1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

Wonder if their intention is to get near to summer and recruit Steve Clarke for next season? He has their kinda feel about him...

2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    There is a bit more on his twitter.

@Bobo_ posted it in the Callum McGregor thread.

3. PARKHEAD67

Roy Keane. Why not? I reckon he'd wake all those shitebags up. I actually think he's a very good manager. I'd love to see Lennon turn it around but Sunday is the big one.

4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What makes you think Roy Keane is a very good manager.

Mr Shelby and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Warnock is a rangers man rumor is he’s on retainer incase * hits the fan with Gerrard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I have noticed that McGregor has either been too high or far to deep at times and when he is deep he doesn’t actually know where he should be ..... be in front of the ball Calum would be a start ..... it’s so * * clear their is no organisation what so ever this team are used to being drilled by Brendan they are not used to the O’Neil style of putting it together yourselves

Artorias likes this.
  7. Markybhoy

Could be a shout. Would certainly be a better option than Neil Lennon at this point.

PS. It is insane to me that there are people who would actually want Roy Keane to take over. How could you possibly look at that man's managerial career and come to the conclusion that he is the answer? Throwing Roy Keane into a dressing room full of players who have lost their confidence would be a calamitous move.

8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    "Speaking on the Transfer Window Podcast, Ian McGarry has stated that Celtic are already eyeing up Gordon Strachan as a potential replacement for Neil Lennon."

Who's Ian McGarry? I would worry the players would think "heres another dinosaur " if Strachan came in.

9. Lord Gaga

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Think we need someone who has coached/managed to a high standard recently. Look at the difference that Clarke / Rodgers and to a certain extent Gerrard have had up here

10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

By all accounts it's not gerrard at all doing the coaching, but beale.

littlekennie likes this.
  11. Markybhoy

I'm jacking it for this season if they sack Lennon and replace him with Strachan.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn’t be against Maloney being part of the first team coaching staff. A really good coach and obsessed with the game.

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Same, I doubt he'd be interested in giving up his Belgian number though.

14. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I know lol. “Get Neil in, he’ll give them a rocket up their * and get them playing”, Warnock is perhaps even less tactically astute than Lenny.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I’d take Warnock over Lennon every single time.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  16. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I can't think of many out of work managers off the top of my head who would both be realistic, achievable appointments and would improve us.

The likes of Mark Hughes, Marco Silva, Quique Sanchez Flores etc are all guys with decent experience, decent pedigree and speak English, so they'd be OK appointments and could potentially improve us, but all of them have pretty big question marks over them as well.

Eddie Howe is the stand-out for me. A training ground coach who embraces modern practices and is known for his attention to detail and developing players through his coaching. He records and analyses training sessions, whereas it's apparently rare for Lennon to watch actual games back. He had a very clear style of play at Bournemouth whcih would appear to suit the players we have, and his long-term No. 2 is now the manager at Bournemouth, so that leaves an opening for John Kennedy to stay on, which seems like something the current board would be keen on.

He seems a very similar type to Rodgers, and the amjority of this group really responded to that type of management, and despite everything I'm sure Rodgers would really sell the club to Howe if he chose to sound him out. He could also look at Rodgers, sacked by Liverpool and a bit of a joke figure, and how he repaired his reputation at Celtic, became a winner and is now doing very well back in England. We have to use that as a selling point.
    People are fair to question whether he could handle the pressure, but you can look at that another way. We're close enough in the League that winning 10 is still achievable, but far enough behind that a new manager would be cut some slack if we failed to win the title this year.

He was alledgedly on £3m at Bournmouth. Well, we paid Rodgers somewhere north of £2m and could offer decent bonuses for Champions League qualification etc, so it's financially viable if we're serious about getting someone of that quality in.

ArchiePelago and littlekennie like this.
  17. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I’d take him because , at the very least, he would know when the gig is up when * hits the fan and * off. Unlike Lennon. That’s how low the bar is set rn.

18. Celticbhoy97

Looks like he’s went rouge on what Lenny is coaching... we don’t press the ball ever.. it’s * embarrassing

Artorias likes this.
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    By all accounts the reason for the huns collapse last season was because the manager was only their thurs to mon when it was one game a week

20. Sgt Neppers*

The way some people talk about us you think Celtic was a club full of lepers, riddled wi Covid. We have a talented squad, with potential waiting to be coached and nurtured. Albeit Europe is done, the almighty challenge is there in the 10. We are a good opportunity for any manager to come in and work their magic for us and get us another title and a good Europe run. As we are a club good to help people get back to say the EPL after a few years if they desire.