1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    And also plays him with Ollie Burke who is equally as bad

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Unless he was already sounded out and he’s using that as an excuse to leave with a payout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jambo_cfc

Left after a disagreement about transfers , the club wanted him to worry about the teamrather than transfers which he was not happy about !
    Possibility that burke and mcburnie were not his signings ! However the chances of wilder coming in with a director of football are very slim as he wants control of transfers!

4. The67Sound

The genius bit is he tells the centre backs to overlap the wing backs (so I'm told). Good news for Ajer if he stays

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Jack hendry will be kept

The67Sound likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Wilder as manager would not inspire me to renew my ST. Hopefully it's just another rumour in the long line of rumours we have to put up with and we will only discover our new manager when he is paraded in front of the media with the obligatory Celtic scarf held aloft.

ddub11 and Peej like this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Wherever Howe is goi g it looks like tindal is not following

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think Howes going to Palace

10. Blade in peace

Hi all, Sheffield United fan in peace here.

I see Chris Wilder has become heavy favourite for the Celtic job. I can understand why you'd be underwhelmed by this, after the season we've had. Especially with our Scotland Internationals being anything but impressive, but I'm here to offer the other side.

Wilder has worked utter miracles at Sheffield United. He took over a club that was an absolute state. We were stuck in the third tier of football and were getting worse with each passing season. The fans were angry and there was absolutely no unity whatsoever. It was the lowest I've seen us. Chris Wilder came in, had to cut the wage budget, he had nothing to spend and yet completely changed our clubs trajectory. In his first season we got 100 points and absolutely walked to promotion. In his second season we narrowly missed the play offs, despite having one of the lowest budgets in the league. In his third he added a couple of quality signings in John Egan, David McGoldrick (who I'm sure ROI fans will have seen) and Norwood (Northern Ireland International). In that season we beat Bielsa's Leeds to automatic promotion. In the Premier league he lead us to a 9tb place finish, we were on course for even better pre lockdown.

In summary, he united the club, played entertaining, attacking and innovative football and lead us to the heighest league position anyone can remember.
    His premier league signings haven't been good, but in his defence we have league one facilities, league one scouting and recruitment and championship wages and yet expect premier league quality players.

Sheffield United fans are all in absolute turmoil right now. Despite our league position, 99% of fans are still fully behind Wilder. We absolutely love him. He deserves a chance at a better job. I know Celtic is a way, way bigger club than anyone he's previously managed, but his progress and success everywhere he's been shows how capable he is. He could improve Celtic and become a favourite.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Thanks for that mate. And welcome.

Blade in peace likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. James Gold Member Gold Member

I would also like to be the next manager but that's not happening either.

martin_d and Peej like this.
  15. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Roy Keane
    Chris Wilder

Underwhelming and frightening.

martin_d likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    ROY KEANE wants to become Celtic manager and make a sensational box-office return to Scottish football.

SunSport can reveal the legendary Manchester United and Republic of Ireland idol would consider an offer to replace Neil Lennon.

Hoops job interests him.

Keane spoke to Celts about becoming their boss before they appointed Ronny Deila back in 2014.

However, those talks collapsed, with the volatile Irishman unimpressed with how the negotiations with chief executive Peter Lawwell developed.

But Keane still feels a strong allegiance to the club and major shareholder Dermot Desmond could see him as the big-name appointment to take on Rangers after Steven Gerrard’s side crushed the Hoops’ ten in a row hopes.

Keane would relish the opportunity to take on Gerrard and reignite the playing rivalry he had with the Liverpool icon.

Celts are weighing up their options as they look to revamp their behind-the-scenes structure at the club, as well as name a new boss.

Dominic McKay is due to take over from exiting Lawwell in June.

It's not the guy that usually gets the tips from Celtic

17. CountyDownFaithful

Worst thing about that article is it says the board want the next manager to work beside Kennedy and Strachan.

* joke if true.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    See Keane would make it about getting one over Gerrard rather than what happens for Celtic look at it those way say he beats Gerrard and wins nexts seeason Gerrard then leaves you telling me Keane gonna stick around

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    And the club are also on the lookout for a new director of football to oversee the entire football department, along with a new chief scout.

However, it is possible they would want their next boss to work with John Kennedy and the current backroom staff.

20. Jeffrey

Don’t think that battle will go as it pans out in Keanes head. The guy at the other side of the city is a good manager, has players who are not all that impressive individually performing well domestically and in Europe. Keane is too volatile just like Lennon.