current set up love kicking the can down the road if it saves ££ now.

2. Keano88

If the players are shaken after a few angry fans turn up outside the stadium I can’t imagine how they’d feel heading back to the changing rooms after a defeat knowing Roy is waiting.

JML67 likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Newcastle fans were desperate to keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sarcasm mate, I’m the one banging the Rafa drum :56:

littlekennie likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Rodgers did it with In 1 competitive game lost to red imps went back to drawing board and came back with a winning formula and never looked back after that loss he would have spent hours analysing what went wrong and what to fix we need that type of guy at the minute

DennyCelt, Peej and Crilly like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Which is the stark difference between a competent manager and Lennon who admitted last month he hasn't reviewed a game in a long time.

I have my own preference in can Bommel and Marco silva, but honestly, anyone who has a love for the game and a love to develop and learn.
    We need someone who's willing to scrutinise every aspect of our play, someone to want to educate the players.
    Someone who's going to be in the office at 7am, going through everything for the players rolling up at 9am and is still there come 6pm when the players are long gone.

I get the impression Lennon drives in to work and makes up the days training on the drive in, which is likely just sprints and a dummy 7 a side practice match.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It needs to be a rodgers like appointment. Someone who will excite the support and galvanise the players.

Sadly, like it or not the main reason rodgers came here was his connection to the club. Whether people believe that connection was as strong now is immaterial.

If he didnt have that irish and celtic connection he wouldnt have looked twice at us. That is the difficulty we face.

Desmond also wont fund the high wage per week of someone without that connection either that much is clear.

8. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    We might as well keep NL if you lot want to replace him with MON, Keane or Strachan. That's mental as it will not be much different at all.

NL is more modern than all of them. If he does go we need to get someone in that is on point tactically, excellent training methods and man management skills.

I don't know who that is but I'm not running a football club.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The fact he gave the players extra days off leading upto the killie draw after a 3 month layoff tells me he didn’t want to go into work

ThatBhoyLarsson, JamesM09 and Peej like this.
  10. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Chris Davies.

An outstanding, modern coach with a competent grasp of tactics and team structure.

Look at the replay of Rogic's Invincible Treble winning goal. In the middle of the celebrations he's straight in Rodgers' ear pointing out what needs to be done to see the game out. We immediately take off Paddy Roberts and change shape.

He was always a very proactive - as opposed to reactive - assistant who seemed to have a very good reading of the game.

It's also worth noting that he already knows the expectations of the club and knows a great deal about the strengths and weakness of this squad. He'd know what to do right away. It's not like he'd need a preseason to assess the players.

The question is whether being the assistant manager at Leicester is more attractive than being the main man at Celtic. I certainly think we should at least ask the question.

Dinosaurs like MON, Strachan, Keane etc. aren't the answer.

11. JamesM09

Some excellent out of the box thinking.

I suspect he would rather be an assistant though. It’s a different game being a manager vs. an assistant.

Certainly one I would look at though.

76mark likes this.
  12. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I feel like Eddie Howe’s become such a cliché choice now his name’s been banded about everywhere, but this is honestly how I feel about him. I mind watching a video of him working with the Bournemouth players in training and he was brilliant, so hands on but in the way where he actually knew what he was talking about :fear: not saying he’d be the best choice or that he’d even come, but he HAS to be asked the question surely

Peej likes this.
  13. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Great shout but the pessimist in me honestly can’t see us taking on someone who’s already in a job, he’s exactly the type we need though

14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He might not fancy it but we should be asking the question anyway. He ticks a lot of the boxes and would likely be able to turn it around quickly.

I know being an assistant is different from full managerial responsibilities but it is worth noting that around this time last year Bayern sacked Kovac and appointed his assistant who went onto win the league and Champions League.

JamesM09 likes this.
  15. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Mickey Harte, Former Tyrone Gaelic Football manager, only out of a job. He’d do us a turn I’d say.

16. Sevcoslayer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The board had a failed motion to sack Lenny on Friday morning. They required a unanimous vote but Lawwell voted against.

Directors weren’t happy, but had to pass him a “vote of confidence” as they couldn’t terminate him.

Desmond and Bankier reconvened a board meeting via video link at 8pm Sunday night after discussions with Lawwell. They have insisted that Lawwell abstain, because he is stepping down at the AGM and shouldn’t be blocking any motions single handedly.

Jack Ross agent has provisionally agreed terms, but the deal hinges on a settlement with Hibs. They were approached last week BEFORE the Sparta game, but were clearly expecting the vote to pass on Friday.

Lenny has a video conference call with the board at 9:15am, where he will be asked to resign. If he refuses, he will be placed on leave.

Kennedy will take the team to Milan.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Where’s this coming from?

18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye but Christie doesn’t score points for * it over the bar in Football.

charlietully and Twisty like this.
  19. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    In a job now lad haha

20. JamesM09

Sounds like a lot of *.