1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We need someone in now . We could lose about 9-10 first team squad players its scandalous we have let it get this bad . The mismanagement from top to bottom this season has been a fkn joke

Artorias, DonnyCelt and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    You’re not allowed to refer to him as Lennedy

3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I actually think we needed someone at the beginning of January to make a real stab at it next season. Even that would’ve left them with a lot to do in summer.

Feels like whatever we do will be too little, too late for next season now.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I said a while back leaving it to the summer will cost us next season and we will have to give the new manager time.

This rebuild is going to take at least two seasons to get us back up and running, winning the league and getting results for Europe.

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take the green tinted specs off and get their head out the sand.

This rebuild and culture change at the club is going to be massive, but will our owner and his parasites pave the way for forward thinking and a proactive plan to run the club or will they do what they have always done and be reactive and do it on the cheap.

I honestly think the latter and there is * all to suggest otherwise.

* sick to my stomach with the way they have * the club and the fans over.

5. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    If we appointed a big name now and he came in he would have a chance to see what players are worth fighting to keep maybe the players will take to him and be in no rush to leave there is no benefit in leaving it to summer we need a rebuild the sooner the person starts the better for me.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Its that bad ill just be happy to watch nice football and players with some heart.

I do believe we will win the league though.

I still thought we would win the league until the new year game...

Artorias likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm still on the firm belief the McKay coming in early is to sort out the backroom staff situation that Howe has requested.

I believe Howe is the man, he's got the job.
    But everyone is downplaying it for the time being.

The character Howe is, he will 100% be watching every kick of every ball in training and matches via streams and videos.
    Not the most perfect way of doing things and certainly doesn't allow him to get his ideas across, but I believe he will be throwing himself at this even down south and will come in as soon as the season finishes and start work on getting the setup the way he wants it, making deals happen with players in/out during the off-season and come first preseason game, it's all go!

I will say though, the complete lack of communication to the fans is an utter disgrace, either way. If it's my wishful thinking or that the worse case scenario has happened.
    The fans are yet again left in the dark.

* * of a board. day 4 and the new CEO who's meant to be a PR delight hasn't managed to communicate in some way to the fans regarding the ongoing disaster of finding a new manager 2 months after the last one finally * off.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. dmccourt95

Next season is over for me if they don’t get a good DOF and manager in within the next 7-10 days. Whoever comes in has just under 3 months before our first game next season and we haven’t even started any kind of preparation

9. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    If Howe's watching every kick of every ball in training than he will have cut out his eyes before he had even set foot onto our training pitch :giggle1:

ThatBhoyLarsson, Buster and Peej like this.
  10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't know anything about what's going on, bit irrational here, but Howe can * off.

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

McKay coming in early is a sign that there's planning going on in the background..

A wee bit of patience is required I feel, its important things are done correctly

This season has gone anyway on the park.

12. murphy88

I don't think Howe is the problem here, I think it is the board. I think Howe wants to bring in people he knows he can trust, and why wouldn't he. I wouldn't be surprised the board are trying to force Kennedy and Strachan on him as well.

Twisty and Marty McFly like this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agreed lads, my post was more in jest/frustration.

@JC Anton I think the problem with asking for patience is that a lot of us have been waiting months for a change so whilst it makes sense, it's hard to stomach

JC Anton likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, I know mate I should maybe have worded it as a bit more patience...

McKay came in early, only starting on Monday so it's clear there is planning underway.

Marty McFly likes this.
  15. murphy88

Patience has worn thin mate. We should have been appointing a new manager back in November when we still had a chance of saving the season. We are now in April with 3 league games left, have nothing left to play for, an interim manager who was part of the problem in charge, we have no idea who the new manager is going to be for next season, we are going to need to bring in about 10 new players between starting eleven and squad players for next season, and the board have remained silent for long enough after us being promised a review which didn't happen, and have treated us like scum. I think the fans have been more than patient here.

Artorias and JC Anton like this.
  16. GavCFC1

I’m surprised we’ve not heard anything yet, hopefully something positive will come out soon. Sooner the season is over now the better

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye I totally get it mate..

Season has been a disaster, but its so important we make the right decisions now.

Who knows what's happening with Howe or DoF, but at least the top man is in place now and we're not having to make all these decisions 2 months down the line.

McKay only started on Mon so hopefully we'll see the rebuild in action fairly soon.

Artorias likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He shouldn't be allowed to dictate who his DoF is tho, if that's the stumbling block we should walk away.

MusselburghBhoy likes this.
  19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We needed someone on the 27th of August....

Officer Doofy likes this.
  20. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    We don't know if he demanded his own DOF we don't even know if he was ever interviewed or was ever coming, can anyone actually say their 100% sure? we are all working off hear say and paper speculation and online know it all trolls....

All I do know as a fan, someone who's supported Celtic through the worst days and the best we need this sorted as soon as possible we cannot sit here and dwindle until the summer, we need targets laid out replacements in place for those leaving, it can't all be a last minute scramble to get in loans and whatever else like this year when we saw Duffy, Laxalt and whoever else roll in at the last minute.

oh bhoy likes this.