1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    After that shambles, the club needs to announce something ASAP, tomorrow would be ideal, Tuesday at the latest.

And a feel good soundbite from McKay on his "vision" is not going to cut it for bringing fans back onside.
    We need a manager announced.

Hammy89, Wee Baldy and The Prof like this.
  2. joemc

This 100% m8 , the rule never keep unhappy players let alone play them in crucial games , we pressed a few players into staying another year understandably to keep as little change as possible for the 10 , maybe the changes should have been made then as its not worked out keeping them , our defense before br was woefully short in numbers and it was patched up back then , we have not produced a Striker for decades, gerry crainey am sure was the last one and that is going way back , would love to know if that one is true, if so the system is broken .

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally. I know there have been plenty of lows throughout this * season and, as a support, we have had to put up with one disaster after another however, I don't think I've felt as low as what I did today watching that abysmal inept performance

4. DonnyCelt

This is what I fear

5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Highly unlikely we get it right 1st time.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Won't be too long before the good times are back mate, the last decade has been brilliant domestically, this season has been a disaster but i'm not overly bothered tbh , the 10 has gone and what's important now is the re-build.

I really hope Howe get's the gig, that's the type of manager i want to see at our club.

We need to get the feelgood factor back at the club, an announcement this week would give everyone a boost, by * we need it lol.

bagforlife, Tommy25, Hammy89 and 6 others like this.
  7. DonnyCelt

Yep, unless we have already begun putting things in place already, we have zero time to lose.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think Howe is the man I also think it's been known for a while but we've held off so that Mckay was in the door and also to give us a boost after today win lose or draw. Then again I think that would require some element of forward thinking so maybe not

Mr Shelby, greenockbhoy67 and StanP19 like this.
  9. Mr. Slippyfist

We, the support, need a massive pick me up.

Only one thing will do that and it’s a “big name” appointment. Eddie Howe obviously is the criteria-filler for that.

If it’s happneing, it needs to happen early next week.

Hammy89, mayo and StanP19 like this.
  10. joemc

Was thinking this as well, along the lines of the amout of change we will go through , possibly a good post topic , would fans accept short termism and defensive system say with clarke, if it took the title next year playing to counter attack teams or long term and building over 2 or 3 years to regain the title with a fan choice as manager and playing attacking style , me i would choose the title next year everytime .

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I think it's done in all but announcement. Been very quiet from all side's which makes me think it's just waiting for the new CEO to announce it as you say..

Spot on. This has been torture this year and today has been another dagger but we'll definitely be back..

Some of our younger support will have only known success over this last decade. There'll be boy's in their late teens who probably won't have remembered a Hun title (which probably sums up why this has been so bad, because of how big a drop off it's been)..

We need to get this in motion though. The support have been put through enough now and there has to be something this week, agreed..

12. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My boy is one of them. In tears when they won the league. Inconsolable to be honest. When I seen him like that it made me realise what we had achieved but also how our board let us fall off a cliff like we did. Shocking

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They've failed us massively..

I can accept defeat and losing to the better team....but no like this. From a position of such strength financially and playing staff...to then have a collapse of this magnitude is unforgivable..

To then sit back and allow such amateurish management to continue is just complete negligence..

I can't wait until the season's over. Contemplating bombing out the remaining fixtures unless a new coach is announced or we play a number of academy boy's..

14. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Totally agree mate... great post!

Foley1888 and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

This 100%. :50:

16. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Nail on the head

Gyp Rosetti and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Lean towards whatever it takes to get it back soon as possible too.

The sheer scale of the rebuild is going to make it very difficult.

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

I would love to hear the boards reasoning for allowing Lennon to go on as long as he did. The AGM was an embarrassment just a back patting session

Tommy25 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This is the thing for me, we won't get any answers. The most frustrating part of it all.

James likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I said a while back the rebuild is massive, no * way we will win the league at a canter next season as some would think on previous posts.

Today showed how bad we are, we need a full rebuild and that’s not going to happen over this summer and we win the league it’s going to take at least a couple of seasons.

SuperZidane likes this.